• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
These could obviously be SP maps, Spec Ops maps or just maps being released over time. They could also be left over stuff we won't see, regardless - it's alot and the beta is over so we need something to talk about.

Wc3zNHn.png

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
In the beta I got the impression that CoD now uses gamemode-tied maps:
TDM/DOM/HQ: Cavemap, Hackney, Trainstation
20 player DOM: Russian city
Ground war: Karst quarry

Therefore a map count of 50 doesn't seems too unreasonable imo.

IIRC there were ca. 10-15 maps in older CoDs, where all gamemodes used the same map.
If MW has 15 small, 10 medium and 10 large maps + 15 DLC.... that would be 50 maps.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Rust? Terminal?
giphy.gif

You know, with the lack of a season pass, I would welcome 1-2 of these maps per months.

2PiR

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
everything about this game sounds too good to be true, whats the catch? lol I don't care about the MTX i guess, i have never spent a dime ever.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
That's a whoa. Aren't they doing free maps this time as well, so no divided player base if these are DLC?

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
As crazy as it sounds, I've secretly hoped that the mw2 remaster that never saw the light of day because of the single player only backlash, had begun developing the mp as well to appease fans. But then they decided to just include that content instead into this year's cod so that they don't have two competing multiplayers like infinite warfare and mw remastered had.

So a lot of mw2 maps, guns and spec ops missions is what I've got my fingers crossed for.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal will have been in every IW CoD since MW2 outside of Ghosts. I feel like I already got my fill of it...

I don't like this whole constant remaster of maps that were already remastered recently.

Like we got Rust and Terminal in Infinite Warfare and we got Shipment in WWII and MWR.

Can we just like not? Or at least maps that haven't been remastered.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Now we just need to data mine the mtx and the op weapons that will be put in crates.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing Terminal listed made me remember how much I never liked that map. The only fun part was the plane, but no one went in there because you'd get lit up like a Christmas tree instantly.

I'm surprised Dome isn't there if they're going for nostalgia picks.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
After playing the beta and knowing some old maps are coming back it's gonna suck not having those maps back with the original music. The music and sfx make those maps.

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, there better be more than that if they not giving me MW2R.

and as fun as terminal is, it doesn't need to come back it's been remade twice already.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Acti treats new versions of old CoD maps like Nintendo treats Zelda remakes, they'll drip feed them to you in tiny quantities.
If we really get Terminal and Rust out of the MW2 collection, I'm pretty sure they'll the two above.

I also wouldn't get hopes up because Activision isnt suddenly going to stop making a CoD game every year either. Assuming a number of those are SP levels, thats enough content if something came once every 6-8 weeks for a couple of years.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Can you imagine looking at the array of great maps in Call of Duty 4 and thinking "Shipment, that's the one we want".