• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
You know, it's getting really damn annoying to have to turn off HDR every single time I because of how awful the implementation is. Everything is washed out. Treyarch is never going to fix it but man, it's gotten on my nerves.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's getting really damn annoying to have to turn off HDR every single time I because of how awful the implementation is. Everything is washed out. Treyarch is never going to fix it but man, it's gotten on my nerves.
I finally adjusted my tv perfectly for HDR in Black Ops and then they added Hacienda Twilight, even with the brightness in Black Ops set to 100% that map is pure black outside of the fire, glowsticks and skybox.

I have to turn HDR off every time the map comes up.
Have to keep it on sometimes otherwise Blackout looks completely washed out.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna get back into this, but why the fuck is this 136 gigs?

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite is coming home from work after working a 10+ hour day and having to download it, install it and then have my PS4 copy it for over an hour. And then losing my chance to play for another week or so. Good times.

(I forget to put my PS4 in rest mode all the time cause I normally don't even pay attention to when a patch is dropping).

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite is coming home from work after working a 10+ hour day and having to download it, install it and then have my PS4 copy it for over an hour. And then losing my chance to play for another week or so. Good times.

(I forget to put my PS4 in rest mode all the time cause I normally don't even pay attention to when a patch is dropping).

It may or may not help because of the weird download size thing. Battlefield will install in rest mode while CoD just waits for....something.

Are the new weapons coming to normal Blackout now? We just play Quads/Duos and there's a lot of new guns not in the mode? On related note, do I even want those guns in the mode?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
All the new weapons are locked behind reserves. The tier stream gives you a MasterCraft Koshka at Tier 20 and an Ultra Weapon Bribe at Tier 40.

Fucking hell, it gets worse every time.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Who wants to bet that the Argus will be the best shotgun in the game? The best SMG in the game is DLC (although it was actually unlockable via the Contraband Stream) and arguably the best AR (Peacekeepers) is DLC as well.
Also, still no sign of Alpha Omega in Europe so that's fun.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Also so we had 200 tiers that was then shrunk down to 100 tiers (good call)... that was then shrunk down to two shorter seasons of 50 tiers now down to 40 tiers... Do we have less this season then before? When we had 100 it felt like we had ample time, but with the shorter season you need to play way more.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Also so we had 200 tiers that was then shrunk down to 100 tiers (good call)... that was then shrunk down to two shorter seasons of 50 tiers now down to 40 tiers... Do we have less this season then before? When we had 100 it felt like we had ample time, but with the shorter season you need to play way more.
You don't need to play more. When it was 100 tiers we had 70 days, when we had 50 tiers it was 35 days and with 40 tiers it's 28 days. It's always 1 week for 10 tiers.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Who wants to bet that the Argus will be the best shotgun in the game? The best SMG in the game is DLC (although it was actually unlockable via the Contraband Stream) and arguably the best AR (Peacekeepers) is DLC as well.

This is one of those "under the radar" type moves I have seen other games notably R6S pull. Like when Congress/Senate takes up this Loot Box thing they will never know the intricacies that go into this planning of buffing DLC, then nerfing it after they have achieved max penetration on DLC/In Game Currency purchases, etc..

I fell off Siege around the 4K patch update, but they notoriously would make the newest DLC operators OP AF! Then closer to the next upcoming batch of DLC characters "would listen to the communities concern", and nerf Capitao and take away his frags, or reduce Valkerie's cameras, and so on.

The above is no different then making the Peacekeeper OP AF and make us gamers thirsty for it so that we can have the best equipment on the battlefield. It's is a very skeezy move by multiple developers that seems to go unnoticed by many players and media who cover said games.

They all figured out after the BF2 debacle to hold back all DLC purchases/in game currrency until a month + after release to avoid all bad press and word of mouth, and to ensure they got the bulk of their $ before the pillage of our wallets takes place. If they were doing this at launch it would be BF2 2.0 and then some! But instead everyone has moved on and it isn't a "big deal".

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Treyarch just keeps going with these damn stickers and calling cards taking half of the reserve streams despite people complaining about it since Operation 1.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those "under the radar" type moves I have seen other games notably R6S pull. Like when Congress/Senate takes up this Loot Box thing they will never know the intricacies that go into this planning of buffing DLC, then nerfing it after they have achieved max penetration on DLC/In Game Currency purchases, etc..

I fell off Siege around the 4K patch update, but they notoriously would make the newest DLC operators OP AF! Then closer to the next upcoming batch of DLC characters "would listen to the communities concern", and nerf Capitao and take away his frags, or reduce Valkerie's cameras, and so on.

The above is no different then making the Peacekeeper OP AF and make us gamers thirsty for it so that we can have the best equipment on the battlefield. It's is a very skeezy move by multiple developers that seems to go unnoticed by many players and media who cover said games.

They all figured out after the BF2 debacle to hold back all DLC purchases/in game currrency until a month + after release to avoid all bad press and word of mouth, and to ensure they got the bulk of their $ before the pillage of our wallets takes place. If they were doing this at launch it would be BF2 2.0 and then some! But instead everyone has moved on and it isn't a "big deal".
Siege is justified over this shit:

-Siege has free maps
-Siege allows a fair way to unlock characters
-Siege is a team based game where every character has a decent counter. Blackbeard and Ela are exceptions, but doesn't hurt the overall design

COD is a straight up cash grab. Paid maps. DLC weapons locked behind timed grinds. Awful balance. It's unreal how no one calls this game out.

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017

-Siege has free maps
-Siege is a team based game where every character has a decent counter. Blackbeard and Ela are exceptions, but doesn't hurt the overall design

COD is a straight up cash grab. Paid maps. DLC weapons locked behind timed grinds. Awful balance. It's unreal how no one calls this game out.

I plan on calling them out by not giving them my money in November....

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Also, still no sign of Alpha Omega in Europe so that's fun.
You don't even need those examples. The Stingray alone proves the devs have no problem making the reserve weapons OP af.

Also it's already confirmed the m16 will have high caliber II, which means it's probably a one burst kill.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

-Siege has free maps

I think you are misinterpreting my point? "New" Siege DLC characters are way OP like Blackbeard and Valkyrie during their launch cycle. The realistic only way to get those OP characters while they are OP is to buy Season Pass or R6S credits with real $. After 4-6 weeks when non $ spenders have been able to unlock those characters for free, magically the devs figure out hey giving Valkyrie 4 cameras and hand grenades and Blackbeard's shield being virtually unbreakable for the past 6 weeks "was a bit much" we are going to neuter the eff out of these characters.

I spent $100.00 on Siege at launch + 15.00 skin pack. Because I didn't buy any more season passes and stopped playing consistently around late season 2 or 3 I probably need to spend $60.00 to unlock all the other characters I missed or sink 100's of more hours to get them for free. If I bought the other 3 season passes I am over $200.00 at this point. Siege absolutely uses similar tactics like COD, they just are better at disguising their intent and aren't so in your face with it.

The devs aren't stupid and they know what they are doing to get us to spend extra $. COD is doing exact same shit with making "new" loot box earned weapons be OP, "for now" until 2 months from now when everyone has unlocked a Peacekeeper and the make it generic like the ICR.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Looks like we might already have our first Zombies DLC4 teaser. In the new MP map Remnant (a museum with various Zombies exhibits) this Giant Sloth can be found in the Bus From The Beyond section

Oct 25, 2017
The devs aren't stupid and they know what they are doing to get us to spend extra $. COD is doing exact same shit with making "new" loot box earned weapons be OP, "for now" until 2 months from now when everyone has unlocked a Peacekeeper and the make it generic like the ICR.
No Treyarch actually is pretty stupid when it comes to Black Ops 4 MTX.
I probably spent $300 on Black Ops 3 in addition to getting all the maps and buying the game.

There is stuff for Black Ops 4 that i'd gladly spend money on trying to get.(hell David Mason or Karma from Black Ops 2 i'd buy straight up for $25 each)
however with 4 im not putting any money into the loot boxes because its straight theft.
the duplicate bullshit in this game is complete theft, you can literally spend that $300 and get only $100 in items.

at least in Black Ops 3 duplicates gave supply drop currency, and in WW2 & MWR you got currency to directly purchase exactly what you want.

this system is so bad it alone will probably stop me from buying and getting excited for Black Ops 5, probably just stick to Modern Warfare an extra year.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
No Treyarch actually is pretty stupid when it comes to Black Ops 4 MTX.
I probably spent $300 on Black Ops 3 in addition to getting all the maps and buying the game.

There is stuff for Black Ops 4 that i'd gladly spend money on trying to get.(hell David Mason or Karma from Black Ops 2 i'd buy straight up for $25 each)
however with 4 im not putting any money into the loot boxes because its straight theft.
the duplicate bullshit in this game is complete theft, you can literally spend that $300 and get only $100 in items.

at least in Black Ops 3 duplicates gave supply drop currency, and in WW2 & MWR you got currency to directly purchase exactly what you want.

this system is so bad it alone will probably stop me from buying and getting excited for Black Ops 5, probably just stick to Modern Warfare an extra year.
Bold of you to assume Activision won't do the same thing for mw

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah people are kidding themselves if they think mtx are going to be better in MW. If anything, it's probably going to be much worse, because of all the stuff they are adding for "free."

Oct 25, 2017
Bold of you to assume Activision won't do the same thing for mw
I am assuming Modern Warfare plays good at the very least.

I don't typically mind DLC guns (besides the stingray being the most OP ever)
and characters for MP/BR it will be hard to tempt me the level of David Mason, unless they go absolutely crazy with those otherwise I will be mostly satisfied with the War Pig character.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Alpha Omega has been completed
The Avogadro, who turns out to be Pernell, is transported to TranZit and the characters take the Elemental Shard. The cutscene then triggers with Maxis in the basement of the house, warning Primis and Ultimis that Dr. Monty knows. Monty comes down the stairs, turns into his Keeper form and kills Maxis in brutal manner, but not before Maxis can teleport Samantha and Eddie to Nuketown. While Eddie seems to be cool Samantha is pissed as ever, telling Eddie they'll fight the Great War and that she'll burn down everything. Agartha, the Aether, the Infinite, everything.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You're part of the problem haha
I was fine with the systems on their own mostly,
but then we got a garbage game for the most part that lacked the promised content to make up for the campaign.
A battlepass system hyped as free but 50%-90% the absolute lowest effort stuff nobody has wanted since day 1(tags, stickers, cards. Not even a good artsyle just looks ugly and out of place)
a season pass of garbage and bad maps besides remakes(no thought put in at all, Reaper for example)
2 "FREE!!" variants into the worst maps in the franchise
a much requested character initially set to be free via challenge removed from the game and returned via loot boxes.
Loot boxes that allow 3 duplicates to 1 new that can completely steal your money , no rarity gage. and garbage pieces parted out so they are 90% of the loot.
To top it off the most overpowered and unbalanced weapons in franchise history exclusively in lootboxes, even worse Treyarch are assholes to the very people that could help them fix them.

People blame Activision but Black Ops 3 had a bad system,
Infinite Warfare, Modern Warfare Remastered and World War II all then had better systems even 2 years later.
Black Ops 4 hits and has an even worse system than 3, this is on Treyarch as well.

Honestly as bad as Black Ops 3's campaign and mtx were they were still kings of multiplayer shooters,
after Black Ops 4's MP they are bottom CoD developer for me, far below Raven and Sledgehammer.

The game eating my reserves today on top off another terrible loot stream (where almost all the advertised stuff is in reserves or direct pay except garbage)
has completely broken me.

There's a freaking 4th of July emote that was cut and dropped into this operation randomly,
wtf Treyarch.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one to gloat but I'm so glad I binned this game at Christmas and didn't buy the season pass, it looks like the game has descended through the nine circles of hell!

I'm another one who is now very very cautious about what will happen with MW to the point that I am contemplating not buying it day one.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh Jesus Christ,
The new Reaper skin in Blackout doesn't have footstep noise...

Edit: think im done with Blackout till this zombie crap is over,
people aren't doing anything all game now in the darkness.
I've seen 50+ people alive near the final collapse on solo.
Alcatraz lost it's fast pace until the last collapse...

Last edited:

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Yeah people are kidding themselves if they think mtx are going to be better in MW. If anything, it's probably going to be much worse, because of all the stuff they are adding for "free."

Great point in regards to no more Map DLC = MORE MTX. Also the worst thing to happen imo for COD players is the Bungie split. Activision has shareholders to answer to and needs to show at minimum equal revenue from the prior year. COD MUST carry that burden to a much, much, much more larger degree than ever! So if you aren't monetizing a season pass/map pack revenue any longer where does that money come from??????

Unfortunately we all know that answer

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great point in regards to no more Map DLC = MORE MTX. Also the worst thing to happen imo for COD players is the Bungie split. Activision has shareholders to answer to and needs to show at minimum equal revenue from the prior year. COD MUST carry that burden to a much, much, much more larger degree than ever! So if you aren't monetizing a season pass/map pack revenue any longer where does that money come from??????

Unfortunately we all know that answer

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves. Free maps on MW will mean the community won't be split as much as before, especially with crossplay (although there's still the PS4 getting stuff a week earlier which will mean there's gonna be a full week of fuckery every time), but they'll have to be hitting the same numbers so it's guaranteed they have plans to make up for the lost revenue elsewhere. My prediction is that they're going to "improve" the BO4 system by making the actual pass paid to begin with (like in Fortnite, PUBG, Apex, etc.), doubling down on the weapons being behind lootboxes or pass tiers, and increasing the grind requires to finish each season. I'm also "optimistic" and think that they will find a brand new never seen before way to monetize the game, as nearly all COD games brought something never seen before in the genre. Maybe a Destiny-esque system in which guns have randomized stats so you're pushed towards spending more to get the same gun multiple times, each time hopefully better than the last? Tune in to find out!

I'll still be there playing most certainly, but the monetization in these games is absurd.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
played a few games of blackout yesterday, I do like the weirdness now it feels a bit different and I can't see SHIT past 20 yards most of the time. Makes the game definitely feel different.

However I just don't know if I have it in me to even bother trying to finish all the tiers this event. I barely squeaked by last time and it took a weekend of playing 3-4 hours every day which felt exhausting. At a certain point I just AFK'd in MP and prop hunt, and even then the tier gains per day craaawled. Probably faster just to drop in blackout and run to the middle and afk.

The funny thing is I haven't opened a single reserves case, I have like 90 now plus a few bribes and i think one or two ultra bribes. Just no real interest in that stuff. I play blackout solo and don't find guns really make that much of a difference, my trusty ICR/KN/vapr is just fine and either I get the drop on someone and kill them or they kill me, its rare where its a "fair fight" by any means.

I'm sorta just debating giving up on the game, it feels like a chore more than any real fun now. Meanwhile I still play daily WW2 and enjoy that a LOT more, it feels far more rewarding playing a few games due to its infinitely superior contracts and rewards.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This twilight hacienda might be the dumbest shit ever. Everybody running around with their heads cut off in dark hallways. Fun.

Oct 25, 2017
This twilight hacienda might be the dumbest shit ever. Everybody running around with their heads cut off in dark hallways. Fun.
I don't know what is up with Treyarch's kickfor maps you can't see shit on in Black Ops 4.
Firing Range Night
Arsenal Sandstorm
Hacienda Twilight

that new night map
Blackout being dark now
Blackout Quads Fog
Alcatraz being night

Nobody wants this.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what is up with Treyarch's kickfor maps you can't see shit on in Black Ops 4.
Firing Range Night
Arsenal Sandstorm
Hacienda Twilight

that new night map
Blackout being dark now
Blackout Quads Fog
Alcatraz being night

Nobody wants this.
Don't do the "nobody wants this" thing. Folks were asking on the forums and subreddit for night maps, and they got them. I quite like Hacienda Twilight and Firing Range Night.