• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
k19mojvwqss31.jpg

From the Modern Warfare subreddit.

Ever since the 175gb recommended specs came out people have been confused on the actual file size of the game. 175gb is what they expect the game to be at once all the post-launch content releases.

61GB makes sense for just the launch. Though if they expect 175gb by the end, makes me think they're planning a ton of post-launch stuff.

MAJOR UPDATE. TURNS OUT THE FIRST PRELOAD WAS JUST THE START.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Makes sense. I did think the 175GB is overboard for a game that's having post-launch content in its lifecycle at launch

deadlygantz

Oct 15, 2019
Gears 4 for instance. It was 100+ download in the end. To top that, Windows store doesn't allow backups.

xmassteps

Oct 30, 2017
Thank goodness for unlimited downloads*

*Side question: are unlimited download broadband packages rare in the US? I see people talking about data caps a lot and where I live, only the most basic packages still have them.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

*Side question: are unlimited download broadband packages rare in the US? I see people talking about data caps a lot and where I live, only the most basic packages still have them.

At least where I am (Upstate New York), I have Spectrum which has Unlimited.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
Cool. I can get this done on Thursday night and play on Friday then.

Genuinely don't understand the uproar about games of this size these days. It feels pretty standard at this point.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017

Most people have 1TB data cap.

At least where I am (Upstate New York), I have Spectrum which has Unlimited.
Just wait 5 years when deal with the FCC expires regarding Charter, Time Warner and Brighthouse merger, you should expect data cap with Spectrum.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would just straight up start offering separate download buttons for SP and MP in big ass games like this.

I have unlimited data caps, but I still would rather not spend time/bandwidth downloading 30/40 GB portions of a game that I would likely not be using at all.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-loading is up on Xbox, and is to start tomorrow on PS4.

According to reddit the file size on base xbox one is about 45gb.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a game download divided up like this before. 2 Campaign Packs, MP Pack, 2 Spec Ops Packs, and a Survival Pack. I wonder if you'll be able to pick and choose what to download after the preload is up

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wish we could choose what to install like Master Chief Collection. I mostly just wanna play MP.

Edit: Seems like we can! Very cool.

Last edited:

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Im not too yo to date with the technologies, but I am getting this game on disc for PS4.
Whats that mean for me?
Will it have to download a 100plus gb patch day 1?

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Will there be a preload option on Battle.net client? I still don't see any and we are just a few days from the release, my connection is not good enough for a day one download

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Ohhhh that's why our Internet was shit the other night lol. The Xbox must have been pre-downloading MW. We couldn't even watch a Youtube video. Mystery solved!

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Im not too yo to date with the technologies, but I am getting this game on disc for PS4.
Whats that mean for me?
Will it have to download a 100plus gb patch day 1?
If it's anything like Black Ops 4, then yes. That had literally almost nothing on the disc and the entire game was a Day 1 download.

Robert81

Nov 2, 2017
I believe Assassins Creed Odyssey is 140 GB with all of its expansion. I was debating to buy it the other day.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Will there be a preload option on Battle.net client? I still don't see any and we are just a few days from the release, my connection is not good enough for a day one download

There has been preload for every BNet game thus far so this should have one too. Expect it to start today or Monday.