• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

cod-modern-warfare-nvg.jpg

DETAILS:
  • All of the actors/voice actors in Modern Warfare are new. While some characters are returning, all actors playing them are new.
  • The new engine for Modern Warfare has been in development for over 5 years.
  • There is the ability to shoot through the wall is in this game. You can accidentally hit teammates behind walls if you aren't careful in campaign.
  • There's smaller scaled battles in the campaign, but also larger scale parts of the campaign. Taking over a base, hills, etc.
  • One side of the story is playing as a Tier 1 Operator alongside Price. Second side is CIA embed in the Middle East region.
  • Sgt. Kyle Gerrick on the Tier 1 Operator side (voiced by Chadwick Boseman of Black Panther fame) -- former British Army Officer. Now works domestic counter-terror and meets up with Captain Price. The other half of the story, you play as Alex.
  • Captain Price returns. It's a new take on him but pays tribute to who and what Price is.
  • Farrah is your commander on the other half of the story, in the Rebel Army. She did not choose to sign up for this, but the war came to her region.
  • Juggernaut Suit is back
CHARACTERS:

Kyle Gerrick:

Kyle Gerrick (voiced by Chadwick Boseman) is a former British Army Officer who joins the fight to fight side by side with Captain Price on the war going on around the world. He works in the counter terror division.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-11-at-6.19.48-PM-1024x494.png

Alex:

Alex is the character you play as for a second half of the campaign. Alex is a CIA embed sent to a country in the Middle East to fight alongside Rebel Fighters in the region.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-11-at-6.20.38-PM-1024x600.png

Farrah:

Farrah is the Commander of the Rebel Fighters and you will play alongside her during a half of the campaign, when you get to see the perspective of the rebel fighters in Modern Warfare. Farrah was not going to be in the Army but the war came to her region, and she had to take a stand.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-11-at-6.21.38-PM-1024x585.png

MULTIPLAYER:
During today's E3 Coliseum panel, Infinity Ward provided our first look at MW's multiplayer. These two screenshots are all in-game and while nothing too hugely special, the game continues to look solid visuals-wise. No direct feed screenshots unfortunately. These low-res ones will have to do.

Image-from-Tweetbot-1-1024x576.jpg

Image-from-Tweetbot-1-1024x576.png

There's more interviews to come in the next few days so I'll update the OP as necessary. Shame we won't get to see any gameplay. Really don't know why Infinity Ward are being all secretive with this game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
im so confused how they're revealing this game
It's wack, by now we'd have news on the beta, some hefty gameplay and a look at the campaign but we've got none of that. I think Sony not showing up to E3 this year really fucked IW over considering there's no chance they could have showed the game off at the MS conference due to the marketing rights sitting with Sony.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
It's wack, by now we'd have news on the beta, some hefty gameplay and a look at the campaign but we've got none of that. I think Sony not showing up to E3 this year really fucked IW over considering there's no chance they could have showed the game off at the MS conference due to the marketing rights sitting with Sony.
They're not showing anything else at E3?

Deleted member 52823

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
Shooting through the wall is interesting for multi in CoD. Hopefully not a copy of Siege mechanics, but more like classic gameplay with the ability to shoot through walls.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they being so secretive though? Genuinely curious. This isn't a scenario where the game is launching a year from now, it literally comes out in 4 months.

I was fully expecting an NBA Finals reveal this year too. It's june and still no MP teasing or anything

Doesn't help that Infinity Ward is the only CoD dev I really follow closely, it's been torture this year.

Edit: Whoa, the multiplayer reveal for Infinite Warfare wasn't until September. Okay then. 3 months to go

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Every other E3 saw Call of Duty gameplay demos, of the campaign or online. This one could not give us 5 minutes of a campaign mission games media folks saw 4 weeks ago. They mentioned at Geoff Keighleys panel that they want it to look perfect when they show it. I bet it looks just fine today.

This is one of my few disappointments of E3 this time. And I thought this E3 specifically had more games for me personally than last years.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking rad they got T'Challa

Don't know if I'll get this day one, but I'm very interested

It's 4 months away. If the game doesn't look perfect at this point then I don't even know what to say.

No gameplay of MP, campaign or spec ops. No details of a beta.

This is just so strange.
So many devs are playing coy with their releases this time around. I don't know what going on.

Oct 25, 2017
"Hey lets hype up a middle eastern female protagonist!"

"haha got you, you just play a white CIA douchebag in her squad"

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
"Hey lets hype up a middle eastern female protagonist!"

"haha got you, you just play a white CIA douchebag in her squad"
Honestly all the popular and loved characters are ones you don't play as in this series.
And most (if not all protagonists in Cod) don't speak at all, so feels kind of wasted to have her as the main character where it'll all be in first person where you'll never see your character.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly all the popular and loved characters are ones you don't play as in this series.
And most (if not all protagonists in Cod) don't speak at all, so feels kind of wasted to have her as the main character where it'll all be in first person where you'll never see your character.
This will have voiced protagonists, but definitely true that other characters are more important. And get more screen time (lol).

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
How dare you, who could forget the heroic exploits of...

**checks notes**

Roach in Modern Warfare 2!

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yes they do, what was the last CoD game you played?

I've played every Cod. I don't honestly remember the MC talking. Though I have not been a fan of the SP in Cod in ages so maybe I've just forgotten. Pretty sure it's usually just the supporting cast that have most of the exposure and voice work.

This will have voiced protagonists, but definitely true that other characters are more important. And get more screen time (lol).
It could be a huge change from past cods, but I expect it to just be like the rest.

How dare you, who could forget the heroic exploits of...

**checks notes**

Roach in Modern Warfare 2!
Lol, there are definitely fan favourites :p

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
So did Chadwick Boseman not wanna do full mocap? Why is he only voicing a character? Little strange, you'd think he would be in most of the marketing lol

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I just realized that there's a giant Call of Duty poster outside the E3 building of this game, only to be shown behind closed doors to the press.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I mean was just joking but you really think pre ordering a game that you have zero game off is a good thing?
This is CoD. They might add/remove one or two mechanics for each game, but the gunplay pretty much stays the same. I don't need to see the gameplay to know I'm going to like it.

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
I think its some sort of Sony Exclusive/Activison Problem to show at E3. Gameplay was always at E3 Sony press conference since the marketing deal.