• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Black Ops Zombies ends with a remake of Call of the Dead, a zombies map that originally existed for stuntcasting, and was designed almost entirely around an even more arcadey romp through the map with a constant pursuer.

Can y'all say "wet fart"?
The worst thing is that it genuinely seems to have been planned from the start and not a result of a small dev team. The Black Ops 3 lobby screen appears to be the forest at Call of the Dead
maxresdefault.jpg

EDodGXgXkAANwRI.jpg

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
This game was great but yeah, that Summer update was so so awful. Modern Warfare is right around the corner and there are a lot of other games to play so I've been done with Black Ops IV for a bit now. Hopefully we get a few good months out of Modern Warfare too....

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game was great but yeah, that Summer update was so so awful. Modern Warfare is right around the corner and there are a lot of other games to play so I've been done with Black Ops IV for a bit now. Hopefully we get a few good months out of Modern Warfare too....

Yeah, I was legit into the game at first, but Blackout fell flat for me sooner than I anticipated (and completely lost relevance with Apex Legends), and then the multiplayer was just a bit too close to what we've already seen a thousand times. I liked the team damage and the team abilities, but overall it played it rather safe and I didn't feel reasons to keep on grinding passes. Definitely the Black Ops game I fell off the quickest, and Modern Warfare for once legit sounds like a big change, one actually worth switching over for. Compare that to Black Ops 3, which was a game I went back to repeatedly even after two other CODs came out. I don't think the same will happen here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Trophy List for Tag Der Toten (Day of the Dead) is up!
Salvation Lies Above
In Tag Der Toten, Ascend from Darkness

Everybody Freeze
In Tag Der Toten, freeze ten zombies at once in a single match

Fetch
In Tag Der Toten, kill 5 Hellhounds with snowballs in a single match

Lifeline
In Tag Der Toten, use all the ziplines without killing an enemy or going into last stand in a single match

Going Green
In Tag Der Toten, open all paths without turning on the power

Mile High Jug
In Tag Der Toten, Break the jar on top of the lighthouse using the Strife

Abnormal Energy Bill
In Tag Der Toten, light up all the totems in a single match

Pack Your Bags
In Tag Der Toten, pack a weapon in all pack-a-pinch locations in a single match

Bell of the Snowball
In Tag Der Toten, ring all four bells with thrown snowballs in under 12 seconds

Secret
In Tag Der Toten, find the secret

Day of the Dead is also the name of a George Romero film, which I doubt is a coincidence.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Trophy List for Tag Der Toten (Day of the Dead) is up!
Salvation Lies Above
In Tag Der Toten, Ascend from Darkness

Everybody Freeze
In Tag Der Toten, freeze ten zombies at once in a single match

Fetch
In Tag Der Toten, kill 5 Hellhounds with snowballs in a single match

Lifeline
In Tag Der Toten, use all the ziplines without killing an enemy or going into last stand in a single match

Going Green
In Tag Der Toten, open all paths without turning on the power

Mile High Jug
In Tag Der Toten, Break the jar on top of the lighthouse using the Strife

Abnormal Energy Bill
In Tag Der Toten, light up all the totems in a single match

Pack Your Bags
In Tag Der Toten, pack a weapon in all pack-a-pinch locations in a single match

Bell of the Snowball
In Tag Der Toten, ring all four bells with thrown snowballs in under 12 seconds

Secret
In Tag Der Toten, find the secret

Day of the Dead is also the name of a George Romero film, which I doubt is a coincidence.
I haven't kept up with this, is this a call of the dead remake?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm up for a remake of Call of the Dead but I just hope they fix some of the annoyances I had with it (Frozen water and a zombie following you that you can piss off super easily) However, I hope they do a tribute or something with George Romero since he was in the original map.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm up for a remake of Call of the Dead but I just hope they fix some of the annoyances I had with it (Frozen water and a zombie following you that you can piss off super easily) However, I hope they do a tribute or something with George Romero since he was in the original map.
I'm really hoping the Secret trophy has something to do with him. But the map name itself is already a nice start.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna devour Tag der Toten and then probably be done with CoD until the next entry with Zombies rolls around. MW 2019 is gonna need to be really amazing to get me onboard. BO4's support in the latter half of 2019 has been godawful, and MW 2019's spotty beta and being a blatant nostalgia grab seriously turned me off.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
2 new Tag der Toten teasers. First one is Treyarch's new profile picture, text says "Ascension"
_zeV3JSl_400x400.jpg

2nd teaser is a Thundergun which shoots cold air, possibly a combination of the Thundergun and Winter's Howl

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Zombies character inspection menu now has a glitch after the update which at times accidentally shows the Victis characters so yeah, looks like we'll not just get 8 but 12 playable characters in Tag Der Toten.
pjxkeebs37n31.jpg

vrq86935y6n31.jpg

EEr1qITXoAAaNsM.jpg

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently I already redeemed my code for the Xbox, so where do I go from here. Am I supposed to get another code from Activision to put on my Xbox?

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

While I was hoping there'd be a CGI cutscene, this one was done way better than Alpha Omega.

Fuck Richtofen, I thought Primis Richtofen was going to betray the crew since he acted the most bizarre in Alpha Omega. How the hell is it the Zombie version though?

Also disappointed that the Primis and Ultimis crews were unceremoniously killed off like that. It was going to happen but this felt like a letdown. Either that or I was wanting to play as them and not as the shitty Victis group.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
While I was hoping there'd be a CGI cutscene, this one was done way better than Alpha Omega.

Fuck Richtofen, I thought Primis Richtofen was going to betray the crew since he acted the most bizarre in Alpha Omega. How the hell is it the Zombie version though?

Also disappointed that the Primis and Ultimis crews were unceremoniously killed off like that. It was going to happen but this felt like a letdown. Either that or I was wanting to play as them and not as the shitty Victis group.
I'm guessing Ultimis Richtofen somehow got the ability to turn into a Zombie at will after Maxis but him in a Zombie body. I also doubt the the characters we see on the ground are dead, there's no blood or bite marks on them and killing off 6 characters like that would cause the community go beyond insane. They're probably just passed out drunk.

Apparently I already redeemed my code for the Xbox, so where do I go from here. Am I supposed to get another code from Activision to put on my Xbox?
Should be emailed to you, or it should be here when you log-in https://profile.callofduty.com/promotions/redeemCode/mw-preorder

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017

All the zombies Victis are fighting have red armbands! Nazi Zombies are back!

You're surprised that the Nazi incarnation of Richtofen betrayed Ultimis and Primis?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of, going by Alpha Omega and its dialogue, I expected it to be Primis Richtofen.
Primis Richtofen is just fatigued by the time Alpha Omega rolls around. He's not a bad guy, but he did just hand off the fate of the universe to Nikolai out of the blue.

It's worth keeping in mind that Primis Richtofen in BO4 is the same one from BO3, whereas Primis Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai are the three from a new cycle well after BO3's cycle concluded. We don't know how many times the cycle completed between Revelations and Blood of the Dead, but it was far more than once. His attitude in Alpha Omega can be summed up as "I've been doing this for far too long, and I just handed off the responsibility of saving the universe to someone else for the first time in my life."

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of that perk from Infinite Warfare. I forgot what it's called

Also it's funny that people are saying BO4 is better than MW. It isn't though

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Footage of the new Zombies perk

Crouch and sit still and the perk's ability powers up with up to 3 stages, stand up again and you're thrust forward killing Zombies in your path. Takes 1 minute to recharge.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes at the Modern Warfare beta. The weapons feel a lot less impactful, I like some of the movement changes but the game still feels kinda slow (practically everything also needs a lenghty X hold to use, which is annoying), the shooting is completely inconsistent, the new game modes are pretty dumb (Battlefield with IW's low TTK doesn't work, the night vision mode gets old quick as it's even more full of camper), and with the crossplay it's far easier to find hackers from PC too. I also don't understand why they had to screw up the UI like that. The ideas are okay but the execution is not really fun, as the games takes the bad sides of the early MW games instead of the good ones, pairing it with meh improvements and throwing away a lot of the excellence BO3 and 4 threw to the table. I'm kinda burnt out by BO4 but its multiplayer is still miles ahead of what's shown in this beta :\

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'll pass. I don't see how this could work fairly in a BR mode. If it was Ground War only, it'd be a bit better.
They're definitely gonna have to up the amount of rocket launchers and rockets laying around. Maybe also give the tanks limited ammo with the same rockets which work for the launchers being needed for the tanks so someone can't hop into one and blast 20 shots without the need of getting out.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
New Operation should be out for PS4.

I think after Tag Der Toten, I'm probably done after this. BO4 felt pretty lackluster and Modern Warfare did nothing for me.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
And of course just like Alpha Omega the DLC doesn't launch on time in Europe.... Yay, 7.30pm and still nothing!!!!!
Also.
Misty is Dempsey's daughter