• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020

UPDATE

In order to pre-load Black Ops Cold War, you must have the following free drive space on your platform:

PlayStation 4: 95GB

PlayStation 5: 133GB

Xbox One: 93GB

Xbox Series X|S: 136GB

Note: console players can choose to uninstall specific game mode packs, such as for Campaign or Zombies, in order to reduce the game's overall file size. This content can be managed in-game through the "Account & Network" section of the Settings menu.

Last edited:

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Considering PC version is 175GB 82GB. Something is wrong.

Maybe they're trying to block other games from being installed so you have to play more CoD?

Last edited:

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
😂

I like that it says minimum.

Activision needs to get their game size under control.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
IT9yJ7C.gif

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
ridiculous, no matter the SSD size, i don't understand what it is about COD where they have these crazy storage requirements. There must not be much compression or something

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I've never not bought a game because of file size. I've made it work

Until COD. It's not just the size. It's the AUDACITY.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a bad time for me to go all digital this upcoming generation. lol

I have a1.2tb monthly data cap. There goes a quarter of it.

Crankafoo

Dec 3, 2018
Canada
About the same as PC with 4K Ultra RTX. Although I thought they confirmed it'd be ~250GB, and this is another ~35GB. Curious what's up with that.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
Modern Warfare for PS4 is "150GB minimum". Even with the better textures and zombie mode in Black Ops Cold War, i cant see the size doubling from that. Although "Warzone" wasnt included initially, but that alone shouldnt make the size near double anyway.

EDIT: Or do the better textures etc. take that much more space?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
lmfao

This actually ensures I'll never actually purchase a COD game again if this trend continues. Like, it's too much.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
They can't be serious right? I always play Cod with my friends but I really don't feel like letting one game take up half of the available storage space.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
300GB were my "worst case" prediction in terms of next gen game sizes. Seems like CoD already wants to hit that at launch.