• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: New source

Previously just some screenshots were leaked but now we actually have footage.

It's obviously unfinished but I wish they had just finished it and made changes for Warzone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get why they just don't add a proper new map to warzone

Cause Warzone was meant to just be for MW19 and then move onto Blackout 2 but then Warzone blew all of Activision's expectations and suddenly Raven was in charge of a game that was meant to last years rather than just a single year and they were not equipped to handle it.

It's only now in it's latest season Raven has clearly gotten the help they needed to actually properly handle Warzone which can be seen in how their updating has not only gotten more frequent, but far more detailed and more open with the community.

Verdansk 84 was likely all they could do with the resources they had. Probably something much larger next time.

Oct 25, 2017
Cause Warzone was meant to just be for MW19 and then move onto Blackout 2 but then Warzone blew all of Activision's expectations and suddenly Raven was in charge of a game that was meant to last years rather than just a single year and they were not equipped to handle it.

It's only now in it's latest season Raven has clearly gotten the help they needed to actually properly handle Warzone which can be seen in how their updating has not only gotten more frequent, but far more detailed and more open with the community.

Verdansk 84 was likely all they could do with the resources they had. Probably something much larger next time.
Then Activision was doomed to failure. As much i liked Blackout, sticking with a single successful BR is the key in the genre. The fact they wanted a BR per COD game is insane. Thankfully Warzone blew up, even though we lost Blackout maps.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Then Activision was doomed to failure. As much i liked Blackout, sticking with a single successful BR is the key in the genre. The fact they wanted a BR per COD game is insane. Thankfully Warzone blew up, even though we lost Blackout maps.

Ultimately it will be better in the long run.

Also I'm struggling to find another video. It seems Activision is heavy duty scouring to remove it from everywhere.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I honestly think if that Ural mountains map played like blackout 1 that activision could have definitely had two successful BR games running simultaneously.
If they were strategic about timing updates so they were constantly generating hype for one or the other and skins worked across games no one would ever notice if their updates were as lame as the warzone ones have been.

Jun 10, 2018
I actually thought Blackout was much better then Warzone. My brother and I (and our friend) actually played Blackout a lot. Whereas with Warzone, we really didn't even play it that much and haven't touched it in about a year and a half. Wish they would have stuck with Blackout over Warzone (or had them switch out each year).

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't they just add the map via rotation PUBG or Apex?

Ugh what a mistake.

adelante

Oct 27, 2017
Played quite a bit of Blackout and while the gameplay was fun, the map design felt janky. It didn't feel cohesive, was clearly made with key/fan fav locations patched together to form a BR map. Verdansk's layout is far more detailed and grounded.
Why didn't they just add the map via rotation PUBG or Apex?

Ugh what a mistake.
Pretty sure they didn't want to fragment the mode further by having 2 different playstyles/combat mechanics in 2 separate maps. They stuck with 1 and while they may have lost some players for not introducing a new map soon, it was a better decision in the long term by having a consistent BR experience under the Call of Duty brand.

Oct 25, 2017
Activision wasn't the one pushing it.
Treyarch fucked the BO4 campaign up so badly Activision made them restart it and it was so bad again it was canceled entirely.
They threw Blackout together in the last 9ish months to have something to replace it.

Warzone was something they intended to make from the start.

Blackout 2 was Treyarch wanting to do more of their thing, but Warzone blew up so big Activision canceled Blackout 2 early in its development.

It's more on Treyarch not trying to get with IW and Raven to figure it out earlier.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017

I personally wished that Blackout would have been their BR game. Could be me, but I really had a lot more fun playing Blackout than Warzone. I would go and play a round of Blackout only to get hooked and spend the next few hours just doing random matchmaking.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I personally wished that Blackout would have been their BR game. Could be me, but I really had a lot more fun playing Blackout than Warzone. I would go and play a round of Blackout only to get hooked and spend the next few hours just doing random matchmaking.

Blackout had good simple map design with varied gameplay mechanics thanks to its equipment

The scifi slightly futuristic setting was great

Battlefield might fill that gap

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
BRING BACK BLACKOUT!! Still my favorite BR, period. No ifs ands or buts. I would play it regularly if it was even updated occasionally (and had an active population).

Oct 25, 2017
Blackout had good simple map design with varied gameplay mechanics thanks to its equipment

The scifi slightly futuristic setting was great

Battlefield might fill that gap

The missions Blackout had were amazing and Warzone needs something similar asap.
Unlucking Woods, Reznov, Mason and Seraph were such an accomplishment

Imagine if Warzone had a mission where you had to use
ui_loot_operator_mp_western_t9price_1_1.png

Get a sniper and get a long range rooftop kill
or land and get kills at the pool
and you unlock
hsrprco03nu31.png

that head on
ud5i3hx129231.jpg

*Price ´96*

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Blackout not being the F2P Battle Royale (or at least going F2P when BO4 was done with it's cycle) is still one of my biggest disappointments with gaming.

Had wayyyyyyy more fun with Blackout than Warzone.

With as hard as Activision is going on these videos, what if this isn't actually cancelled?

Last edited: