• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Apex had to implement a penalty for leavers. Currently it's only in ranked and basically makes you wait until your banner times out.

Unranked doesn't have it yet and people will straight leave before a revive (only knocked). I don't usually have issues with randoms and meet a lot of good players; however this is one it the reasons I prefer rank in that game.

I don't think randoms will stick around to bet or 1v1 when they can bounce and re-queue back into full action, especially if they blamed their team on death.
Well yeah randims will bail most of the time. Unless the fights are fun or the bet money is good there's no real way to combat that.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Apex really took a chunk of blackouts population when it released. It really was hard to transition back and made blackout just feel clunky even though it was the smoothest br prior.

With this I could see it being a title to play alongside Apex since they have some major differences. The looting has me a little worried and I'm not a fan of guns not having separate attachments. That's what makes blackout and Apex fun is the variations and customization of the items. I also could see some of the in game things like the prison 1v1 thing just being a mess. Are players really going to stick around for that upon a death or just drop out and queue again. Maybe I misunderstood how it works but some of this seems reliant on the community to play as intended and we know how that goes unless they implement penalties or incentives for people to stay.
I think the gulag is intended to give dead players something to do besides spectate their teammates. In this case, dead players play a sort of tournament to decide who gets to have another shot. The hope is people will stick around instead of leaving to see if they can come back and maybe even make some money with the betting.

I at least appreciate them making an effort to solve the issue of dead players having nothing to do but wait.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Well yeah randims will bail most of the time. Unless the fights are fun or the bet money is good there's no real way to combat that.

They can definitely combat it if it becomes an issue. And we don't know enough at this point for what the plunder can be used for outside of matches. It may totally be a useful aspect to stick around to try to gain more. Maybe they can implement a harsh plunder penalty if you leave prior to being fully eliminated with no option of a return.

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
They can definitely combat it if it becomes an issue. And we don't know enough at this point for what the plunder can be used for outside of matches. It may totally be a useful aspect to stick around to try to gain more. Maybe they can implement a harsh plunder penalty if you leave prior to being fully eliminated with no option of a return.
I think plunder is everything in game. Supply drops, unlocking kits etc. Weather they use it for comsetic options outside of game would be interesting.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Via Reddit. Attachments can be looted as well so guns are fully customizable.
6dqgefoyu3h41.jpg

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
But isn't that sheet just proving attachments are already on guns and not separate to be swapped out or moved onto other guns? Guns are now common, rare our legendary. From the way I took it you can't remove the attachments from guns picked up.

This would be a major change from blackout or Apex and more inline with how fortnite I believe does it. I prefer how it is in Apex and blackout giving you way more options on your set up. Also makes inventory more interesting.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
But isn't that sheet just proving attachments are already on guns and not separate to be swapped out or moved onto other guns? Guns are now common, rare our legendary. From the way I took it you can't remove the attachments from guns picked up.

This would be a major change from blackout or Apex and more inline with how fortnite I believe does it. I prefer how it is in Apex and blackout giving you way more options on your set up. Also makes inventory more interesting.
The poster claims in the comments you can also pick them up and customize the guns yourself.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

According to the dataminer it will be both. Can find premade guns as well attachments.

Jun 10, 2018

It's also how BFV does it with their Firestorm BR, which is horrible. Infinity Ward seems to be copying gameplay from the worst BR game if their loot system is anything to go by as well.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe it's like Blackout where you can get special "Purple" variants of guns or "gold" guns with attachments already on there.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thats a good thing, the br mode should be separate from the main CoD releases. Make it it's own thing that maybe gets some themed skins/map changes/guns when a new CoD drops but is not directly tied to it.
Yup, I've been hoping this ever since the first leak. Years from now the game should be a Battle Royale with multiple maps with various settings, with each map coming with appropriate weaponry for its setting.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping theyre dropping it tonight after the game, apparently summit has been teasing that he will play a new game tonight