• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Users who played the Modern Warfare Beta on PS4, who have linked their PSN, Xbox Live, and Battle Net accounts on the same COD Account, are reporting that their levels and progression are showing up on all platforms.

The game is confirmed to support Cross Play between all platforms, but Activision and Infinity Ward said they were just "exploring" the idea of Cross Progression saves. They have not officially confirmed it as of now.
DaringFeminineDodo-size_restricted.gif

I hope this sticks around for the full release but this is a pretty great development.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Yeah, I noticed that my progress from the PS4 beta carried over to PC when I started up.

I was pleasantly surprised

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
That's pretty damn awesome. I'm so hoping that this starts to become the norm in all multiplayer games going forward.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I was waiting to find this out when I got home today. Multiplatform users getting that advantage. This may actually get me to get it for all platforms at some point if there's a sale. Good stuff Infinity Ward.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Does cod finally go f2p next gen with crossplay progression? Just have expansion passes for maps and a battle pass ala fortnite for all the cosmetic stuff

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome! See, this is the kind of shit that makes it more likely for me to double-dip on games: knowing that no matter which platform I'm on my progress carries over.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
That's fucking awesome. first Destiny and now COD. I hope even more games do this.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
Good feature add even if I won't use it since I'm not double-dipping. Hopefully cross-buy solutions are being thought of as well for implementation in the near future.