• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Night maps would be fine if you could actually see what you were shooting at. I don't find chaos and confusion fun at all. Maybe they should've gave you the MW1 NVGs but I guess they're saving that for the reboot. Lol.

The sandstorm on Arsenal is silly as hell too.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I don't know what is up with Treyarch's kickfor maps you can't see shit on in Black Ops 4.
Firing Range Night
Arsenal Sandstorm
Hacienda Twilight

that new night map
Blackout being dark now
Blackout Quads Fog
Alcatraz being night

Nobody wants this.

Coming next week....for 2000 COD points you can get thermal goggles to equip to any Black Out Character!

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't got any of the DLC guns but based off this thread and Reddit I'm guessing they're the new hot shit. Staying faithful to the Hades.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
If they had a good lighting system then night maps and dark areas would be fun but they don't really have any tools or equipment to facilitate night combat. Maybe get rid of sensor darts and auto-turrets and add NVG and thermal scopes. That way EMPing someone is actually useful and then there can be perks to counter them too. What a novel concept! Nonlethal equipment with counters. What will we come up with next?!

Nvm just keep the UAV that last 5 minutes and by the time you know you're on one it's too late.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
15 hours ago Vonderhaar announced that they were disabling Reaper in Blackout ASAP due to his no footsteps sounds bug. I just had a Reaper sneak up all the way into my ass without making a sound.....

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Great point in regards to no more Map DLC = MORE MTX. Also the worst thing to happen imo for COD players is the Bungie split. Activision has shareholders to answer to and needs to show at minimum equal revenue from the prior year. COD MUST carry that burden to a much, much, much more larger degree than ever! So if you aren't monetizing a season pass/map pack revenue any longer where does that money come from??????

Unfortunately we all know that answer
Well according to the leaks they are thinking of replacing loot boxes with a currency system due to fear of future legislation. I imagine it would be like GTA Online where you can either grind a shit ton or use real money to buy the in-game currency.

Of course the grind will be minimal at launch so there's no controversy and reviewers don't dock points.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the EE for Alpha Omega. It's a really fun map, and I love the art direction for it. Rushmore's dialogue throughout the whole main quest is hilariously campy nationalism, with him punctuating just about every one of his lines with propagandized rhetoric, like shouting "MANIFEST DESTINY!" after talking about retrieving a particular item that has been stolen by an intruder on the base.

He's basically the CoD Zombies equivalent of Liberty Prime, satirizing American nationalism and imperialism with incredibly amusing quips.

Bonus points for him going into a brief tract about your next objective involving collecting a bunch of random objects, including George Washington's dentures, before experiencing a power surge and having the objective immediately change to the much simpler "please replace my batteries". He's easily my favorite part of the map, and the fact that he communicates your objectives clearly and concisely (without the next steps being extremely obvious) makes it all the sweeter.

If it weren't for Rushmore, the sheer fanservice of having Ultimis and Primis interact would definitely make up for it. Play this map with subtitles on, so you don't miss all their back-and-forth exchanges.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Pre-order Modern Warfare digitally and you get Classic Captain Price for use in Blackout

Voiced by Billy Murray it sounds like, modeled after his appearance in CoD4/MW2/MW3

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-order Modern Warfare digitally and you get Classic Captain Price for use in Blackout

Voiced by Billy Murray it sounds like, modeled after his appearance in CoD4/MW2/MW3

This seems weird to add him if Modern Warfare is getting its own BR mode.
I still haven't got any of the DLC guns but based off this thread and Reddit I'm guessing they're the new hot shit. Staying faithful to the Hades.

Most of them are better versions of the standard weapons. The Peacekeeper has a high ROF but there's little to no recoil on it, it gets even more ridiculous with Rapid Fire.

Ballistic Knife can be modded to dual wield and even be able to add 4 blades to each one for 8 shots. The Stingray has an OP mod that fire explosive bullets and can be a one hit kill. Any sort of balance that was in the game has been fucked hard when they added these guns plus the Daemon and Rampage.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Does it seem like they stealth nerfed contraband Xp? I swear I've played almost 3 1/2 hours and am only a quarter into level 4 and two of those levels are skips.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Activision don't care if it will get people to jump on preorders.
I'd have been more interested if it was Reyes, Salter, Soap, Gaz, Ramirez, Ghost or Sandman.
Yeah, they'll do whatever they can to get more sales and money. Another concern why I'm not trusting any pre-release media for Modern Warfare since it'll probably be just as bad as Black Ops 4 in monetization after a few months.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
There was six people left. I was fully loaded and had like 7 kills. Jumped off the tower in factory and my wingsuit didn't deploy.....god dammit that was an easy W.

On a side note these black scopes are really hard to see with the map changes. Off all the MTX they never gave us the ability to customize sights in blackout except you get different ones when you switch between variants. I find the default Koshka and Paladin very difficult to see now, especially at a glance while the Outlaw's is really nice.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I wanted to play a couple of rounds of TDM after a very long time and at midnight on Saturday which is normally the best time to get FPS action going I can't find any games on PC, even TDM is dead. On PC it will take a second to find a game in Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield 3 and 4 have a lot of full servers and a game which is not even a year old is totally dead not surprised really this is the final time I'm buying a Treyarch game they're the worst CoD developer right now and it's a damn shame that Raven's game got butchered and will get replaced with yet another Treyarch failure.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get why they don't add more stuff to the ocean area of Blackout,
Hijacked being parked at Nuketown honestly just compacted that area.

They could add Alcatraz,
latest

latest

or even
latest

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
More Alpha Omega thoughts:
  • Jolting Jacks are some annoying motherfuckers, but at least they're weak
  • The new Nova Crawlers are among the worst additions to Zombies in ages, turning the once-uncommon Water Catalyst into a common zombie type that's hard to hit and spawns in huge numbers in every wave, turning all nearby zombies into bullet sponges
  • Ammo economy in this map is straight-up garbage thanks to Nova Crawlers and a lack of dog rounds, meaning you'll hit a point where you simply won't have ammo if you're not using wallbuys and the Ray Gun Mark II-V
  • Speaking of a lack of ammo, the Ray Gun Mark II-X burns through ammo like it's nobody's business, has piss-poor damage, kicks like a mule, and has ridiculously wide spread for akimbo weaponry, making it easily the worst of the four (which is a shame, since it should be the most fun)
  • Getting a Max Ammo while Ray Gun Mark IIs are on the locker doesn't restore their ammunition, effectively making rotating them out based on what you want at the time a poor strategy, as you will consistently burn through their ammo stocks quickly
  • The Ray Gun Mark II-V stands alone with its infinite ammo reserves, stunlocking of zombies adjacent to your target, and generous damage in high rounds, making it undoubtedly the best Wonder Weapon in Black Ops 4
  • Not a nitpick, just something I wanted to comment on: this Easter Egg is so much easier than I ever expected it to be, given how difficult BotD and VoD were (IX, DotN, and AE aren't obnoxious, but they are challenging)
  • None of the issues I have with this map pertain to how it's a familiar layout (if anything, I like that it's returning to an old location and expanding it significantly)

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't get why they don't add more stuff to the ocean area of Blackout,
Hijacked being parked at Nuketown honestly just compacted that area.

They could add Alcatraz,
latest

latest

or even
latest
Seeing how Apocalypse Z doesn't have any new locations at all, I'm assuming Treyarch simply doesn't have the manpower. What's going on with BO4 right now is probably just a skeleton crew of people making skins, weapons etc. and a few map designers finishing the remaining DLC maps, along with a few people fixing any game breaking bugs. No doubt that 90% of the studio is on CoD2020.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing how Apocalypse Z doesn't have any new locations at all, I'm assuming Treyarch simply doesn't have the manpower. What's going on with BO4 right now is probably just a skeleton crew of people making skins, weapons etc. and a few map designers finishing the remaining DLC maps, along with a few people fixing any game breaking bugs. No doubt that 90% of the studio is on CoD2020.

It's unreal what Activision is extracting from this team. They had to dial down BO3 but imho it was still excellent (campaign was divisive but I enjoyed it), a huge package with tons of quality content all around. BO4 already had a toll on them, as they could not make a campaign in time and having to redo half the multiplayer really showed ultimately. Now they can't even have any sort of decent post-launch support because they've been asked to do a new game out of nowhere for NEXT YEAR, when they could barely work with one extra year. I would not want to be someone working there right now.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's unreal what Activision is extracting from this team. They had to dial down BO3 but imho it was still excellent (campaign was divisive but I enjoyed it), a huge package with tons of quality content all around. BO4 already had a toll on them, as they could not make a campaign in time and having to redo half the multiplayer really showed ultimately. Now they can't even have any sort of decent post-launch support because they've been asked to do a new game out of nowhere for NEXT YEAR, when they could barely work with one extra year. I would not want to be someone working there right now.
And Infinity Ward might be fucked as well because I'm sure Activision is gonna want something for October/November 2021.
At least Treyarch isn't alone though, they should have quite a bit of help from Raven and Sledgehammer.

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And Infinity Ward might be fucked as well because I'm sure Activision is gonna want something for October/November 2021.

Unless Sledgehammer's game is somehow salvaged for 2021? No idea what's gonna happen. Assassin's Creed got such a boost in public perception by giving their games another year and the last two titles are indeed some of the best the franchise has ever seen. Can't be said enough how much Call Of Duty could gain on the long-term by taking their time with the next game. I know shareholders want their money ASAP, but chances are they'd do pretty damn well if they sold a Modern Warfare Collection in, say, September then a Black Ops Collection in April. Wouldn't be enough to make up for the cash but it would be still a considerable income with games that a small team could put together fairly quickly.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Acti's iron hard adherence to yearly releases and non malleable release months will ultimately be what cripplws the franchise

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Acti's iron hard adherence to yearly releases and non malleable release months will ultimately be what cripplws the franchise
It's what happens when CoD is basically the only thing you have. Activision's portfolio is basically limited to Call of Duty, Crash, Spyro and maybe future publishing deals like the one they had with From for Sekiro. And with both Crash and Spyro we'll have to wait and see if the developers can also bring us good new entries into those franchises.
If Activision doesn't release CoD for a year, they'll probably release nothing.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
It's what happens when CoD is basically the only thing you have. Activision's portfolio is basically limited to Call of Duty, Crash, Spyro and maybe future publishing deals like the one they had with From for Sekiro. And with both Crash and Spyro we'll have to wait and see if the developers can also bring us good new entries into those franchises.
Maybe if blizzard would stop canceling projects every 2 years they'd be fine

Deleted member 2254

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They probably even dodged quite a bullet with Guitar Hero going to the shitter with a game every couple months, otherwise if that proved to be a profitable idea for a moment or two it's entirely possible they'd have forced their devs to make their games in like 12-18 months each so to have one ready every 4-6 months.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sledgehammer's game is somehow salvaged for 2021?
We have no idea what they're going to do with Sledgehammer once they're done helping Treyarch with CoD 2020. I heard there was a big exodus of devs from the studio, so maybe Activision ends up closing it?
Activision has Blizzard as well, and internally is demanding Blizzard put out a new game every year. Which is probably why Overwatch's big upcoming PvE expansion is being labeled Overwatch 2.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
We're seeing it happen in real time. Who knows what could come of giving these developers some extra time? I'm sure Modern Warfare would be able to support a second year of DLC, should they choose to leave 2020 to be a "recovery" year. But they want those sales, not franchise longevity.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
We're seeing it happen in real time. Who knows what could come of giving these developers some extra time? I'm sure Modern Warfare would be able to support a second year of DLC, should they choose to leave 2020 to be a "recovery" year. But they want those sales, not franchise longevity.
I'm not sure Infinity Ward can support a 2nd year of DLC, because at one point those devs will also have to be moved onto IW's next game.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New 4.7GB patch live on PS4 apparently, interesting because Apocalypse Z launched just a week ago. Guess it's nothing but bug fixes and balancing, but no patch notes yet.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they can take a year off. I think the shareholders would riot if there was a CoD-sized hole in the earnings report. It's a victim of it's own massive yearly success.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
so I received a captain price DLC code for BO4 but the link BB.ca provided isn't working. anyone have a proper link?

It's a code that supposed to be redeemed on the Activision site but I have no idea where to enter it.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I'm an idiot, if I pre-order the upcoming Modern Warfare on PSN I'll get that classic Price to play in Blackout now?

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Started playing again. That Blackout mode looks horrible in terms of textures. I can't wait for nextgen consoles so that these modes with long draw distances will look better.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I just heard about the rumor that CoD esports might be moving to PC. Thought I'd offer my thoughts.

It perfect sense honestly. There's a reason esport game scenes are always on PC. It has the largest pro pool and gives the game a larger global following. I have no doubt the CoD esport managers are looking at the massive success of Overwatch League and want to recreate that.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I just heard about the rumor that CoD esports might be moving to PC. Thought I'd offer my thoughts.

It perfect sense honestly. There's a reason esport game scenes are always on PC. It has the largest pro pool and gives the game a larger global following. I have no doubt the CoD esport managers are looking at the massive success of Overwatch League and want to recreate that.
Doesn't make sense to me at all for 2 reasons:
  1. Call of Duty is already an established Esport and has always been a console
  2. Call of Duty as a franchise might as well be considered dead on PC

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't make sense to me at all for 2 reasons:
  1. Call of Duty is already an established Esport and has always been a console
  2. Call of Duty as a franchise might as well be considered dead on PC
1) It's an established esports but with very, very low viewership numbers. The first year of Overwatch League had Twitch viewership numbers higher than any in CoD esports history. Always been on console doesn't mean much if the esports team wants to expand it's viewership.

2) Because the game has historically forgotten PC players. Black Ops 4 was a good first step. They gave more PC options than ever, brought on Blizzard to help development, and offered it on Blizz.net . I can see totally them doing the same with Modern Warfare. They are clearly making an effort to build back up the PC playerbase.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
1) It's an established esports but with very, very low viewership numbers. The first year of Overwatch League had Twitch viewership numbers higher than any in CoD esports history. Always been on console doesn't mean much if the esports team wants to expand it's viewership.

2) Because the game has historically forgotten PC players. Black Ops 4 was a good first step. They gave more PC options than ever, brought on Blizzard to help development, and offered it on Blizz.net . I can see totally them doing the same with Modern Warfare. They are clearly making an effort to build back up the PC playerbase.
Considering Activision completely neglects CoD Esports on multiple levels I'd say viewership is quite good, especially when the more popular teams such as OpTic and 100Thieves play in the final stages of a tournament. And the PC playerbase is so extremely low it could increase tenfold and it would still be small compared to console.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Activision completely neglects CoD Esports on multiple levels I'd say viewership is quite good, especially when the more popular teams such as OpTic and 100Thieves play in the final stages of a tournament. And the PC playerbase is so extremely low it could increase tenfold and it would still be small compared to console.
Low viewership is low viewership. It's nowhere near any of the other esports. Even Rainbow Six Siege esports has higher viewership numbers.