• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see whether MW will be the game that breaks the "Black Ops spell" for me, which is that despite I bought the chapter(s) after the Black Ops games respectively, I still ended up playing more of the older Black Ops game instead. Despite MW3 I was mostly on Black Ops 1 still, despite Ghosts and AW I played Black Ops 2 the most, despite IW and WW2 being fun I'd still more frequently go back to BO3. I burned out fairly quick on BO4 though I do go back to it every now and then. But what little we've seen of MW seems to be a fresh enough experience that might be able to sway me from the Black Ops games for a while, then again Treyarch just has such a satisfying movement, shooting TTK that other COD devs could not imitate for some reason. It just feels best on Black Ops games, so we'll see how this one goes.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the Alpha Omega easter egg, it was a lot of fun to do. Things aren't super cryptic and frustrating to do except for the Elemental Orb step. Boss Fight was much better to play than actually watch.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Double XP, weapon XP, Merits and Nuketown Playlist are live

Played a few hours of nuketown today and had fun. There is a lot of things wrong with call of duty, really an almost endless list, but I still enjoy dipping in and mindlessly shooting stuff for a while. It really bugs me that they won't put in a 24x7 nuketown map, I guess like 80% of the playerbase would gravitate towards it like people do shipment in WW2 but man its such a small, simple, easy map to play with your brain off.

I haven't played multiplayer in a while (all blackout for a few months now) but I looked around and geared up a switchblade and a KN-57, they seemed to be the weapons that most people were running around with. I'm not sure if it wasn't for 2X xp and 24x7 nuketown I'd play multiplayer though. Finally adding contracts to the modes is a nice little bonus, and it is pretty annoying that every year every COD launches without them and when they add them in six months later they act like they are doing us a huge favor.

I went ahead as well and pre ordered MW digitally, I know i'll enjoy the game warts and all.

Oct 25, 2017
Man I knew the stingray was reminding me of something, guess its a bit less silly now.

latest

800px-APS_underwater_rifle_REMOV.jpg

Its a futuristic/modern version of the Russian underwater rifle that was in Ghosts.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

For those who don't know who this is, this guy has correctly leaked a bunch of Call of Duty related stuff over the years, including for this year's Modern Warfare.
What I'm thinking though: Black Ops 4's microtransactions are already about as scummy as possible, how can it get even worse? The only thing I can think of is stat-changing weapon variants.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

For those who don't know who this is, this guy has correctly leaked a bunch of Call of Duty related stuff over the years, including for this year's Modern Warfare.
What I'm thinking though: Black Ops 4's microtransactions are already about as scummy as possible, how can it get even worse? The only thing I can think of is stat-changing weapon variants.
Directly purchase the new weapons? I remember hearing from a YouTuber that getting the cosmetic variant of a new weapon unlocks the weapon itself. So maybe they're gonna start selling weapon variant bundles as a sly way of selling the weapon itself?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say Black Ops 3 was good on PC. It started out rough but the customization in graphics settings, FOV options, and modding support really helped it. Some of the custom Zombies maps on it are phenomenal.

I'm not surprised, how long until they charge money for weapons.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They went too far because this is so far up the ass with the MTXs that they are actively pushing a lot of people away from the games. With Black Ops 2 I gladly bought the season pass, a couple extra slots for my loadouts and even some wacky skins, putting all in all probably close to 150 Euros into the game. But I felt that every single cent was worth it, because I didn't then have to grind my ass off to obtain that shit, and in fact I spent like a thousand hours in that game.

Black Ops 4 is ridiculous. You gotta log in every day and play a decent amount to make sure you're not losing out on decent content even if you already bought all DLCs, still having to pray for luck with lootboxes and shit because you may not even get the weapon you wanted in the first place. The constant pressure to grind, grind and grind actually pushed me away from the game, which is surprising because I was really enjoying the multiplayer and Blackout was the best BR for a while (until Apex, that is).

I can't know the numbers behind COD but I'd be willing to be they're shortsighted as fuck and they are losing out on more money by milking people than what they're gaining from the couple whales, because most communities and influencers are not liking these MTXs so the word of mouth's not where it needs to be at all.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Alright guys I'm having a problem with BO4. I'm playing on a PS4 pro. Everytime I try to play the game, it'll go to the connecting to online services loading screen then it freezes. I can let it sit on that screen for like 5 mins and nothing is moving. The music is still playing in the background but nothing is happening. If I turn the internet off and start the game, it'll get to the main menu no problem, but as soon as I turn the internet back on, and the game starts to load to play online, it freezes again. I have uninstalled it, and started it again, I have did the rebuild data on the safe mode screen, nothing works and it's the only game to do this as all my other games working fine with no problem. Sometimes it'll even make it to the main menu before freezing. It's like connecting to the servers causes this. Has anyone ever had/heard of this problem?

EDIT: After waiting like ten minutes to see what happens, I get this error. Saying the servers aren't available and

SBwk5z4.jpg

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Alright guys I'm having a problem with BO4. I'm playing on a PS4 pro. Everytime I try to play the game, it'll go to the connecting to online services loading screen then it freezes. I can let it sit on that screen for like 5 mins and nothing is moving. The music is still playing in the background but nothing is happening. If I turn the internet off and start the game, it'll get to the main menu no problem, but as soon as I turn the internet back on, and the game starts to load to play online, it freezes again. I have uninstalled it, and started it again, I have did the rebuild data on the safe mode screen, nothing works and it's the only game to do this as all my other games working fine with no problem. Sometimes it'll even make it to the main menu before freezing. It's like connecting to the servers causes this. Has anyone ever had/heard of this problem?

EDIT: After waiting like ten minutes to see what happens, I get this error. Saying the servers aren't available and
Looks like it's related to the way your network is configured. Try setting up a DMZ on your router, see how that affects things.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Looks like it's related to the way your network is configured. Try setting up a DMZ on your router, see how that affects things.

I should specify that I have AT&T U-verse. And I Just tried it, and it still freezes. The connection test also shows that I went from Nat type 2 to Nat type 1. Which also tells me that connection speed failed. It so weird that when I bought the game back in November, it worked fine for a few months, didn't change a thing to my network. Then one day it started doing this and I gave it a few months until yesterday and it still doing it.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this is the perfect time for me to bow out of the series. Zombies was the last reason I played it and now that Blundell is out, that hurts even more.

Craig Houston has done a pretty good job too, love how upfront he is compared to Blundell being too cryptic at times but it's an end of an era.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like this is the perfect time for me to bow out of the series. Zombies was the last reason I played it and now that Blundell is out, that hurts even more.

Craig Houston has done a pretty good job too, love how upfront he is compared to Blundell being too cryptic at times but it's an end of an era.
Zombies was the only reason i buy the season pass, so thats a wrap on that

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible his replacement could make Zombies better?
It's possible. Craig's done a decent job so far but I don't have much faith since it seems like DLC 4 will be another remade map as well as the next Black Ops game potentially dropping in 2020. I'm sad Blundell is gone but I'm more concerned if BO5 is rushed.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder if CoD 2020 will have zombies. I feel like one less year plus Treyarch scrambling to build the rest of the game might mean no zombies at launch.

My biggest question about that mess remains who's gonna work on CoD 2021? Treyarch can't make a whole game right after helping salvage SH's work. I doubt Sledgehammer can as they're acting as a support for Treyarch plus the supposed exodus of developers from the studio. That leaves Infinity Ward. I guess 2 years might be enough time?

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible his replacement could make Zombies better?
Possibly. But you have ab enormous undertaking for a new person. Cause itll have to run on next gen and youll be continuing someone else's story
Makes me wonder if CoD 2020 will have zombies. I feel like one less year plus Treyarch scrambling to build the rest of the game might mean no zombies at launch.

My biggest question about that mess remains who's gonna work on CoD 2021? Treyarch can't make a whole game right after helping salvage SH's work. I doubt Sledgehammer can as they're acting as a support for Treyarch plus the supposed exodus of developers from the studio. That leaves Infinity Ward. I guess 2 years might be enough time?
2020/2021 cod is gonna to be a huge fucking mess. Gotta remember we'll be into next gen at that point. Which means an exponential amount of more shit for devs to do on top of poor management decisions

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
They need to take a year off at this rate. It sounds like it's turning into a slow motion train wreck with Treyarch having to salvage SHG and Raven's work plus with the next gen of consoles coming up.

No way 2 years will be enough to develop titles still.

I wonder if the rumors of Mark Lamia being the main reason the MTX woes exist in BO4 is true.

Oct 25, 2017
Him and 9 other executives apparently in a time they are being forced to rush repair another game and pile as much halfassed mtx on the current game.
Activision : please buy Treyarch's 2020 game!

LOL even more reason not to buy Black Ops 5.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
If they can't salvage production I could see a pivot to a Master Chief Collection type release for 2020. Hell they could really sell three separate games if they wanted to. One for Zombies, Campaign, & Multiplayer with minor upgrades to each. This would buy them time without totally sacrificing revenue.

Oct 25, 2017
If they can't salvage production I could see a pivot to a Master Chief Collection type release for 2020. Hell they could really sell three separate games if they wanted to. One for Zombies, Campaign, & Multiplayer with minor upgrades to each. This would buy them time without totally sacrificing revenue.
Honestly I feel like they could delay 2020 and just sell a huge MW expansion.
Hell MW2 is so beloved they could probably get away with just ripping the entire expansion content from it.

Bundle it with the leaked MW2R campaign and they'd have a $59.99 "game" to sell.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Activision statement on the rumors surrounding Jason Blundell and other unnamed developers:
While we typically don't comment on rumor, as a personnel matter we feel it's important to address. Jason has not been fired, and in fact, he continues to direct the zombies experiences for Black Ops 4. In addition, Jason, along with a handful of developers, are working with Activision to develop new creative opportunities.
charlieintel.com

Activision denies reports that Jason Blundell was fired from Treyarch - Charlie INTEL

Activision has denied the reports that Jason Blundell has been fired from Treyarch. The company sent out a statement to CharlieIntel today denying reports
This honestly sounds a lot like what happened to Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. They also weren't fired officially speaking, they were transitioned to executive duties at Activision only for both of them to leave Activision months later.

Last edited:

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
They gotta ensure their only cash cow is not a total dumpster fire to shareholders. Gotta quell the chaos.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Activision statement on the rumors surrounding Jason Blundell and other unnamed developers:

charlieintel.com

Activision denies reports that Jason Blundell was fired from Treyarch - Charlie INTEL

Activision has denied the reports that Jason Blundell has been fired from Treyarch. The company sent out a statement to CharlieIntel today denying reports
This honestly sounds a lot like what happened to Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. They also weren't fired officially speaking, they were transitioned to executive duties at Activision only for both of them to leave Activision months later.
Yeah I think I'm gonna go ahead and believe the reliable insiders rather than the company with a history of pushing people out the door.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think I'm gonna go ahead and believe the reliable insiders rather than the company with a history of pushing people out the door.
I don't trust the leakers, given TGR's (now deleted) claim of Blundell being fired because he was an alcoholic who leaked information while inebriated. Not only is that disgustingly disrepectful to speak of anyone, it's also ludicrously unprofessional, and a clear grab for attention (difference between TGR's horrific claim today and past offenses being that his lies never affected people before). That, and the other person who "leaked" this was The Quartering, who is a known pile of dogshit in the shape of a human being.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Eyyy Ground War Blackout is back (at least on PS4)
Edit: list of things to come with next week's mid-Operation update and more
New Content Incoming Next Week on PS4

The next phase of Operation Apocalypse Z kicks off August 6th on PS4, delivering even more new content to all modes in Black Ops 4. Here's a preview of what's to come:
  • Pandemic – Imagine an 80-player game of Infected on the biggest Call of Duty map ever made. We're cranking that idea to 11 and making it a reality in Blackout, where the rules have changed from "last squad standing" to "last survivors on Earth against an endless swarm of undead at the end of the world". Get ready to run.
  • Infected: Final Stand – The fan-favorite party game rises again in Multiplayer with new game-changing twists to keep both teams fighting for survival until the very end.
  • Blackout Updates – We're adding the new sidecar-equipped Motorcycle to Blackout, along with more Zombies-inspired Easter eggs, Wonder Weapons, wall buys, and enemy types.
  • "Alpha Omega" Gauntlet – Take on 30 new rounds of challenges at Camp Edward in our latest competitive Gauntlet for Zombies fans, "Duck and Cover".
  • More Contract Rewards – We're increasing the potential Contract reward rate in every mode by guaranteeing at least one Normal Contract with a Reserve Case reward each day.
  • New Black Market Content – New Contraband rewards are coming, including an Ultra Weapon Bribe, new Epic Outfits, Gestures, Reactive Camo, Jump Pack, Calling Cards, and more.
Look for all the details in next week's patch notes, plus some sneak peeks coming soon...

Prop Hunt and Ground War Are Back!

Today's Featured Playlist update brings Prop Hunt back to MP, and Ground War comes to Blackout's post-apocalyptic main map for the first time. Both are limited time modes, so you'll want to jump in now while they're featured this week. Barebones Moshpit also comes to MP on PS4 and Xbox One, combining Barebones Deathmatch Moshpit with Barebones Objective Moshpit for a more diverse back-to-basics experience.

Known Issues and Incoming Improvements

This update fixes a recent issue in Zombies where players were unable to pick up the Shield piece that could appear on the bookshelf in the Library in "Dead of the Night" – thanks to the community for the reports. We're also tracking several issues and improvements for the future, including (not limited to):
  • Previously saved Paintjobs currently appearing hidden
  • Daemon 3XB Mastercraft not leveling up properly if the base version isn't owned
  • Improved pathing for the K9-Unit to prevent Juneau from jumping up onto the tower in Summit
  • Damage tuning for the Reaver C86, Argus, and Locus in Zombies
  • Crashes that can occur when Pack-a-Punching the Ballistic Knife in Zombies
  • Various fixes and improvements for "Alpha Omega" in Zombies
Please continue to report any bugs you encounter with as much information included as possible (platform you're playing on, map/weapon/attachment being used, etc.) and we'll bring them to the team's attention for investigation. The more info you can provide about the bug, the faster we can track down the cause.

A Note from the Team

As a reminder, please be civil in your communications on this subreddit and on social media about individual team members. It's fair game to criticize the studio or the game, but targeting an individual is crossing the line, especially when comments reflect unverified or inaccurate information.

We often have members of the dev team speak in public as representatives of the game and studio, but no one should confuse that with them being in charge of, or wholly responsible for, overarching decisions about the game – and under no circumstances should any individual be called out or attacked for any reason. Please keep it clean and respectful when talking about individual team members, and keep the conversation constructive.

Here's what's new today:

MULTIPLAYER
  • Featured Playlists (July 30-August 6)
    • PS4/Xbox One
      • Prop Hunt
      • Sticks and Stones
      • Barebones Moshpit
      • Mercenary Deathmatch Moshpit
      • Bolt-Action Barebones
    • PC
      • Quickplay
      • Deathmatch Domination
      • Barebones Deathmatch Moshpit
      • Sticks and Stones
BLACKOUT
  • Featured Playlists (July 30-August 6)
    • PS4/Xbox One
      • Alcatraz Horde
      • Ground War
      • Quads
      • Duos
      • Solo
    • PC
      • Quickplay
      • Alcatraz Horde
      • Ground War
      • Solo
ZOMBIES
  • Maps
    • Dead of the Night
      • Addressed an issue where players were unable to pick up the Shield piece that could appear on the bookshelf in the Library.

Last edited:

leverpastej

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How about letting me play all the new Maps.... bought deluxe edt on releaseday, maybe My worst spent money ever...

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any photos of what's in the new tier stream?

Edit: Looks like the M16 and Ballista are in the reserves and tier stream has a Ultra Weapon Bribe. Christ, the M16 is going to be super OP if those leaked attachments are in.

Last edited:

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Yup, but they should make some alterations to the map. There's this one big tower you can climb, very first game of Pandemic I had a squad camping up there and as a Zombie killing someone who is up there is basically impossible.
Yeah, had thought about that. My first game ended in a semi open plain north of ghost town iirc. Those types of finishes feel like the most satisfying for survivors and zombies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Pandemic is just another example of a good idea with a piss poor execution. If a lot of players are melee only, you should immediately makes all areas which are only accessible by ladder inaccessible. Pandemic has been out for a little over a day, yet everyone and their mother is already dropping Fracking Tower to camp the tower. Things like the razorwire and microwave shield also have no business being in this mode, and Zombies doing 75 damage is stupid.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
After hitting the last operation pretty hard, I'm finding it difficult to look at the next (for Xbox) operation and have much desire to grind 60 tiers of shit for just a weapon bribe. Ultra or not, I think it may be closing in on time for me to shelve BO4. I've got so many stickers now that I'm starting to choke on them. A shame to see things end with a dull thud.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be back for DLC4 and the final Zombies map, but after that I'm out. Black Ops 4 came out with a bang and ended with a whimper. This is likely the fate that will befall Modern Warfare as well. Naturally, I'll be seeing you all there.

Oct 25, 2017
It's the new COD cycle

• COD Game announced, looking good!
  • COD Game is released, it's really fun!
  • People find the objectively best perks and guns, everyone now runs those if they're not doing a challenge
  • Developers too busy on next COD Game to balance the guns and perks, game is now boring
  • A couple of months later Microtransaction Guns get added to fuck with the balance further
  • Everyone sick of COD Game
  • COD Game announced, looking good!

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Treyarch's senior game designer liked my Tweet about how some areas in Pandemic shouldn't be accessible. Hopefully that means they're actually gonna do that.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hearing that duplicate protected crates are now able to be purchased. Can anyone on PS4 confirm this? Don't see it on the PC or Xbox versions.