• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

(Click for general game info.)

🖥️ System requirements:
codmwsysreqs1xjus.jpg

(See this page for more detailed information.)

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

📊 Benchmarks:
ComputerBase (German; launch build)
GameGPU (Russian; launch build)
Overclock3D (English; launch build)
Overclock3D (English; launch build; ray tracing-specific)
PC Games Hardware (German; launch build)
TechPowerUp (English; launch build)

📊 Performance guides:
Nvidia (English; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Note #2: The game will crash if you attempt to change settings while RTSS is running. (Credit to Xiaomi.)
Fix render resolution value resetting after leaving the options menu: Disable DSR/VSR.

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:

Display mode: Windowed; Fullscreen; Fullscreen borderless; Fullscreen extended window
Display monitor: Self-explanatory
Display adapter: Self-explanatory
Screen refresh rate: Self-explanatory
Render resolution: x% -> 200% in increments of 1%
Display resolution: Self-explanatory
Aspect ratio: Automatic; 16:10; 16:9; 21:9; 32:9
Sync every frame: Disabled/Enabled
Custom frame rate limit: Unlimited/Custom
Gameplay custom frame rate limit: 30fps -> 300fps in increments of 10fps

Menu custom frame rate limit: 30fps -> 300fps in increments of 10fps
Out-of-focus custom frame rate limit: 5fps -> 30fps in increments of 10fps
Nvidia Highlights: Disabled/Enabled
SDR colour space: 2.2 (sRGB)/2.4 (BT1886)
Texture resolution: Very Low; Low; Normal; High
Texture filter anisotropic: Low; Low; Normal; High
Particle quality: Low/High
Bullet impacts: Disabled/Enabled
Tessellation: Disabled; Near; All

Shadow map resolution: Low; Normal; High; Extra
Cache spot shadows: Disabled/Enabled
Cache sun shadows: Disabled/Enabled
Particle lighting: Low; Normal; High; Ultra
DirectX ray tracing: Disabled/Enabled
Ambient occlusion: Disabled; Dynamic objects (MDAO); Static objects (GTAO); Both
Anti-aliasing: Off; SMAA 1x; SMAA T2x; Filmic SMAA T2x
Depth of field: Disabled/Enabled
Filmic strength: 0.0 -> 1.0 in increments of 0.05
World motion blur: Disabled/Enabled
Weapon motion blue: Disabled/Enabled
Film grain: 0.0 -> 1.0 in increments of 0.05

Last edited:

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
The game still forces itself into high priority mode when you launch it so if you're having performance issues and your computer is coming to a complete crawl that's why. You can go into task manager to set it back to normal but you have to do this each time you launch the game.

I already have a bug as well that I'm curious if others have and that is while the game is in fullscreen I can't alt tab and access my other monitor. The game totally hijacks everything and I have to press alt+enter to put it into windowed mode just to use it.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I could bench it if it would even load. /shrugs I get stopped after doing audio and quick setup, it tries to connect online, and times out. Can't do anything else.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Something is completely broken with the framepacing for me. If I look up at the sky or walk near a wall my GPU usage cuts almost in half and the game stutters like crazy. I have a 9700k @ 5ghz and a RTX 2060 with the newest drivers. All cutscenes for me are also like this.

Nov 8, 2017
Menu performance is good. Launch sound is obnoxiously loud. Still can't bind mouse button 3 to push to talk. Will try to update when in game.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Something is completely broken with the framepacing for me. If I look up at the sky or walk near a wall my GPU usage cuts almost in half and the game stutters like crazy. I have a 9700k @ 5ghz and a RTX 2060 with the newest drivers. All cutscenes for me are also like this.

I think new drivers came out today for it. Do you have that one?

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
So how's the raytracing? Normally I'd be all over any game using it but in the footage we've seen so far there were quite a lot of missing shadows.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I think new drivers came out today for it. Do you have that one?
Yep. I haven't tried MP yet but I don't want to restart to try and tinker with stuff since it took over 2 hours just to get into the servers. There's a tunnel that you have to walk through in the second mission and it just turns into a slide show for me. Anything that has me walk near a wall or even climbing up a ladder it happens.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Game runs at a locked 60fps at 1440p with everything maxed out except Ray Tracing is disabled during gameplay.
Titan xP
3900x
32 Gb ram
Only 1 cutscene I noticed a significant drop

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Rtx 2080 at 1440p 16gb ddr4 ram with an i5-8600k @5ghz.

Everything at the highest setting with RT on I'm getting about 70-100fps so far on campaign. Most recent drivers.

I'm also having some issues with cutscenes and random slowdowns during scripted scenes.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Mid 100's down in the 80s-90s sometimes.
1440p, all maxed settings, ray tracing on
Ryzen 7 3700x
GTX 2080ti
32GB RAM
Samsung EVO 970

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
So how's the raytracing? Normally I'd be all over any game using it but in the footage we've seen so far there were quite a lot of missing shadows.

It's unbelievably good. The lighting feels really natural. In some scenes, like walking under lampposts, ray tracing really shines.

NVidia did a really bad job at showcasing it.

Getting around 90fps @ 1080p with an RTX 2070 Super with max settings.

This is easily the best looking game on PC right now.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

This is what the stuttering looks like for me. Minor spoilers.

Edit: For anybody that cares I disabled DEP for the MW exe under security exploits in Windows and it fixed it for me.

Last edited:

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Is your GPU overclocked? This game uncovered an unstable overclock for me. Had to drop my clock speeds by 30 MHz.

Thanks, I tweaked down a little bit and it solved the issue but it's kinda odd because it was a pretty stable and safe overclock that I've been using ever since I got the card.

Another issue I'm having is that shader loading symbol (red or orange) pops out on left and it makes the game freeze for a moment, I waited for it to install beforehand.

Onliner

Oct 29, 2017
Game was totally unplayable with tons of input lag and hitching and crashing until I changed CPU priority to Normal. Did not have this issue in beta.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I tweaked down a little bit and it solved the issue but it's kinda odd because it was a pretty stable and safe overclock that I've been using ever since I got the card.

Yeah I did a bunch of stress testing when overclocking a few days ago and dropped my overclock 10 MHz below that and thought I was good. Then MW came along and I had to drop it again. Started by dropping another 10 and it was still unstable. Ended up dropping 30 MHz just to be safe.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
My first ray tracing game and I am fucking floored... this is some next gen stuff dammmm

La Fawn Duh

Apr 3, 2018
Ye second mission and the following cutscene seems to freeze for like 5 sec again and lip sync is completly broken after this aswell. Wtf

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
So I've noticed major issues with multiplayer. It's as if the game is continuing to download shaders even after it finishes. Certain parts of the map play at 120fps while others drop down to 50-60 with crazy judder.

Going to try and reinstall the shaders but I've had a crash or two while doing that.

Edit: had low latency turned on in the Nvidia control panel. Turning it off helped my multiplayer issues.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Getting massive hitching in cutscenes, dont know whats causing this

Yeah I'm getting a lot of hitching in cutscenes and bad screen tearing too. I fixed the tearing by enabling vsync but I wasn't getting any tearing at all in-game with it off. The gameplay (in the campaign mind you) is buttery smooth on my 2070S, 8700K at 1440P. Those cutscenes are a mess though.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, campaign is fucking broken for me with these cutscenes. I just had one freeze so long I thought the game had crashed.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
The game looks incredible, I can't say I'm %100 sure what the RT does exactly but it must be doing something because the first mission was a lighting/shadow show and it blew my mind but unfortunately other stuff is not smooth. During the second cut scene game literally freezes, sometimes subtitles stay in the center of the screen. Performance is good but this shader loading stuff is annoying and it's happening in the middle of gameplay.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
My game is looking like my game isnt rendering properly for some reason its realy odd had all the updates and drivers installed and its still off

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Does anyone know how to get rid of the "shadow noise" that's all over weapons and objects, it's so fucking annoying, in the beta I only had to disable AA, but here literally nothing is fixing it -_-

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Game runs beautifully. Playing at 3440x1440, Ultra Settings, RTX on. Using a 9900k and 2080 Ti. Here's some gameplay of the second mission.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
bxopWaw.jpg

Here is the issue im having...Some times it loads fine but then some times it just does this max settings everything on i have no clue whats causing this

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, all of my environments and characters are low poly even though I'm running at max settings, nothing seems to fix it either. Strange.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Glad to hear can't wait to try out for myself after work. How they managed to get RT to work for such low cost must be magic

Well, not to take anything away from IW, but the Ray Traced shadows are the most performant thing they could have done.

A game like Control or Metro, using more intense implementations, like Global Illumination, Reflections, and other options, are much more intensive, but also much more transformative of the overall picture. would love to see them patch in some more RTX features later, even just reflections, or an SSAO replacement.