• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer

Here's the rundown:

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up.

Beyond the campaign, players will be thrust into the ultimate online playground with a classic multiplayer experience and an all-new cooperative play mode, featuring a collection of strategic co-op missions accessible to all skill levels, that only Call of Duty can deliver.

About the campaign, which features the return of Captain Price (check the images below to see him)

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can with an edgy, culturally relevant and thought-provoking single-player campaign.
  • Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces and freedom fighters throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.
  • Fans will experience personalities from the Modern Warfare series, including the iconic Captain Price, while experiencing visceral frontline encounters with lethal tier one operators who work within the gray area of their rules of engagement.
  • Single player gameplay is reflexive and strategic, supporting the narrative through a variety of different playstyles including close quarter, stealth missions and long-range combat that puts tactical decision making to the ultimate test.

How's this gonna work? My source told me they were shown a gameplay mission that featured your group breaching a room in which the lights had been destroyed. The player could then activate night vision (now no longer a green filter but actually necessary to see in the dark) and pick off the enemies. The thing is, this is optional. You could finish the mission Rambo-style gunning everybody down or take the tactical approach. And, per usual, each path has its own consequences.

About the new engine, which I'm told is actually new, built from scratch, free from the old Quake stuff.

Tech: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare features a new engine delivering an immersive and photo-realistic experience. The new technology utilizes the latest advancements in visual engineering, including a physically-based material system allowing for state-of-the-art photogrammetry, a new hybrid tile based streaming system, new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing (PC) and more, as well as a new GPU geometry pipeline. Spectral rendering delivers thermal heat radiation and infrared identification for both thermal and night-vision in-game imaging. The technical investment made provides a cutting-edge animation system and blend shape system, while the new suite of audio of tools allows for full Dolby ATMOS support, on supported platforms, along with the latest in audio simulation effects.

PR also sent this: With Modern Warfare's launch, the team is taking steps to unite the community. First, the team plans to allow Modern Warfare to be played between PC and console through cross-play. In addition to that, the team is ditching the season pass so that they can deliver more maps and free content, aside from post-launch events for all players.

PC version is "fully-optimized" and will be available through Blizzard.

zxcsJih.jpg

Ib1r7ny.jpg

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war. Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up.

In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can. Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.

And the story doesn't end there. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, players will be thrust into an immersive narrative spanning the entire game. Players can experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer or squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations, accessible to all skill levels.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fantastic, crossplay and no season pass?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man they've officially ran out of ideas huh?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah Crossplay. They didn't say whether you could play between Xbox and PS4 but if they can make exceptions I'm sure this game can do it too

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I legit though Call of Duty would be the absolute dead last to bring cross-play into their games. I am actually shocked.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. Hopefully it portrays murica as the bad guys for a change (neither side except civilians are good guys).

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In for Capt. Price

No season pass is fantastic news, I just await what sort of microtransactions are in it now, nothing too crap I hope. Lootboxes home and purchasable items would be my ideal.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
No more season pass?
New engine and crossplay?

Seems like no more season pass and crossplay.

Straight from eurogamer:

"What wasn't expected, however, was Activision updating some of its traditional thinking behind Call of Duty as well. Modern Warfare will be the first in the franchise to support cross-play for PC and consoles. The series' now-outdated season pass model has been eliminated, meanwhile, to ensure additional maps and other bits of post-launch content don't fragment the game's playerbase."

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
MAN HELL YEAH.

This aesthetic already makes me so damn excited. No more jetpacks, no more trench warfare. Spy shit, wetwork, Price, back against OpFor (or whatever).

I will be there day 0.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the trailer, I'm buying it if the multiplayer look good.

Not a bunch of fake shit going on

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
looks pretty nice. doesnt sound like either of the original prices VA from either COD2 or Modern warfare titles, but that's fine.

i hope when they talk about culturally relevant, they are actually pushing a subtle anti interventionist message here. but im getting my own hopes up without reason

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Crossplay is fucking fantastic. Day one on Xbox or PC.