• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is the price for 4K and Raytracing.

bo5c0vvbffy51.jpg

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome that you can select what you want!

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
That's nice. I can play the campaign, beat it and uninstall it and install the multiplayer.

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being that size on day 1 is absurd. God knows what size it will be 6 months down the line with all patches and updates.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Just started my preload on PS4. Damn Staggered release.
Playstation doesn't appear to have a dedicated Zombies install which is beyond frustrating as that's the only mode I'm really interested in. It'll be interesting to try and figure out which bit of the install Zombies does actually live in.

wow wow wow theres dead ops arcade???
Dead Ops Arcade 3 Yep

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
With that amount, I'm expecting one or two new Series S SKUs with additional storage throughout its lifetime. Even if Series S does not need Ultra HD textures, it's only gonna get worse from here.

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Ray tracing data at 11GB? I didn't know ray tracing needs disk space. For what?

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
Disappointing. You're saving like 20GB of an almost 200GB install if you want to play multiplayer with all the graphical bells and whistles you just upgraded your console for.

ultraluna

Jun 3, 2020
Just started my preload on PS4. Damn Staggered release.
Playstation doesn't appear to have a dedicated Zombies install which is beyond frustrating as that's the only mode I'm really interested in. It'll be interesting to try and figure out which bit of the install Zombies does actually live in.

Dead Ops Arcade 3 Yep
Goddammit Treyarch pulling me back in

Oct 27, 2017
Is selective downloading available on other platforms?

That will be up to developers, basically. The PS5 FAQ has this :

Similar to PS4, PS5 games can offer a feature called "Preferred Install" that allows players to choose which part of a game to install first. This can allow a player to prioritize access to a particular mode or feature. An example could be prioritizing the installation of the single-player or multiplayer component of a game.

In supported PS5 games, players can also choose to remove specific modes or content they no longer want in order to free up storage space. Developers will ultimately determine the level of support offered for these features, but the goal is to maximize storage flexibility.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
This kind of thing looks great, we should have always had this on every console.

OP
OP

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Disappointing. You're saving like 20GB of an almost 200GB install if you want to play multiplayer with all the graphical bells and whistles you just upgraded your console for.

People playing MP should care more about stable 60fps than 4K visuals.

HD textures and RT are for the campaign

Jun 17, 2018
I'm really interested to see side by side comparisons with the One X version. I only paid for the standard Xbox One X version since I'm still not sure which console I'm going to get next year.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
"Ray-tracing data"? pardon my ignorance here, i thought the whole point was this is done in real-time? are these baked in ala gears 5?

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Reading the linked Reddit thread, the guy who posted it is expressing that you can indeed ditch the campaign, and that in his use case by ditching everything except MP he got it down to 60GBs. Actually really dope to have this level of control over it.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see them itemising downloads. If Activision are supporting it, pretty much means all will.

This needs to be standard, across the board.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading the linked Reddit thread, the guy who posted it is expressing that you can indeed ditch the campaign, and that in his use case by ditching everything except MP he got it down to 60GBs. Actually really dope to have this level of control over it.
Wow. Amazing news!

OP (Raigor ), I think you need to rephrase the Title, think this is huge news.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Modern Warfare had selective installs as well. It is a cool feature and I hope more devs use it, games are only going to get larger size wise.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
What's the install size if you want to do Warzone and literally nothing else?

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, ow my solid state drive capacity (assuming the fully loaded PS5 version takes up a similar amount of space, that's nearly a third of the drive taken up by a single game), on the other hand it looks like you can jettison most of that space if you're only here for multiplayer and Zombies.