• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
The thing I'm most unsure about is whether Titanfall's crazy speed and acrobatics would make for a good BR. If you can wallrun but there's only occasional buildings or cliffs to run on, it becomes moot. But then again, what makes BR exciting in the first place is the slow buildup, the tactical battles, the stealth. Turning it into a game where everyone runs at 80mph and jumps 300 feet while shooting rockets and shotties in people's face sounds bizarre, and they'd have to have a HUGE map to accomodate the traversal with that many players. Of course the game could be slower, less acrobatic and such, but with the game already taking out titans, why call it Titanfall besides brand recognition at that point?

Either way, we'll see in a couple hours, hopefully the game isn't too big because I'd love to download it and play it in time later tonight.

I can almost guarantee that they won't have it available to play today on consoles and that it'll only be an announcement. I read somewhere else they're talking about an April 2nd release date. This is definitely the kind of game that needs a beta to make sure everything works and Respawn hasn't launched a game without a beta yet. We might get a beta but I don't think it'll be today. Again, I hope I'm wrong!

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Got diamond for all the primary classes. Onto the remaining secondaries. Mozu, launcher, and MOG are all gold so we just have the Strife, RK7, SG12, and the Knife left. I'm doing the Strife and RK7 in core and it's not going bad. Still managing to work towards an overall 3.00 K/D. I'm at like 2.8 now.

What's sad is that I accidentally picked my knife class once and went on a super long killstreak with multiple kills. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that when I need to...

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hopefully future LTMs will be a lot better, Ambush is a huge disappointment. Vehicles are annoying as fuck and I'd you don't find a bowie knife you might as well just leave

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hardcore and Mercenary Nuketown playlists coming tomorrow

Maybe Nuketown will be somewhat enjoyable without 5-man parties spawntrapping for 90% of the match

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex Legends is a lot of fun, it definitely launched in a better state than Blackout was in its 1.0. We'll see how the game holds up and how's the long-term support, but Blackout finally has some good triple-A competition out there. Hopefully this will force Treyarch/Acti on doubling down on the Blackout updates, as so far it's been rather slow and not always positive (the shield changes are meh).

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Blackout is never gonna get a lot of updates for a few simple reasons:
  1. Blackout is just one of 3 modes, and Treyarch already has to think about their next game. Where games like PUBG, Fortnite and Apex without a doubt have quite big teams with the sole purpose of supporting the game behind them Blackout isn't gonna have this because of this
  2. It's CoD, we get a new game every single year and Activision isn't gonna change that when it comes to BR. Why invest manpower and money into Blackout when you want people to go out and buy the new game later this year?

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is never gonna get a lot of updates for a few simple reasons:
  1. Blackout is just one of 3 modes, and Treyarch already has to think about their next game. Where games like PUBG, Fortnite and Apex without a doubt have quite big teams with the sole purpose of supporting the game behind them Blackout isn't gonna have this because of this
  2. It's CoD, we get a new game every single year and Activision isn't gonna change that when it comes to BR. Why invest manpower and money into Blackout when you want people to go out and buy the new game later this year?

COD is still selling like pancakes, but at the same time they must be looking at how much money games like Fortnite, PUBG, LoL, etc. are generating without releasing new games from time to time. And they are already saying a massive player dispersion as there's tons of players stuck on BO2 (still in the Xbox One top 50), many are on BO3 (it's also on the top 50 on Xbox), a lot are now on BO4, some still on WW2, IW, etc.. There's even people on the MW Remaster, and next year there'll be more again. BR games require a different kind of population, and they should consider unifying their games, even if they sell extra content every 12 months.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I really think they need to start think about not releasing a new game annually. I'm honestly kind of sick of it. I guess it's nice for people who don't enjoy the current iteration of CoD as they have a new one to look forward to, but for me, I am fine playing an old game as long it's updated.

I guess they need to figure out whether they want that surge of fincial growth when a CoD drops, or a more spread out with spikes of growth from battle passes and updates.

I would prefer they change to what the industry is trending more towards.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it for some years now, they need to put all the teams together and work on a unified 'Call of Duty' title and experience. I mean imagine the game you would get if Sledgehammer/Infinity Ward/Treyarch worked together on a super Call of Duty title.

Support it for a long time like R6:Siege/Overwatch/Fortnite.

Stop milking the fan base will bullshit nickle and dime crap, make what you buy carry over through the years as the game evolves, they will make a lot more money that way and the community will not be as toxic.

They also need to take ownership of the fact each title launch is bollocks, like Black Ops 4, they had a kick ass combat record in 1 at release, and yet here we are 4 months later with nothing, there is zero reason why these features are not in at launch, the three year dev cycle was supposed to be good for the franchise, but it's made the games worse.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it for some years now, they need to put all the teams together and work on a unified 'Call of Duty' title and experience. I mean imagine the game you would get if Sledgehammer/Infinity Ward/Treyarch worked together on a super Call of Duty title.

Stop milking the fan base will bullshit nickle and dime crap, make what you buy carry over through the years as the game evolves, they will make a lot more money that way and the community will not be as toxic.

They also need to take ownership of the fact each title launch is bollocks, like Black Ops 4, they had a kick ass combat record in 1 at release, and yet here we are 4 months later with nothing, there is zero reason why these features are not in at launch, the three year dev cycle was supposed to be good for the franchise, but it's made the games worse.

Yeah, the various teams should work on different aspects of the game imho, reorganize them. Have some work on the gunplay, another on maps, a third one on the technical aspects, etc. etc.. They can keep on selling content on a yearly basis by throwing bigger expansion packs or something, like they could release the "MW4 package" next year with 12 new multiplayer maps, a new MW-based map for Blackout, new weapons, etc. etc.. Cutting up the userbase between multiple games is counterproductive when the older games are far harder to monetize and don't get updated as much anymore, and yet, that is what happens, with currently 3 different Black Ops games on the top 50 on Xbox One for example, and it was even worse the year IW released with the MW Remaster, as we suddenly had people divided between 3 CODs that were being updated still, and others that weren't anymore but are still active. They are swimming in money but BO4 brought less than expected, WWII launched good but failed to keep up, IW was a half flop... they can't wait Treyarch to fix the course every 3 years, as is they barely finished their game on time. Someone must be looking at Acti at successes like Fortnite and realize that COD has a lot of untapped player retention potential, and that splitting the userbase with different games and DLCs is not compatible with today's gaming standards anymore when they can gain money (more money, arguably) by spamming cosmetics.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Nuketown's back right after I got my diamond LMG camos... Hardpoint nuketown is easily the most fun mode/map combo to use an LMG on. I'm usually a very aggressive player but I camped those second story floors so hard I melded into the floor boards.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
One thing I will definitely agree with when it comes to how Treyarch supports Blackout is that the lack of adding stuff already present in MP and Zombies is extremely disappointing. Why isn't the EMP grenade in Blackout? Don't see how it would give any balancing problems whatsoever and it could be a great piece of equipment, just being able to shut down a vehicle driving past you by quickly chucking an EMP grenade under it would be great. Or what about new characters, all characters currently available in Blackout except for Zero and Reaper (Black Ops Pass exclusive) were in the game Day 1. Why are the characters from Dead of the Night not playable in Blackout? Why have we yet to see the addition of characters from previous games to the game? We're almost 4 months in and only 2 new characters?! The fuck Treyarch.
Or just how about bringing over some other equipment from MP to Blackout. Take Crash's TAK5 for example (the piece of equipment which heals all teammates up to 200 health immediately upon use), why not add that as something you can get from a Supply Drop? Make it a 1 time use and put a range limit on it so you can't heal someone across the map and you've got yourself a great piece of equipment which can totally change a battle between 2 teams. Same goes for Zero's Icepick, just having a piece of equipment which could destroy all enemy mines, sensor darts, trophy systems etc. within a certain range would be great.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. I don't want to see Crash's skill as an item in blackout. 200 health in less than a second and your entire team to boot? Lol
Nor do I want to see Zer's ice pick. It's going to ruin any fun at all during the end game when the final circle is shrinking.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Nuketown's back right after I got my diamond LMG camos... Hardpoint nuketown is easily the most fun mode/map combo to use an LMG on. I'm usually a very aggressive player but I camped those second story floors so hard I melded into the floor boards.
Is Nuketown 24/7 back?

I already have a title for it.

COD: Legacy.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, 2 playlists: Hardcore and Mercenary

unfortunately both nuketown playlists seem to be hardcore only, its way too easy to team shot in nuketown so I don't really find it fun at all. Normally I like HC mode but I wish they would use richochet mode (if you hit a teammate it damages YOU) for nuketown at least.

if APEX implemented solo queue mode I'd play that probably all the time and drop call of duty. Until then I play a few games of blackout, I just don't like squadding up most of the time and feel a lot less stress/pressure playing solo.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
unfortunately both nuketown playlists seem to be hardcore only, its way too easy to team shot in nuketown so I don't really find it fun at all. Normally I like HC mode but I wish they would use richochet mode (if you hit a teammate it damages YOU) for nuketown at least.

if APEX implemented solo queue mode I'd play that probably all the time and drop call of duty. Until then I play a few games of blackout, I just don't like squadding up most of the time and feel a lot less stress/pressure playing solo.
The Mercenary playlist is Mercenary Hardcore? Damn that sucks

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't feel like I have gotten team killed more often in Nuketown than in another map. And I always run Team Link in HC to prevent myself from shooting team members. But your mileage may vary of course.

I do still think the game should show team members on the minimap even in HC. Friendly fire on with no way to tell, without Team Link, where your team members are, in a mode where just 1 bullet kills, combined with the general breakneck pace of MP? A bit much in my opinion.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if they tweaked things in the afternoon or if I just got it wrong but MP now has mercenary nuketown moshpit normal (KC,TDM,Hardpoint,Dom) as the featured playlist and seperate nuketown HC mode. So 24x7 nuketown for a week, no 2x xp bonuses though.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone on console using Bumper Jumper layout? Been thinking of making the switch. I feel like if I lose a gunfight it's usually to someone jumping and dodging.

I used to use it until I got an Elite controller and just mapped jump to one of the paddles. Bumper Jumper became my jam with Titanfall, where aiming while jumping up to wall run was crucial.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I used to use it until I got an Elite controller and just mapped jump to one of the paddles. Bumper Jumper became my jam with Titanfall, where aiming while jumping up to wall run was crucial.

The elite controller is great. Is there an equivalent for playstation? I'd get that in a heartbeat, the paddles are a godsend. For Gears of War I mapped the cover system to LB, and weapon switching to the paddles. I could aim, shoot, reload, and switch weapons without sacrificing my wall bouncing.

I did a knife only game yesterday to take a break from getting RK7 headshots (ugh). Got first place, 30+ kills including two fury kills. I used to own the knife only servers in Battlefield 2142 so this camo is shaping up to be real easy and super fun. Gotta level up to 35 to finish getting gold on the strife, 25 more headshots on the RK7 and ~50 on the SG12. We're almost there folks.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The elite controller is great. Is there an equivalent for playstation? I'd get that in a heartbeat, the paddles are a godsend. For Gears of War I mapped the cover system to LB, and weapon switching to the paddles. I could aim, shoot, reload, and switch weapons without sacrificing my wall bouncing.

I did a knife only game yesterday to take a break from getting RK7 headshots (ugh). Got first place, 30+ kills including two fury kills. I used to own the knife only servers in Battlefield 2142 so this camo is shaping up to be real easy and super fun. Gotta level up to 35 to finish getting gold on the strife, 25 more headshots on the RK7 and ~50 on the SG12. We're almost there folks.

Just buy a SCUF controller on the PS4.

Or get a cronus max and use your Elite controller on the PS4.

Braver man than me, I started off for DM and gave up, just couldn't stomach the game lol

Been meaning to give Blackout more of a try.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should cut the seasons in half and reduce the Contraband stream to 50.

80 (70?) days is simply too long.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should cut the seasons in half and reduce the Contraband stream to 50.

80 (70?) days is simply too long.

And while they're at it, they could take out like half of the trash sprays and emotes. I prestiged a couple times, played plenty of Blackout and a decent amount of Zombies and I barely ever encountered someone using emotes or sprays, bar the lobby and the endgame in Blackout.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Just buy a SCUF controller on the PS4.

Or get a cronus max and use your Elite controller on the PS4.

Braver man than me, I started off for DM and gave up, just couldn't stomach the game lol

Been meaning to give Blackout more of a try.

Hmm I'll take a look at some of those. I usually try to go with the official stuff because I've had bad luck in the past but maybe things have changed.

Deleted member 34132

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Hmm I'll take a look at some of those. I usually try to go with the official stuff because I've had bad luck in the past but maybe things have changed.

I got a strike pack for the dualshock. It's the cheapest you can get a controller with paddles. They have a bad reputation because you can use them to cheat... like you can mod them that you hold the R1 button but it simulates that you shoot in bursts... I only use it for the paddles and it's about 40 - 50 $/€. Feels a bit cheap, but I got mine for nearly a year and nothing is broken yet and you can also change the assigned buttons on the fly and don't have to assign them through a menu.

Last edited:

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017

If I had an Elite controller that I wanted to use with my PS4, I'd use a Brook adapter.

Sony seems content to let third-parties produce pro controllers instead of producing their own. Don't get a Scuf; their quality control is worse than Razer's. Astro/Logitech will be coming out with a pro controller in the next few months. Then there are companies that modify stock controllers, like AimControllers, Cinch, and Battle Beaver. I use a Battle Beaver controller with 2 rear buttons and their Smart Triggers, which turn the triggers into mouse buttons.

Are the party indicators in MP lobbies broken for anyone else? For example, there's a party of 4 in a lobby, but you see them as 2 groups of 2. Also when you try to click on someone else's profile in a lobby, it automatically defaults to your own profile. This started with the latest update. Who knows when these bugs will get fixed because lol MP is absolutely not a priority at Treyarch

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Zero's voice has bugged me since release because it was so familiar but I couldn't place it.
Finally found out its Artemis' from Young Justice actress.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get too crazy modifying it. I just want some paddles. I think it would be good for Apex Legends too because they put too much on the D-pad. Last night I got the RK-7 to 100 headshots, almost done with this damn gun. The strife and mozu were just so much fun compared to it, even in hardcore it gets hitmarkers...

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I got a strike pack for the dualshock. It's the cheapest you can get a controller with paddles. They have a bad reputation because you can use them to cheat... like you can mod them that you hold the R1 button but it simulates that you shoot in bursts... I only use it for the paddles and it's about 40 - 50 $/€. Feels a bit cheap, but I got mine for nearly a year and nothing is broken yet and you can also change the assigned buttons on the fly and don't have to assign them through a menu.

I went with this, only 40 bucks and it seems like fun to try. Same price as a lot of the adapters and stuff. Thanks for the tip, everyone else as well!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Some people on Reddit have noticed these surveying stakes appearing at some point on the map, hints at changes for the upcoming season?
t6vd78wxc7f21.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/ao7vi6/what_are_these_surveying_stakes_found_in_various/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/ao50x9/yellow_ribbon_post_near_fracking/

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Really excited for the upcoming season, Likely to see big changes to MP game balance and Blackout landscape.

Oct 25, 2017
Updates to this game have been lacking and everything keeps getting delayed. A "weapon balance patch" was teased for this week but now it's "later this month". League play was supposed to appear at the end of January, still missing. And the new map DLC is just gonna include two maps again, which is a far slower pace for DLC maps than previous years.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yah somethings going on behind the scenes with this game, I expect it to be resolved for season 3. I expect League play + major MP and Blackout changes, I can even see them making Blackout a standalone title later this year.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Noticed those as well. From a distance some of them look like spray cans, hence why I ran into some of them.

I didn't know they were new additions, though. Seems like there are quite a few of them, too. Maybe buildings will be added or moved around where they are placed.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopped on the multiplayer real quick last night inbetween a few Apex Legends rounds. Wasn't playing that well as I was readjusting from the other game, but I had one of the most bonkers finales ever. I recorded the last minute and a half or so of the match and the play of the game by me. It seemed a fairly easy win, at one point we were 68-56, and yet the score got closer and closer. Keep looking at the score, too. Tension was rising. Then... well, see for yourself.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Only two more guns for Dark Matter, the SG12 and Knife. Luckily both are super fun to use. I have a bunch of knife kills to get but less than 25 headshots to go on the SG12. Once i hit the technical camos it's a breeze. After I get this I'm probably gonna switch to Apex Legends for a bit. I've dabbled but I need a changeup lol.

The RK7 nearly killed me...some rounds would be nice and then others would just be god awful. It takes two bursts for a headshot in core.

I had a game of core TDM with the strife where I had 5 less kills than the entire enemy team. They were at ~45 and I was around 40. Too much fun.