• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Map design looked like it takes directly from Modern Warfare, which is super disappointing. Going to keep those expectations low, I really did not like that game.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
WTF is that "revive" mechanic and that high TTK.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That looks really damn good, also a Miami strip map is really fucking inspired, I love it.

I was scared when they said they were not using the MW engine, but the animations and sounds are really good.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
The revive mechanic could be for the gameplay type their playing. Anyway looks goods, map reminds me of Plaza from BO2

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god the revive mechanic, awful. Hopefully it's just that mode

And as people have said above, TTK is horrendously short

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, I wouldn't judge the TTK, given how much of the video is in spectator mode which doesn't represent correctly the real gameplay.

The original dude gets killed by a shotgun at short range, which is fine. The second round has a better representation of it, and its longer.

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The map looks really dope. But other than that it feels really weird. It reminds me a lot of Battlefield Hardline for some reason. Slightly weird gun art, weird ttk. I dunno, I expected it to be a whole lot like MW.

I need to see more obviously, but this doesn't get me excited in all honesty.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Dual Mags seem to be back. Always liked that one from the original BO.

It does seem more simplified in the animation department though compared to MW.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a CoD MP with a TTK that a majority of the community likes or does preference mostly vary

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This does not really feel like a Treyarch title but an expansion pack for Modern Warfare. Healthbars coming back is cool but the TTK, while it seems higher than Modern Warfare, is also very low, another thing that does not scream Treyarch in the slightest. We'll see how it goes.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
... This looks like shit. Very low TTK compared to other Black Ops games and a sprawling, million-corners-and-sightlines map design lifted straight from MW. This isn't what I want from Black Ops.

This is just one map and one short clip so I'm not gonna go all doom and gloom right away, but yeah, not a good start.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Hybrid of BO4 and MW is fine by me.

I'm glad the mini map is back to normal and hope the rumours are true that dead silence is a perk again.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Dual Mags seem to be back. Always liked that one from the original BO.

It does seem more simplified in the animation department though compared to MW.
Yep, definitely seems little lacking in that department. Honestly MW looks better graphically to me but maybe that's cause this is early and on console. Historically Treyarch titles always looked worse than IW and Sledgehammer.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I want to repeat that judging TTK mainly by spectator mode is useless.
Spectator mode != what players play or see in normal gameplay.
The second round, where he stays alive longer, has higher TTK.

By the way, I thought this was using their BO4 engine, but they're using an upgraded MW one finally:

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
... This looks like shit. Very low TTK compared to other Black Ops games and a sprawling, million-corners-and-sightlines map design lifted straight from MW. This isn't what I want from Black Ops.

This is just one map and one short clip so I'm not gonna go all doom and gloom right away, but yeah, not a good start.

Yup. I know people have different tastes and opinions: some prefer IW's more chaotic map design, the lower TTK and the likes, but for better or worse Treyarch always had their own style, their own philosophy in maps, TTK, gunplay, equipment and weapon balance and so on. If you told me this is a leaked video from the next season of Modern Warfare 2019, I'd believe you. This isn't what Treyarch's style is about. Not enough actual gameplay (most of it is in spectator mode, too) to judge but boy this does not seem to be what I want.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Love the map aesthetic, but not enough for me to get a sense of how I feel about the actual layout.

Down-but-not-out is probably only for this game mode, I would guess? Not going to see that become normal for TDM and such?

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
I'm a big fan of Treyarch's previous output so really looking forward to this. One thing they usually nail in their games is map design. So big expectations when it comes to standard MP maps for BOCW.