• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This is probably going to be the highest selling COD title of this gen or the 2nd highest selling after Black Ops III (correct me if wrong)

6,28 million views on Twitter

4,6 million views on YouTube

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
The positive reception this game has received off just one trailer is insane.

Activision can't afford to fuck this up.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Nothing on Battle Royale which is good. Play to your strengths, Infinity Ward.

BGaun

Mar 17, 2019
If they actually keep their promise with no season pass and free DLC that would be great. Loved the original Modern Warfare a lot, hoping it can live up to that but I'm not holding my breath.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i kinda forgot how big MW3 was at the time. first i was a little surprised by the reception but then was like "oh, yeah"

not really into CoD but usually slip into the hype one way or another. i think i'll allow myself to get suckered again (skipped all since blops3) campaign can't be too shabby at least

Oct 28, 2017
California
Seen this trailer a bunch of times myself, nostalgia is a mother fucker.

Captain Price being back alone would get me to buy this game, but a heavy emphasis on a single player campaign, back to a modern setting, cross-play, AND no season pass? Sign me the fuck up.

However, I can't shake this feeling that Activision is going to find some way to fuck it up somehow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotal but on most Facebook pages, groups, even the Italian side of the official COD page is always full of people trashing what COD became. Now people are truly excited to be back at the "real war", to a classic franchise, to no more jetpacks and unicorn outfits but the real deal. People have been craving for this, now it's the devs' job to deliver a good game.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
COD still going strong, not gonna lie, the free DLC has got me interested, normally i pass on COD.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
After seeing the trailer, I'm not surprised by those numbers.

Bringing back Price, new engine, cross play and a gorgeous trailer...I'm actually excited for this, quite more than I've been in the past 6 years.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
Absolutely beyond me how this is generating hype but hey ho, whatever floats people's boat. I'm surprised people can remember any of the characters from these games, let alone label this Price guy as iconic.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely beyond me how this is generating hype but hey ho, whatever floats people's boat. I'm surprised people can remember any of the characters from these games, let alone label this Price guy as iconic.
I love me some CoD but I agree wholeheartedly with your second point. Who the fuck cares about Price or "Ghost"? All I remember from Price is that he had a hillarious over-the-top accent and that he is a chainsmoker.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
People are hyped for cross play and no season pass

I actually kinda am. I wanted to try the remaster's multiplayer but no one was ever on on PC. I've not played very much CoD multiplayer but I never buy the newest and latest one. I just can't justify the price for a game I won't play a ton. But this...hmmmm....

Yeah, recentlyish played through MWR for the first time, and boy everyone was so forgettable. It feels like people get emotional highs for an admittedly decent campaign, and then sort of project onto the characters more gravitas than they actually had. But I could just be out of touch. I don't know. The characters just seemed unexceptional and really didn't seem to have any time to get developed as characters.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how does this compare with the Death Stranding trailer? I remember a thread a few days with someone saying it had the most number of likes in a short amount of time, or something to that effect.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I mean that's nostalgia for you, I skipped out on bo4 which is the first cod I never bought but I haven't been excited for a new game in years, I went from day 1 buys and constant play back before black ops 2 to $20 eBay purchases and never actually even playing them. Yet I find myself wanting this day 1 for multiple reasons, number one amongst them being modern warfare. Cod will be cod, Activision will for sure find a way to make me hate everything about it but they haven't shown it to me yet. With them or our other favorite pub on the internet there's always something.

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I love me some CoD but I agree wholeheartedly with your second point. Who the fuck cares about Price or "Ghost"? All I remember from Price is that he had a hillarious over-the-top accent and that he is a chainsmoker.

Yeah it's a pretty fun series overall but Modern Warfare has now built up this mystique surrounding it after all these years that doesn't feel entirely justified. I'd love to be surprised and this blows me away though!

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's a pretty fun series overall but Modern Warfare has now built up this mystique surrounding it after all these years that doesn't feel entirely justified. I'd love to be surprised and this blows me away though!

Honestly I have the same opinion as you, but for some reason this trailer kinda got me in a more movie like way that I'm not used to game trailers getting me. Not sure why. I think a lot of game trailers often have a tiny underlying awkwardness to them. Even big budget cinematic games. But this trailer felt very movie like to me, and somehow kinda got me hyped. I hope it's got a lot of story because man I got bored a lot during MW1. It was a fun game, but I couldn't do it in one setting and don't really intend on replaying.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
In what sense is it not justified? What would it take to be justified? The game was a commercial and critical success.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
So how does this compare with the Death Stranding trailer? I remember a thread a few days with someone saying it had the most number of likes in a short amount of time, or something to that effect.

In terms of views, CoD is outpacing it, in terms of likes - DS is currently doing better by number and ratio - but don't expect it to hold. Either way, CoD metrics are always very high annually so this is nothing to slouch off at.

The strength of CoD's metrics won't be apparent at this stage anyway. Any tentpole AAA game that is highly appealing with strong mainstream appeal has no real difficulty getting the first 10 million views in terms of metrics.

The measure of metrics for something like CoD is how they get the next 20/30 million views after the first 10 million.