• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
3VEh3b6.jpg

Developer: Tencent Games
Publisher: Activision
Release date: October 1, 2019
Platforms: iOS, Android, PC (via GameLoop, Tencent's official Android emulator)
Price: free (with in-app purchases)
Controller support: no

Call of Duty Mobile is a new iteration of the Call of Duty series built specifically for mobile devices. The game draws from various titles in the series to deliver a free-to-play multiplayer-oriented experience with three different ways to play: classic-style 5v5 multiplayer, 100-player Battle Royale, and Zombies (coming after launch). The game is supported with in-app purchases for items, characters, and cosmetics, as well as a premium battle pass in the vein of many recent games. Maps are free to all players.

Multiplayer Maps
  • Crash (from CoD4: Modern Warfare)
  • Crossfire (from CoD4: Modern Warfare)
  • Firing Range (from CoD: Black Ops)
  • Hijacked (from CoD: Black Ops II)
  • Killhouse (from CoD4: Modern Warfare)
  • Nuketown (from CoD: Black Ops)
  • Raid (from CoD: Black Ops II)
  • Standoff (from CoD: Black Ops II)
  • Takeoff (from CoD: Black Ops II)
Playable Characters
  • Alex Mason (from the Black Ops series)
  • David Mason (from Call of Duty: Black Ops II)
  • David "Prophet" Wilkes (from the Black Ops series)
  • John Price (from the Modern Warfare series)
  • Simon "Ghost" Riley (from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)
  • Terrance Brooks (from Call of Duty: Black Ops)
  • Thomas Merrick (from Call of Duty: Ghosts)
Recommended Accessories

While Call of Duty Mobile doesn't support controllers in the traditional sense, there are a variety of different phone grips and triggers designed to be used in shooters such as this, PUBG, and Fortnite. They require you to adjust your control layout and settings in-game due to having parts that touch the device's screen, but once you have everything set up how you'd like, you can get a controller-esque feel that gives you console-style triggers and comfort. Here is a list of various accessories that ResetEra users have suggested.
ResetEra Clan

Cloud-Hidden has created an in-game clan for Era users. For information, see both of his posts below.

The clan name is ResetEra. To make sure members are joining instead of randoms picking from the list, I toggled on required applications. Just let me know here when you've applied and I'll add you in next time I boot up the game. I'll check often.

The emblem is a green stag (because they didn't have anything purple, or any arrows).

For the record, my in-game name is Tranquilo.

For anyone interested in joining the clan, just note that all 20 slots are currently full, and we have five applications waiting. We'll get more slots as we level up, but leveling up takes a *long* time. We're currently a little over 2K points toward the roughly 12K we need for level two.

For this reason, I'm going to review the member list daily, and anyone who's been inactive for more than five days will be bumped to make room for applicants who actually intend to play regularly. I hope you all understand.

Related Links

Screenshots

IR1qs50.jpg

g05I1WL.jpg

RNoAFDn.jpg

kZtzojJ.jpg

zfa9Ynn.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone has any recommendations for the OT (including recommended grips/triggers), please let me know!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Good OT. I hope we get some MW2/3 maps soon. Would like some from Infinite Warfare too since the characters are in there but not getting my hopes up.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
This has been really fun. Surprised me to say the least.
I hope they add in controller support in the future.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like it. It's filled with just about everything you'd expect from a F2P game. Weapons have to be bought from an in game store, controls are poor, and the netcode is absolutely horrible.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone interested in joining the clan, just note that all 20 slots are currently full, and we have five applications waiting. We'll get more slots as we level up, but leveling up takes a *long* time. We're currently a little over 2K points toward the roughly 12K we need for level two.

For this reason, I'm going to review the member list daily, and anyone who's been inactive for more than five days will be bumped to make room for applicants who actually intend to play regularly. I hope you all understand.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't like it. It's filled with just about everything you'd expect from a F2P game. Weapons have to be bought from an in game store, controls are poor, and the netcode is absolutely horrible.
Cosmetic mostly in the store. Network is about perfect for me. Around 40-50ms maximum and I don't feel any lag. Constant 60fps on iPhone 11 pro. Controls are really good with some 5 bucks trigger. It's really fun

count me in when a slot is available. I was in that other thread and I missed it

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Battle royale mode is really cool but ruined because it's all against bots. I hope they change that soon.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Cosmetic mostly in the store. Network is about perfect for me. Around 40-50ms maximum and I don't feel any lag. Constant 60fps on iPhone 11 pro. Controls are really good with some 5 bucks trigger. It's really fun

count me in when a slot is available. I was in that other thread and I missed it
Do you have a link to the triggers you bought? Are they pretty decent?

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
So do you ever fight a full team of real people with a team of real people, or is it always 3/5 bots? Because that was exactly my experience with the beta, along with PUBG Mobile.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Weapons don't have to be bought from the store. You can unlock every gun from ranking up.

If you're playing normal and not ranked, then very likely.
Nice to know you can get the guns by leveling up. It's still filled to the brim with F2P garbage though. Just opened the app and was bombarded with pop ups.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems well made enough, but I just pretty much can't stand virtual sticks. So I can't see myself playing this.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
5595-E59-A-8065-450-C-970-B-A7-B3746-DC40-A.jpg

works amazing though I need to take off my iPhone case. Too thick with it
Sorry, I meant an Amazon link haha. They do look nice though.

I ordered a pair in that style except with buttons rather than triggers, should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully they work well.

I did notice you missed Standoff which is from BO2 on the list.
Whoops, thanks. I'll add it. I was pulling the list from the game's website, didn't notice it missing.

Is it actually good?
If you can get past the game's monetization model, it feels pretty good to play for a touch-screen shooter. It really scratches that CoD itch. It does have a few problems though, namely how easy it is to spawn camp.

Piotrek

Oct 28, 2017
Warsaw, PL
Is it actually good?

Yeah, it's a really solid mobile FPS. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like CoD gameplay and mobile shooters.
For now there's no p2w. Everything in the store is cosmetic only. They have a great thing going and I really hope they don't screw it up with lootbox-exclusive weapons or any other crap like that.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Is it actually good?
For a mobile game? I guess. Go in expecting a noticeably worse CoD experience compared to the console games and that's what you'll get.

It's similar to Mario Kart Tour in that it's trying to be a console-like experience, but just doesn't get there.

I've been playing on my home WiFi and every single kill cam has obvious bullshit going on. Like way above what I see in BO4

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I meant an Amazon link haha. They do look nice though.

I ordered a pair in that style except with buttons rather than triggers, should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully they work well.

Whoops, thanks. I'll add it. I was pulling the list from the game's website, didn't notice it missing.

If you can get past the game's monetization model, it feels pretty good to play for a touch-screen shooter. It really scratches that CoD itch. It does have a few problems though, namely how easy it is to spawn camp.
Yeah, it's a really solid mobile FPS. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like CoD gameplay and mobile shooters.
For now there's no p2w. Everything in the store is cosmetic only. They have a great thing going and I really hope they don't screw it up with lootbox-exclusive weapons or any other crap like that.

Thanks; worth giving it a whirl.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay. They need to add back in controller support. Also, most of my matches seem to be me vs. like one other guy and we put up 20+ kills while the rest of the people put up 3-5 each, and I'm not even "good." Is TDM mostly bots or are people just terrible?

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
Downloaded this, I'm super surprised it runs on my old ass motorola, doesn't run well, but it runs lol

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay. They need to add back in controller support. Also, most of my matches seem to be me vs. like one other guy and we put up 20+ kills while the rest of the people put up 3-5 each, and I'm not even "good." Is TDM mostly bots or are people just terrible?
Do you play ranked?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Fyi, you can send those XP cards to friends. I believe once a day? So feel free to add anyone in the clan or just in general.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Played last night, gotta get used to the touchscreen controls.

Just got done playing the game in an Android emulator, however, and like stated above, mouse and keyboard totally change the game. Couldn't crouch or properly sprint for shit, but the ease at which you can just completely murder the whole field is ridiculous. I imagine that once people get used to it and find their comfortable setup, this will be a lot less prevalent -- especially since I suck at FPS -- but I just dominated this game. Of the 50 kills required, I probably got 37 on my own and died five times. And I only died because crouch isn't mapped by default.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This runs so well on the iPhone 11. I basically turned everything up and it keeps up.

Nov 14, 2017
Just played a couple of games on my Pixel 2 XL and it runs flawlessly, which is incredible for a snapdragon from 2017.

Is the MP filled with bots? I just ran through everyone and I don't know if it's because I'm good on mobile shooters (played a ton of PUBG) or they're bots. Not using any add-ons either, just touchscreen.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played one match and instantly uninstalled.

The controls are horrid, I don't know how people do it lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, BR is way less tense with bots.

On the other hand... Easy BP challenge completion!

Almost at Lv 30 on my BP and we're only on week 2.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a ton of fun, just disappointed that controller support was removed. To me, this is probably my favorite multiplayer since Black Ops 2 perhaps? I don't know why this didn't exist yet or that CoD Online was never localized worldwide. I'd kill to get this on my Switch.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Played and won my first battle royale match. CoD is the first time I did it, and it's also the first time I won. I understand the appeal, but not really captivated by the mechanics of it all.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just won my first BR match (on my first BR match) as well. In the final three, the other two players were too busy fighting one another to notice me sneak near them. I waited for one to kill the other, and then finished the last person off with a couple of bullets.

Plays well enough on my Pixel 3 XL. Not as well as the normal multiplayer, but still.