• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And apparently is gonna be F2P. You don't need to own MW to play it, you can also download separately.

Twitter / Account Suspended

From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, get the full story with all the live commentary.
Would be big, I'm already tired of Apex

Haha, battle royale is not a trend anymore

It's not a trend it's a game mode, just how Apex and Fortnite are the most popular games out there

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Watching Maximilian Dood and the Yovideogames crew play Blackout sold me a ticket on the CoD battle Royal train.

I don't think I'll ever have as much fun as they did but it's definitely worth a try especially since it's free

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
I still think Blackout is/was the best BR mode. I stopped playing it because of the shitty monetization practices and how every season more and more content was being pay-walled.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed what I played of Black Ops 4's Battle Royale mode, so if this is available as a stand-alone title and F2P then I'm definitely giving it a try.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It being F2P will be fucking huge, like ridiculously so. I really hope so, no interest in buying MW for a BR mode I probably won't even play too much if Blackout was anything to go off, but for free I'd definitely give it a shot.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Not a fan of Activision or COD but this is going to be BIG isn't it ? COD always sold crazy but with it being free and standalone. It's going to be so much bigger.
RIP other MP games. They're definately going to take a hit from this.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean i gues it fits with how they packaged the base game...the main menu is very much a hub and you download the packages (SP, MP, CO-op) separately. Presumably it would be fairly straight forwards for them to make the main menu/launcher free, and include access to another package (the BR one) free for all.

Then every time you play the free BR it also reminds you in the menus that there's an SP and MP if you want to buy it.

I've spent weeks grinding the shipment map, where death is a mere blip slowing down your scoring rate as you grind unlocks...I'm not sure I can adapt back to BR any more...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Guys it will have crossplay. Lol. They're not going to add a huge mode to their crossplay game with no crossplay. Doubly so if the rumors of 200 players holds true.

Stayfone

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If F2P is true this is going to be huge. Also, with Apex and Fortnite, absolutely the right move.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Will be very curious to try out once it releases. I hope game balancing, isn't tied to MW's largely because from all the footage I've seen, the TTK for MW seems rather quick, and fast TTK in BRs aren't exactly what I want.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Will be very curious to try out once it releases. I hope game balancing, isn't tied to MW's largely because from all the footage I've seen, the TTK for MW seems rather quick, and fast TTK in BRs aren't exactly what I want.
Yeah, if this has MW`s TTK, I´m out.
I hope every player drops with light armor or something.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
THIS!

Please.. make the game play feel like JUST how MW is.... and NOTHING like BO4. I totally agree

Why would it feel like BO4?

People do realize that while this is likely to be standalone it's also can be accessed from the MW client. In fact the MW client already has all of this. It's not a new game.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I mean i gues it fits with how they packaged the base game...the main menu is very much a hub and you download the packages (SP, MP, CO-op) separately. Presumably it would be fairly straight forwards for them to make the main menu/launcher free, and include access to another package (the BR one) free for all.

Then every time you play the free BR it also reminds you in the menus that there's an SP and MP if you want to buy it.

I've spent weeks grinding the shipment map, where death is a mere blip slowing down your scoring rate as you grind unlocks...I'm not sure I can adapt back to BR any more...

we also got a tweet from a developer that the SP mode can be deleted from the game freeing up space on the current SKU.

it looks like the game is going to be modular.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Great timing. I've been itching to play blackout again, being the only br I ever really got into, but I dont want to install bo4 again.

JeRzYzFyNeSt

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
i think if this is F2P, going forward it will kill the sales of COD as a whole, if they intend to expand on this... ppl that fell in love with BR that usually buy COD will stick with the free version. im calling it

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
i think if this is F2P, going forward it will kill the sales of COD as a whole, if they intend to expand on this... ppl that fell in love with BR that usually buy COD will stick with the free version. im calling it
they can have both things. I love what cod offers on MP(besides BR) and most who buy the game too. They will continue to sell 15-20 mi for any cod and have this making a lot of money with cosmetics.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
My Blackout crew is getting so pumped by these rumours. Just release already!

Last weekend my Bro Squad (me and 3 of my younger brothers) won back-to-back quads. Just a great feeling, we've never won three in a row but we were feeling it.

We hot dropped Trainyard and got third partied so hard we were out in like 2 minutes. Just all got gunned down like dogs, just savage.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I hope that it was already in this last big patch and they just have to "unlock" it. I'm nearly at my data cap this month :(

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of a permanent solo mode in Apex was always my biggest gripe with the game. I just don't like the RNG of whether or not I get good teammates.

Since this will definitely have a solo mode, I'm probably gonna drop Apex for it.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
I'm re-downloading the game now, 86gb base plus 16gb for the multiplayer and I'm leaving out campaign/spec ops.

Presume this update (maybe before the weekend?) Will be fairly large too

My poor ISP

Edit: Some hope it's already in the season 2 download which I think is covered in the 86gb

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The lack of a permanent solo mode in Apex was always my biggest gripe with the game. I just don't like the RNG of whether or not I get good teammates.

Since this will definitely have a solo mode, I'm probably gonna drop Apex for it.
pretty much where I'm at too. I really enjoyed Apex, but the constant situation of dealing with bad teammates got annoying, and I don't really have friends to play Multiplayer stuff with. If this has solos I will 100% be in.

My biggest worry is really just that, I hope the TTK is different from what I've come to expect from Cod. I haven't bought a Cod since BO3, but looking at Modern Warfare footage, the TTK seems extremely fast, and that's not something I want in a BR.

we'll see, hopefully today.