• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one posted it here but the franchise reached 300 million sold. In 2016 which was the last year they revealed the information, it had 250 million.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Only 50 million since 2015 seems low to me? Unless their over 300 million means much more than that.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'll buy their next game if it has a campaign. Love all there games due to their(most of time) fantastic action packed campaigns.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Good milestone. But Call of Duty should have been on mobile years ago.

Hopefully, this year's entry can grab me like Blops 1 did. Haven't played anything in the franchise since then.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
While I have fell out of love with the series since Black Ops 2, I can respect the hustle. A franchise that has held on for a long time.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
wonder if Mobile will catch on. tipped me towards buying more activision shares but i could see it being a little after the fact at this point

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all the shit these games bring in the form of microtransactions, asset reuses and balancing... they are still some of the most consistently great shooters around. Even the worst CODs are mechanically excellent shooters that just feel awesome to play. I got the last 7 COD games on day one and most prior ones a bit after launch, and while I'm not happy with some of the ways BO4 was handled, it's also a game I keep going back to, and realistically I'll probably be there for the next chapter, too. Again, many things are wrong with this franchise, but after playing games like anything in the Black Ops series, jumping to other shooters (with the exception of very few like Doom 2016) feels slow, awkward, almost unfun. Even Battlefield feels slow and unprecise in comparison. They nailed the gameplay so damn good, and it's one of the reasons the success is well deserved. Mechanically there's not many games that are better.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
50 million over 3 years seem kinda low. Late to the show for Call of Duty mobile.

That's still like 15 million copies per game, plus maybe another 5 for the older ones in the meantime. Considering they also make crazy money with the microtransactions and they also have the F2P stuff in Asia and COD Mobile (which do not count for copies sold), seems like they're fine.

Phantom88

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Only 50 million since 2015 seems low to me? Unless their over 300 million means much more than that.

The 250 million mark is from february 2016, not 2015. That means Infinite Warfare, WW2 and Blak Ops 4 sold in excess of 50 million. Thats a gigantic sale number, its not low. And Infinite Warfare was probably the lowest selling entry in 10 years. It underperformed.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
The 250 million mark is from february 2016, not 2015. That means Infinite Warfare, WW2 and Blak Ops 4 sold in excess of 50 million. Thats a gigantic sale number, its not low. And Infinite Warfare was probably the lowest selling entry in 10 years. It underperformed.
MWR needs to be included as well.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I had assumed it'd sold more given how popular it used to be and perhaps still is. That's quite the milestone though. It does seem like things are slowing down, but it was the biggest thing for a while and others have moved into the limelight.

I have fond memories of playing the early games, then Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 with friends, among others. I also enjoyed Black Ops 3 a lot recently, but only played a little of Advanced Warfare and didn't play the remaster. I still need to go back and beat them, just haven't felt up to it.

Black Ops 4 did nothing for me. Absolutely nothing. I got it for my birthday, played it for a couple of days and ended up deleting it to free up space. The multiplayer bored me, I've never liked Zombies despite trying, and Blackout was dull. From now on, if there's no campaign I'm not even going to bother.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
NBA playoffs means two things, new COD getting announced and the Thunder looking like chumps.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That's a crazy milestone for the franchise. I mainly put in time with MW1 and especially MW2. The whole fall out with Infinity Ward really Turned me off from the franchise and MW3 was a let down. BO3 was really good though and I'm glad I took a chance and jumped into that game.

Assenzio

Alt account
Banned
Mar 18, 2019
2016, not 2015. That is a hue number since does not count the launch of Inifity Warfare. Basically BO4 and WW2 sold at least 20 millions each. And Inifity Warfare for probably the one that sold less in 6 years

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018

And it could be easily 305 or even 310 million

OP
OP

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's kinda insane if you compare the years and amount of titles all 3 games have. Call of Duty is well behind in terms of years and installments. Impressive

Yeah, it's very impressive. Surpassing Mario is difficult but I don't doubt the franchise surpassing Pokémon someday. Even if I find it difficult as pokémon is basically a annual franchise with mainline games that sell over 10 million so the advantage keeps on.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
+ Backlog sales.
Especially CoD: BOIII