• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, there was a private video discovered on the CoD youtube that was in the Season Two playlist but it got removed from the playlist a few minutes ago but the video is still around. 🤔
tenor.gif

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Not sure if people saw these rumors from yesterday, saying COD partners/Streamers really disliked their first impressions of the game and now Activision is making last minute cuts and changes, with possibly delaying the release by a bit. Again all just rumors stills.

And another related post that shows evidence for and against the above rumors.

The last thing I want to do is play a game that was heavily swayed in favor of Dr.Disrespect's feedback. That guy worked on one of the worst CoD titles anyways.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Welp past 10am PST which is the most used time by Activision for CoD announcements, so looks like today isn't the day. At this point I'm leaning towards Activision just having content creators release gameplay on March 2nd or something with the release the following day.

yeah I'm getting over the hype now I went back to playing MW to get ready for the br mode now I feel like I could care less if it comes out.

The last thing I want to do is play a game that was heavily swayed in favor of Dr.Disrespect's feedback. That guy worked on one of the worst CoD titles anyways.

He was a map designer and his maps are infinitely better than any of the maps from IW. modern warfare was ruined designing the game around casuals and safe spaces.

at least advanced warfare has a skill gap.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
yeah I'm getting over the hype now I went back to playing MW to get ready for the br mode now I feel like I could care less if it comes out.

He was a map designer and his maps are infinitely better than any of the maps from IW. modern warfare was ruined designing the game around casuals and safe spaces.

Advanced Warfare was pure shit. And no.Almost all of the best Call of Duty maps in the series have come from CoD4/MW2. That was infinity ward was it not? (I could be wrong)

By skill gap you mean who can jump more? From a competitive POV, all CoD titles feel the same. For causal play, who knows. It's all camping anyways.

Dr. DemandsNoRespect always acts like his opinion is somehow the end all be all. He whines in literally every game he gets outplayed in, and chalks it up to "bad design". Just because he made decent maps on a shitty, one dimensional title, doesn't make him some game design god.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
This shit ain't coming out til April, just get used to it.

A buddy of mine looked at their earnings call or whatever and Activision said they are expecting a soft Q1 and a very strong Q2 & Q3. So he made me believe this is all just about money and taxes

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This shit ain't coming out til April, just get used to it.

A buddy of mine looked at their earnings call or whatever and Activision said they are expecting a soft Q1 and a very strong Q2 & Q3. So he made me believe this is all just about money and taxes
Wouldn't make sense to tease it this early and have a bunch of the files in game if it was going to release April.I think at latest the reveal will be 3rd. They keep adding 3/3 stuff to the game.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Advanced Warfare was pure shit. And no.Almost all of the best Call of Duty maps in the series have come from CoD4/MW2. That was infinity ward was it not? (I could be wrong)

By skill gap you mean who can jump more? From a competitive POV, all CoD titles feel the same. For causal play, who knows. It's all camping anyways.

Dr. DemandsNoRespect always acts like his opinion is somehow the end all be all. He whines in literally every game he gets outplayed in, and chalks it up to "bad design". Just because he made decent maps on a shitty, one dimensional title, doesn't make him some game design god.

lmao you do know this isn't the old infinity ward anymore right? they haven't made a good game since mw2 when everyone left 😂

I can see why casuals don't like AW the advanced movement gave the game a higher skill ceiling. You also seem to know nothing about competitive or pubs apparently 🤷🏽.

the maps in MW are the worst in the series.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
lmao you do know this isn't the old infinity ward anymore right? they haven't made a good game since mw2 when everyone left 😂

I can see why casuals don't like AW the advanced movement gave the game a higher skill ceiling. You also seem to know nothing about competitive or pubs apparently 🤷🏽.

Most people disliked AW because it was lame. Wall running and jet packs are fucking dumb for CoD. Play TitanFall or Apex if thats the shit you're about. AW got away from what CoD great.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Most people disliked AW because it was lame. Wall running and jet packs are fucking dumb for CoD. Play TitanFall or Apex if thats the shit you're about. AW got away from what CoD great.

AW didn't have wall running lmao and cod got stale. Apex also has no wall running lol.

I never said AW was amazing I was just pointing out the maps are better than in MW and advanced movement has a higher skill ceiling both of which are pretty much facts.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019

We're talking about the whole series. I don't care who split when. The best maps are the OG titles. I couldn't care less where they've ended up at now.

The movement in AW wasn't complicated at all, but I'm sure causal players didn't like it (neither did "pro" players hence the boots-on-the-ground campaign post AW).

And I almost surely know more about CoD competitive than you, but I'm not going to argue it. There's no need to. Pubs? Probably not.

The maps are bad in MW, but complaining and not adjusting to them sounds like a L2P issue my man.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
AW didn't have wall running lmao and cod got stale. Apex also has no wall running lol.

I never said AW was amazing I was just pointing out the maps are better than in MW and advanced movement has a higher skill ceiling both of which are pretty much facts.

Ah I must be thinking of infinite warfare.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
This has been ridiculous just reveal it already 😩

Those new rumors are sus but there's been so much "info" being dumped idk what to lean towards anymore

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Ugh I was excited for this but all the extra shit they've tossed in is turning me off. Give me some kind of classic mode.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't make sense to tease it this early and have a bunch of the files in game if it was going to release April.I think at latest the reveal will be 3rd. They keep adding 3/3 stuff to the game.

Does it make sense? Of course not. Clearly.

Yet here we are.

None of this makes sense, so instead of keep hoping for it to, go to where the real facts are Finances.

No games are surprises because we have publicly available financial data. Why would Activision say they are expecting a very soft Q1 while also simultaneously putting out a massive hotly anticipated BR mode??

Devs can "lie" to us.
The company cannot "lie" to investors.

If you don't believe me, go find the other gigantic cash cow Activision is going to put out in Q2 of this year. They are going to let season 2 run its course for awhile more or potentially til it's over, them have a big bang for 3 with Warzone.

Edit: screenshot of report
OtW4uyo_d.jpg

They also say this year's cod won't sell as good as MW and a slew of other things. Look I really really want it to happen and play,but maybe the writing has been on the wall and everyone just doesn't wanna read it

investor.activision.com

Activision Blizzard | Activision Blizzard Announces Fourth-Quarter and 2019 Financial Results

The Investor Relations website contains information about Activision Blizzard's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.

Last edited:

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We're talking about the whole series. I don't care who split when. The best maps are the OG titles. I couldn't care less where they've ended up at now.

The movement in AW wasn't complicated at all, but I'm sure causal players didn't like it (neither did "pro" players hence the boots-on-the-ground campaign post AW).

And I almost surely know more about CoD competitive than you, but I'm not going to argue it. There's no need to. Pubs? Probably not.

The maps are bad in MW, but complaining and not adjusting to them sounds like a L2P issue my man.

actually we started discussing dr disrespect designing games and how you have some hate boner for him apparently.

Here's your quote that I responded to

all I said was is doc designed better maps than the IW devs on MW and the game he worked on also has a higher skill ceiling. so let's not move goal posts now the discussion was never about the best cods.

I responded why doc is more trustworthy than whoever they got doing design at IW now considering the maps in MW are terrible.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Steamers gave insight and feedback to Apex and it worked out great. Some of the changes made sense from feedback provided.

With the crazy random gameplay elements leaked for warfare, I'm sure steamers gave some bad feedback on it if it played as it sounded. I wouldn't be surprised if it's being reworked some. And that isn't a bad thing at all, especially if a high amount was negative on some of the aspects.

I also think Activision jacked up the reveal and put out that trailer way earlier than they should have and created this mess. It seems like it wasn't intended for a release date as early as the trailer led people to believe.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Does it make sense? Of course not. Clearly.

Yet here we are.

None of this makes sense, so instead of keep hoping for it to, go to where the real facts are Finances.

No games are surprises because we have publicly available financial data. Why would Activision say they are expecting a very soft Q1 while also simultaneously putting out a massive hotly anticipated BR mode??

Devs can "lie" to us.
The company cannot "lie" to investors.

If you don't believe me, go find the other gigantic cash cow Activision is going to put out in Q2 of this year. They are going to let season 2 run its course for awhile more or potentially til it's over, them have a big bang for 3 with Warzone.

Edit: screenshot of report
OtW4uyo_d.jpg

They also say this year's cod won't sell as good as MW and a slew of other things. Look I really really want it to happen and play,but maybe the writing has been on the wall and everyone just doesn't wanna read it

investor.activision.com

Activision Blizzard | Activision Blizzard Announces Fourth-Quarter and 2019 Financial Results

The Investor Relations website contains information about Activision Blizzard's business for stockholders, potential investors, and financial analysts.
I'll wait for the third.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Guessing the 4:30 conference call may shed some light on numerous topics including Warzone.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
All I can say about this is that it really seems like they jumped the gun with this 'tease' if we are not getting any actual announcement till the 3rd.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Another 5 day wait till the next notable date. March 3rd will be here in no time hopefully the speculation hype train drip feeds us some more. This have been very entertaining to follow lol.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The worst thing about the wait isn't the wait itself, it's that Activision is playing stupid by not announcing anything. Something like a Season 2 intro teaser, followed by an official announcement with a release date for early March a week later just would have been a way better plan in my opinion. Instead they dropped that S2 intro teaser only to go quiet for weeks.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't that long of a wait if you're realize that is just one month (and we talking about the shortest month of the year). The problem is that we live in a world where Apex had that crazy launch.
The worst thing about the wait isn't the wait itself, it's that Activision is playing stupid by not announcing anything. Something like a Season 2 intro teaser, followed by an official announcement with a release date for early March a week later just would have been a way better plan in my opinion. Instead they dropped that S2 intro teaser only to go quiet for weeks.
Basically this. It's not that long of a wait, but it's like they didn't expect us to piece together what they were hinting at. I think adding the 'Classified' section on the main menu was also a mistake. The teaser in the S2 trailer, with a follow up to look for the official announcement at X/X date and we'd be good.

The teaser in the S2 trailer, with the menu option added, and then radio silence is just silly.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
What call? I dont see anything listed on their website. I thought they're releasing their 10-K tomorrow

It says it halfway down the page.....

Conference Call

Today at 4:30 p.m. EST, Activision Blizzard's management will host a conference call and webcast to discuss the company's results for the quarter ended December 31, 2019 and management's outlook for the remainder of the calendar year. The company welcomes all members of the financial and media communities and other interested parties to visit https://investor.activision.com to listen to the conference call via live Webcast or to listen to the call live by dialing into 800-367-2403 in the U.S. with passcode 2945091. A replay of the call will also be available after the call's conclusion and archived for one year at https://investor.activision.com/events.cfm.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
They just added the "Incoming Transmission" text on the classified text Tuesday. If this is quarter two I'd be stunned.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically this. It's not that long of a wait, but it's like they didn't expect us to piece together what they were hinting at. I think adding the 'Classified' section on the main menu was also a mistake. The teaser in the S2 trailer, with a follow up to look for the official announcement at X/X date and we'd be good.

The teaser in the S2 trailer, with the menu option added, and then radio silence is just silly.
I think there is a possibility that they delayed it last minute. There are rumors going around (which seem to have been getting more and more confirmations) that some COD partners like DrDisrespect played it and didnt like it and theyre making changes such as health regen and nerfing killstreaks. In the datamines there were still references to things like health kits and in the training lobby that people glitched into last week you can find syringes in the loot box.
If those rumors are true, that means that they changed a bunch of stuff and possibly delayed it because the training lobby that was locked behind the classified menu came out with S2.

Conference Call

Today at 4:30 p.m. EST, Activision Blizzard's management will host a conference call and webcast to discuss the company's results for the quarter ended December 31, 2019 and management's outlook for the remainder of the calendar year. The company welcomes all members of the financial and media communities and other interested parties to visit https://investor.activision.com to listen to the conference call via live Webcast or to listen to the call live by dialing into 800-367-2403 in the U.S. with passcode 2945091. A replay of the call will also be available after the call's conclusion and archived for one year at https://investor.activision.com/events.cfm.
Look at the top, this is as of February 6th. The conference call was their earnings call that day. I'm expecting they're releasing their 10-K to the SEC tomorrow and would reference Warzone there, which is why I was thinking they'll announce it prior to the release. They've consistently released their 10-K on 02/28 the last couple of years which is why i'm thinking its coming tomorrow

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Conference Call

So anything during the call?

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Call of Duty has almost no presence at PAX East, coming from someone who walked the floor today. They're in a few booths with playable multiplayer demos, but nothing significant. It's just a few computer hardware manufacturers demoing graphics cards and peripherals with the latest games and CoD happens to be one of them.

Anyway, one of the embargoes that Easy Allies mentioned was on Baldur's Gate 3. I believe the other one has not yet been revealed.

Bloodroots Review & Baldur's Gate 3 Preview were the two embargoed things they had go up today.

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
So yesterday like I posted it was found that a private video was added to the Season 2 Playlist on youtube, but was removed from the playlist (not deleted) after like a few minutes of it being discovered.

Now a few minutes ago it was discovered there's now 2 private videos in the Season 2 Playlist. 🤔

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So yesterday like I posted it was found that a private video was added to the Season 2 Playlist on youtube, but was removed from the playlist (not deleted) after like a few minutes of it being discovered.

Now a few minutes ago it was discovered there's now 2 private videos in the Season 2 Playlist. 🤔

1 is likely Warzone
2 is likely the new MP map

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

I'd disconnect his character directly from his map making skills. Some of the best maps in IW were also ones he worked on.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
I'm mentally ready for tuesday. I've already decided its clearly the day we get the official announcement. Nothing can stop me from believing that at this point lol.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg