• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
EQiguE2WsAAtwHa.png

charlieintel.com

Rumor: Modern Warfare Battle Royale might be called Call of Duty: Warzone - Charlie INTEL

It appears the name for the Battle Royale mode for Modern Warfare might have leaked via a user on Reddit who “claims” to have an inside source. The user

An image of Modern Warfare's Battle Royale was leaked on reddit.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol at CoD trying to play catch up in the Battle Royal craze (which has worn off now) How original "rolls eyes" I'll still give it a go though cause why not.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
MW continues to be hugely popular... anecdotally feels way bigger than BO4 last year. Think this thing will be pretty big, too.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Blackout was probably the most fun in a BR game me and my friends had so we've been anticipating MW BR mode for awhile.

So this along with the word it's stealth dropping this week has me fucking stoked.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
F2P? Interesting. If that is the case I'll definitely give it a shot.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait.

Hopefully, it's as good as Blackout was before it got ruined with pay2win bullshit.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Noticed it doesn't say Modern Warfare in the title.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a f2p separate download from the annual CODs (but accessible from COD MW menu)

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Royal with less than a year of real support left. Classic Activision.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
To answer the Blackout p2w questions:

For those of y'all unaware, two modes of Blackout - Heavy Metal Heroes (jet packs and grapple guns) and Hot Pursuit (cops and robbers) - has boxes of guns on the map that contain lootbox-only super guns that are absolutely overpowered.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
With the super low time to kill, I'm not even sure how well COD suits BR, since it's almost a case of who spots who first and reacting to getting picked off from behind or off guard, or sniped or whatever, is far more difficult than it is in comparable BR games.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
With the super low time to kill, I'm not even sure how well COD suits BR, since it's almost a case of who spots who first and reacting to getting picked off from behind or off guard, or sniped or whatever, is far more difficult than it is in comparable BR games.

Battle Royale will probably have different TTK/Health/etc. settings.

They aren't going to just take MP, drop them on a giant map, and make it FFA.

This isn't the first time Call of Duty has done Battle Royale.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Damn hopefully it really is free to play. They would defo get me to try it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Not really psyched about a yearly Battle Royale mode, frankly. I'm definitely more interested on a map filled with references to and pieces of Infinity War titles than the Treyarch stuff from Blackout though.