• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
My interest is quite low. I've never come to COD for realism, and that seems to be the focus this year for some reason.

Hoping the rumors of Black Ops 5 next year are true, because Treyarch seems to make the COD games I enjoy most.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
The beta was the most fun I've had with a CoD title since Black Ops 2, I'm really looking forward to it (apart from that ridiculous file size).

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Nah
Fuck Activision/Blizzard and their bullshit. Especially after last week.
I wouldn't be in this thread if it wasn't for last week since COD doesn't interest me.

But after siding with the Chinese governement i will use every chance i have to speak out about this shitty company

Good point. Not like I was going to actually day 1 this anyways, but this cements it.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
First cod of the gen that I'm skipping. Beta felt really bad to me but I was still on the fence due to the SP, but after all the Hong Kong stuff I decided I'm going to avoid the game. Will probably watch a youtube playthrough of the campaign.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably buy it day 1. The beta got me really hyped up. Loved the added realism. Can't wait to go through the campaign, I've enjoyed all the MW ones.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
No hype. I wasn't particularly in love with the beta, but it grew on me. However, the PS4 exclusive mode, and the scent of loot boxes turned me away. I dropped my E3 special preorder and won't bother looking back until a few months in. If the micro-transactions don't smell too bad I may pick it up on sale.

ItsJonesy777

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, can't wait and it will be the first CoD I've bought in years. What I'm not looking forward to is the BS/P2W loot mechanics that follow a couple of months after release.....that's when I'll stop playing.

Loved everything about the BETA except some dodgy netcode (which we're still waiting for IW to address) and some directional sound that needs some tweaking.

Picked it up for $49 on pre-order also so couldn't say no at that price when it's generally $70+ for new release games in Australia.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited. I have been waiting for a modern setting and the return to the lower ttk. I still want MW2 remastered but it doesn't look like its happening.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get it on a sale for the SP at some point. What they did to Black Ops 4 was the last straw for me regarding CoD MP, never investing in that mode again. They fooled me once with the whole we won't sell weapons this time spiel, don't believe them for a second regarding MW, the fucking Remaster didn't even keep that shit out.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I've played through CoD 1, 2 and MW Remastered (through PS+). Have no interest in this one.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm hyped and have had it preordered. It was a blast in beta for me on PC and I'm glad there's crossplay so I can play with anyone if the PC community dies down.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I mean the last Battlefield just came out last year. DICE has been struggling with the 2 year schedule, what do you expect them to do in one?
I think the Battlefield community would be furious if DICE just suddenly dropped BFV for a new game after slipping schedule on so many free DLC dates and bug fixes. And I'd also hope that they would do something more ambitious than that now that new console hardware is coming next year.

I feel a mix of resignation and shame at my inevitable yearly CoD purchase, which seems like the proper response. There's still no replacement or substitute.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready!

Every year I'm there day 1. Taking off that Friday and the following Monday. It's pretty much tradition at this point, lol.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't really been interested in CoD since blops 2. Finding out that Mike Dean(!!!!) is working on some of the songs in the soundtrack is probably the most hype thing I've learned about the game so far. I would have considered buying it if it wasn't for it being Activision-Blizzard.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got it pre-ordered. I'm so excited to play with brain dead casuals in pubs for the next three months 🙄

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
0% Hyped. I stopped playing Call of Duty because I didn't like their practices with Microtransactions. It's also not on the Nintendo Switch so I can't play it anyway, the Nintendo Switch is the only console I own right now. Right now I'm playing Fortnite :)

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
0% Hyped. I stopped playing Call of Duty because I didn't like their practices with Microtransactions. It's also not on the Nintendo Switch so I can't play it anyway, the Nintendo Switch is the only console I own right now. Right now I'm playing Fortnite :)
So very confused that a user named "Windows-PC" typed this out.

But anyway....
I feel I should be hyped but I am just very engaged in a couple other games at the moment (Asgard's Wrath and Gears 5) that I'm not sure I can be bothered to stop playing them at this moment.

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Haven't played a Call of Duty since the first Black Ops. Somewhat enjoyed the beta, interested in the larger scale mode and coop.

Think I'm going to give it a shot. Cautiously optimistic.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I bought blops 4 after taking a couple years break from the franchise, and I regret it. I tried to convince myself that I liked it, but I realized I actually hated it. I know it didn't have a single player which may have been the problem, I dunno.

I'm done with COD though, and will not be getting MW. The beta did nothing for me. I think I'm just burned out on the formula.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
I've been going back and forth on whether to buy it. I haven't played a COD since the first BLOPS and I am more interested in the campaign than anything, the co-op looks like it could be fun though. Is there a sense of progress with the co-op, such as unlocking various things similar to how playing pvp has progression?

Brutalitops

Dec 6, 2017
They'll drop the game in exactly one year anyway. It's hard to get excited for such a short term game.
Well pretty much every single COD game going all the way back to COD4 still has enough players to play at any time you want, on consoles anyway. I played World at War online just last week.

With this one having cross play it'll be playable for a very long time

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
No hype.
My love for cod has been dead for a few years. Last one I bought was the special Infinite Warfare with modern warfare. Barely played either.
Won't make that mistake again.