• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a single video of full campaign gameplay released? Like an actual mission being played?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

Zero interest in FPSes.
Zero interest in military/gun fetishism.
e26.jpg

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
How does voicechat work through cross play in this game? Some use their own alternative, but others just don't allow it. Asking because partner and I ended grabbing this in PS4, but brother in law plays on Xbox.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
How does voicechat work through cross play in this game? Some use their own alternative, but others just don't allow it. Asking because partner and I ended grabbing this in PS4, but brother in law plays on Xbox.

You'd have to use the in game voice chat which works cross platform.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
god damn it, i just got new client and paid £60 just for an 8h cod campaign, lol

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why you guys are lazily ganging up on someone who answered OPs question and stated why.
To be fair, the question implies that you had any interest to begin with.

If a DOTA 3 hype thread pops up, I'm not going to go inside and go like "Nah man, I hate and always hated MOBAs". I just wouldn't open the thread in the first place.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

Hey, at least it'll be good (I hope).
im hoping , i really enjoy COD SP campaigns a lot. Cod 4 and mw2 were just fantastic back in the day. And i really liked advanced and infinite warfare ones too. Surprisingly I though IW had solid character writing . Honestly sometimes i feel cod games are underrated , campaign wise . Just the sheer production values and set pieces. And it looks really good visually , considering it runs 60 fps on consoles.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda looking forward to the low ttk... fucking apex shield breaking battles are so frustrating...so tired of games turning into jumping short range reload dance fights.

Not sure why you guys are lazily ganging up on someone who answered OPs question and stated why.

It's the gun fetish comment...IT was a lazy drive by post that seemed to imply people who like this game are sickos.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
im hoping , i really enjoy COD SP campaigns a lot. Cod 4 and mw2 were just fantastic back in the day. And i really liked advanced and infinite warfare ones too. Surprisingly I though IW had solid character writing . Honestly sometimes i feel cod games are underrated , campaign wise . Just the sheer production values and set pieces. And it looks really good visually , considering it runs 60 fps on consoles.
Playing the Infinite Warfare campaign for the first time 3 months ago really reminded me that CoD campaigns were generally fucking great. I just love the sheer spectacle of them and they have cool setpieces but Infinite Warfare genuinely had some good writing and it had some pretty emotional moments too.

We all like to pretend that CoD games are just mass-produced shlock for the mainstream (let's face it, they kinda are), but you can tell Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer etc put actual effort into their campaigns and Infinity Ward in particular are known to've delivered the most memorable FPS campaigns in gaming history (MW, MW2).

The Infinity Ward now isn't the Infinity Ward of old, but considering some of the old talent that worked on MW2 are back on-board for this new MW, I'd imagine the campaign to be pretty good. It really does help that they've got Brian Bloom on-board writing this too. He was Reyes in Infinite Warfare and did the writing in that - easily the most stand-out CoD campaign of this gen so far tbh so I'm hoping this new one beats it out.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Playing the Infinite Warfare campaign for the first time 3 months ago really reminded me that CoD campaigns were generally fucking great. I just love the sheer spectacle of them and they have cool setpieces but Infinite Warfare genuinely had some good writing and it had some pretty emotional moments too.

We all like to pretend that CoD games are just mass-produced shlock for the mainstream (let's face it, they kinda are), but you can tell Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer etc put actual effort into their campaigns and Infinity Ward in particular are known to've delivered the most memorable FPS campaigns in gaming history (MW, MW2).

The Infinity Ward now isn't the Infinity Ward of old, but considering some of the old talent that worked on MW2 are back on-board for this new MW, I'd imagine the campaign to be pretty good. It really does help that they've got Brian Bloom on-board writing this too. He was Reyes in Infinite Warfare and did the writing in that - easily the most stand-out CoD campaign of this gen so far tbh so I'm hoping this new one beats it out.
That last part, i had no idea about Brian Bloom returing for this one too. Thats good to know.. And yeah COD games arent meaningful or thought provoking in a way that something like Ueda games, last of us are , Or they arent emotionally resonant like RDR 2 or W3 are. But still we dont really get high quality FPS campaigns on a consistent basis. That provides memorable set pieces and just sheer variety of environments levels . Battlefield games are good but they always drop the ball with single player campaigns. And Wolfenstein last two games were kinda disappointing . New Doom is good, but its entirely different approach to FPS design compared to modern shooters. I am just glad cod is making these super expensive campaigns , that we all know barely anyone plays

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
That last part, i had no idea about Brian Bloom returing for this one too. Thats good to know.. And yeah COD games arent meaningful or thought provoking in a way that something like Ueda games, last of us are , Or they arent emotionally resonant like RDR 2 or W3 are. But still we dont really get high quality FPS campaigns on a consistent basis. That provides memorable set pieces and just sheer variety of environments levels . Battlefield games are good but they always drop the ball with single player campaigns. And Wolfenstein last two games were kinda disappointing . New Doom is good, but its entirely different approach to FPS design compared to modern shooters. I am just glad cod is making these super expensive campaigns , that we all know barely anyone plays
Yeah I agree for sure, developers don't really bother with these super high-budget, multi-million dollar FPS campaigns anymore. The CoD series and maybe Battlefield is really the last bastion of this.

alejo0121

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, i got FPS fatigue + Activision bullshit.

I hope the game is good, has a decent campaign and no microtransactions... Maybe later I will try it