• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Turrican2

Oct 28, 2017
Hamburg
I might be the only one on this forum who still plays and loves BO4 Blackout mode with my friends several times a week...but especially after they removed Heavy Metal Heroes I am hungry for something new.
Preordered and HYYYYPED.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Cant wait to play SP campaign. Really enjoyed infinite warfare campaign. Could not care less about MP

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, for single player. Not really for multiplayer. I did not enjoy the beta at all. I do not like the TTK in this game.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited, love me some CoD and this feels and looks the best thus far.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hyped for sure. I stopped playing CoD after MW2 so..... But I will wait for the reviews.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Cautiously optimistic since I liked the beta and haven't played since BO1. Activision is too scummy for me to buy day one so I'll wait for reviews and impressions. The Spec Ops survival issue wasn't that big of a turnoff but the suspicions of game-altering micro-transactions is what worries me alongside the poor netcode.

Crazy that people are blindly buying this game day 1 but it is what it is.

Not excusing Activision/Infiinity Ward as COD is one game that doesn't need MTX at all due to the money it brings in through sales alone, but to be fair to them, COD games are packed with content. Its a great package for the amount of money you spend. I can see why people happily buy into it.

Hopefully there is no game altering MTX. I think I will pick it up next week. Haven't played a cod game since AW and have the itch for it, but at the same time I kind of got bored with the COD gameplay and I don't know whether after a few hours I'd just settle into my COD habits.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
I'm just interested in the campaign honestly. If, and only if the campaign gets somewhat good reviews, I will consider buying it if a good promotion appears, in a year or so.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i dont cod all that much anymore

just like with gears i just kinda fell off it

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I'm cautiously optimistic.
Really enjoyed the beta and alpha on PS4 and it helps I ain't played CoD since Blops 3.

However I don't think I need to be in there day 1, want to see the Activision fuckery with post launch mtx too.
I'll probably ask for this as a gift during xmas if wom after launch is good..

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Waiting till it's like 30 and only getting to play spec ops/survival with friends who are also waiting for it to drop in price. MW3 survival mode was the one thing I've been wishing they brought back. Disappointing it isn't on every MP map like MW3's.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Not really. Enjoyed the beta more than I thought, but I still don't know how many maps there will be and Xbox not getting the spec ops - survival mode is bullshit. Also, who's to say they won't poison it with loot boxes soon after launch?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Maybe in a sale after some months have passed IF they haven't put lootboxes in

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I enjoyed Ground War to my surprise, but was frustrated with too much else in the beta. It's a wait. I need to see the monetization plan in effect and to see if they'll actually buff the guns that were ass in the beta (looking at you, shotties and M19 pistol).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am not sure hyped is the word but I am certainly more interested in MW than previous CoD titles. I am just waiting to see what performance is like for 1X after the mixed beta, also what changes they make to Ground War to stop it being a cluster eff. Also, just waiting to see what MTX and lootbox stuff they sneak in after launch.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
Not hyped but looking forward to playing through the campaign. COD Mobile is scratching my MP itch.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know I thought it would be something kind of different but it's still just call of duty and I'm all call of duty out.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Waiting to hear about the netcode first. I'm not going through another shooter with shitty netcode again. I refuse.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in it because of Ray tracing support. Sounds strange to some people, but that's how I am.
But now, as this is a Blizzard-Activision game, after the Blitzchung incident: No buy for me.

DodgeAnon

Oct 25, 2017
The campaign will be a fun ride, but the gameplay will ultimately be exactly the same for the most part and given how they lead everyone to believe this was going to be a huge departure from the series and shake things up, that's very disappointing.

The multiplayer beta was an absolute mess as well. Same old Call of Duty issues with performance, net code, spawns, tick rates etc and Ground War felt like a Chinese knock off of Battlefield, it was not very good.

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
qfO7CSA.png

same.. I'm not supporting it.. It's not a first party game, and there should be parity across all platforms (regarding features, game modes etc). I don't blame Sony for accepting it (even MS wouldn't have turned it down) I blame Activision for offering it in the first place..

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
More like dreading it. I never liked Call of Duty; it's not for me. But I work video game retail and I have to deal with launch days and shit for a game I hate. Not my favorite time of the year.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not confirmed yet but they did it for black ops 4 and ww2, so expecting them to do it again tbh.

No, Black Ops 4 had the data on disc and could be played offline. However, it was probably some older build or something and you had to download a 55GB "update", so basically the game, on day 1 to play it online. It sucked but the claim that there was nothing on the disc is just wrong.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The install size on PC has put a bit of a downer on things honestly. I'll probably snap it up a week or two after launch though...

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah i think i'll probably buy it. I haven't played a COD properly since MW3 and haven't looked into this new one too much but there's something about it that intrests me.

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
not confirmed yet but they did it for black ops 4 and ww2, so expecting them to do it again tbh.
That discards completely the purpose of having a physical disc, at least for me.
I remember that the Infinity Warfare Legacy Edition on Xbox One had in the same disc all data for Infinity Warfare and then just a placeholder of 100mb for Modern Warfare Remastered, but I thought that that wasn't bad at all, and better than the code that came on the PS4 version.

Oct 27, 2017
No, Black Ops 4 had the data on disc and could be played offline. However, it was probably some older build or something and you had to download a 55GB "update", so basically the game, on day 1 to play it online. It sucked but the claim that there was nothing on the disc is just wrong.

Nope as far as I recall you needed to download a massive day one patch for BO4, even for offline content.

Oct 27, 2017
That discards completely the purpose of having a physical disc, at least for me.
I remember that the Infinity Warfare Legacy Edition on Xbox One had in the same disc all data for Infinity Warfare and then just a placeholder of 100mb for Modern Warfare Remastered, but I thought that that wasn't bad at all, and better than the code that came on the PS4 version.

Yep it's why I haven't been buying any Activision products lately, they did the same for Spyro.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
As always with Call of Duty I'll pick it up on sale at some point in the future just to play through the campaign

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played a CoD in years but I tried the beta and enjoyed it, ill be picking this up for sure.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nope, boycotting any and all Activision-Blizzard stuff until they change their tone with China.