• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
pretty much where I'm at too. I really enjoyed Apex, but the constant situation of dealing with bad teammates got annoying, and I don't really have friends to play Multiplayer stuff with. If this has solos I will 100% be in.

My biggest worry is really just that, I hope the TTK is different from what I've come to expect from Cod. I haven't bought a Cod since BO3, but looking at Modern Warfare footage, the TTK seems extremely fast, and that's not something I want in a BR.

we'll see, hopefully today.

well pretty much every BR has armor. I don't recall TTK being a problem with Blackout, but don't really remeber what BLOPS4 TTK was after playing so much MW.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm very excited to try this Battle Royale. I loved Blackout and couldn't play it any more when the PC community died. This time if it is free that won't happen for a long time and also there is crossplay possible in this one, if I end up having to switch to controller eventually I would to at least get matches but still enjoy my pc version.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't get into Blackout, so hopefully this'll be a bit different. I never liked how weak the guns felt, especially if someone had armour, and the collectable perks didn't work well in my opinion.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks way better than the Blackout map.

Also Broadcast of all maps to bring back as one of the landmarks? Hey I'm not complaining I love that map but talk about random lol.

The map is interesting because it's not doing quite what Blackout did. While Blackout did have some unique locations, a ton of it was expanded versions of old maps. Whereas the Warzone map does have some locations from old games but a lot (most of it) is completely new.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The map is interesting because it's not doing quite what Blackout did. While Blackout did have some unique locations, a ton of it was expanded versions of old maps. Whereas the Warzone map does have some locations from old games but a lot (most of it) is completely new.

Yeah the gulag location looks sick. Wish that MP map wasn't cut from mw2.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
So we're gonna get 2 COD Royales if Treyarch's gets theirs out at launch?
Well interestingly Blackout's original name was Warzone.

I wonder, if indeed it will become a colon'd subtitle of COD, that they stick with that name through all the yearly CODs and alongside, or soon after, the new COD drops they update the map themed to match said current COD.

Either that or IW thought it was a cool name and nicked it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I love Blackout can't wait for this. My friends who I play with don't have Modern Warfare yet but if it's standalone and F2P all the better.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they don't ruin it with a bunch of bad changes and terrible additions like Treyarch did to Blackout.

Also hopefully they don't go too crazy with the armor either. Sometimes it felt like bring down an elephant.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
pretty much where I'm at too. I really enjoyed Apex, but the constant situation of dealing with bad teammates got annoying, and I don't really have friends to play Multiplayer stuff with. If this has solos I will 100% be in.

My biggest worry is really just that, I hope the TTK is different from what I've come to expect from Cod. I haven't bought a Cod since BO3, but looking at Modern Warfare footage, the TTK seems extremely fast, and that's not something I want in a BR.

we'll see, hopefully today.
The spec ops mode of MW already has an armor system. The armor blocks a good amount of damage but thankfully is nowhere near as bullet spongey as Blackouts armor system.

So you have nothing to worry about.

Oct 25, 2017
The Blackout map is gonna look so freaking small and empty after this
Going from this
call_of_duty_black_ops_4_blackout_construction_site_1920.0-1021x580.jpg

being one of the biggest locations to
latest

going to be crazy

Looks way better than the Blackout map.

Also Broadcast of all maps to bring back as one of the landmarks? Hey I'm not complaining I love that map but talk about random lol.
There are a lot of maps not mentioned there directly,
Vacant is part of the docks area Ground War map so its in,
Scrapyard is part of the new Bone Yard Ground War map
Overgrown is supposedly on there somewhere

Last edited:

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Well interestingly Blackout's original name was Warzone.

I wonder, if indeed it will become a colon'd subtitle of COD, that they stick with that name through all the yearly CODs and alongside, or soon after, the new COD drops they update the map themed to match said current COD.

Either that or IW thought it was a cool name and nicked it.
yeah, I suspect this will stand alongside Cod's annual releases, and have a map refresh with every new release. I wonder if it's going to have it's own unique feel to it, instead of having a game that feels like MW 1 year, and then feels like a Treyarch game the other.

Imagine there will also be seasons with battlepasses and the like, but I imagine the big updates that bring about a new map, all new weapons etc will be when a new cod game launches.

Wonder if there's going to be any bonuses in this if you own the current cod title. Something like a discount price on the Battle Pass or maybe get the battle pass for the base game, and get the BR battle pass at half off.

Oct 25, 2017
The map looks huge but I'm not sure if that's a good thing, really afraid there'll be way too many buildings for people to hide in.
They should change the way the circle works in this game

1. Circle closes and moves randomly, not inside of itself
2. Original Battle Royale style, map is a grid with random grids being safe and others dangerous for certain times

I love the idea of a big crowed BR map.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
yeah, I suspect this will stand alongside Cod's annual releases, and have a map refresh with every new release. I wonder if it's going to have it's own unique feel to it, instead of having a game that feels like MW 1 year, and then feels like a Treyarch game the other.

Imagine there will also be seasons with battlepasses and the like, but I imagine the big updates that bring about a new map, all new weapons etc will be when a new cod game launches.

Wonder if there's going to be any bonuses in this if you own the current cod title. Something like a discount price on the Battle Pass or maybe get the battle pass for the base game, and get the BR battle pass at half off.
I think it would be pretty cool if owning a title allows you to play as that game's characters from the campaign. Own Modern Warfare? Get to play as characters such as Price, Garrick, Farah etc. Own the rumored Black Ops reboot? Get to play as Woods, Mason, Weaver etc. (if they're in the game of course).

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting a while now for a BR to grab me like blackout did, hopefully this is the one
Also, off topic but does anyone know how well TheGamingRevolution has been on non cod leaks? I know he's been right about a lot of his cod leaks, but he's teasing a new tony hawk pro skater and I don't want to get my hopes up lol

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If they change all the weapons and setting every year based on the title, I feel like you would see weird population fluctuation. Like, I'm interested in a MW-style BR, but don't care about future tech stuff, so I'd stop playing at that point. Hopefully they'd at least offer an option to stick with one "style".

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
If they change all the weapons and setting every year based on the title, I feel like you would see weird population fluctuation. Like, I'm interested in a MW-style BR, but don't care about future tech stuff, so I'd stop playing at that point. Hopefully they'd at least offer an option to stick with one "style".
Wasn't there a rumor Black Ops V is a reboot too? BR with a Vietnam setting could be cool.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
My biggest issue with BR games on console is that you have to compete with mouse and keyboard/Zim4 players in the same lobby. It is an insanely unfair advantage and there seems to be no way of solving the issue.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest issue with BR games on console is that you have to compete with mouse and keyboard/Zim4 players in the same lobby. It is an insanely unfair advantage and there seems to be no way of solving the issue.

isn't it no different than playing regular MP on MW right now. Im playing with PC players all the time, and while it can get a bit crazy its not far from being too lopsided, I can win and get first fairly regularly. I dont see how BR would make this much different than what we already have in this regard. And like the current regular MP would we not have the option to turn off Crossplay?

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Really excited to try this if it's real, can see it having a lot of potential.
The thing they need to figure out is how to reduce matchmaking times, it takes too long right now if all you're going to do is die immediately

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

?

Fortnite matches you based on input. If you are using controller, you will be matched with someone using controller (on iPad, PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch). KB&M users will be matched with people using KB&M.

Blackout (Black Ops 4) doesn't have crossplay, so the problem doesn't exist there.

Apex Legends is the same as Blackout.

PUBG, as far as I know, doesn't cross player pools with PC users.

So what's left?

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The big big question for me right now, if this is indeed dropping soon, is if playing Warzone will grant XP towards the battle pass.

If it's a separate thing, I would imagine not? That would piss people off though so who knows.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
The big big question for me right now, if this is indeed dropping soon, is if playing Warzone will grant XP towards the battle pass.

If it's a separate thing, I would imagine not? That would piss people off though so who knows.

Im pretty sure mostly everything goes towards the battlepass except maybe the campaign I think? Trials, Spec Ops, MP etc, all go towards the BP. I don't see why this wouldn't too.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
?

Fortnite matches you based on input. If you are using controller, you will be matched with someone using controller (on iPad, PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch). KB&M users will be matched with people using KB&M.

Blackout (Black Ops 4) doesn't have crossplay, so the problem doesn't exist there.

Apex Legends is the same as Blackout.

PUBG, as far as I know, doesn't cross player pools with PC users.

So what's left?
All that is correct except for Fortnite, it literally mixes everyone together now even mobile vs PC but tries to use skill based matchmaking to compensate. Understandably the community has been unhappy with this change but Epic hasn't shown any sign of changing it back.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have been saying this since Blackout, make it F2P and have each new COD every year add their own map and gameplay elements. Don't like BLOPS, play the MW map, vice versa. Would be much more ideal than having to buy a new game every year just to play their version of BR.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
they made multiplayer maps into maps spec ops maps and ground of wars maps, and into a giant BR maps

mapception.

Pretty clever way to recyle/optimise the process of making a huge ass BR map

I can't really blame them. This BR map is super fucking huge. Like really big with a lot of unique areas. Blackout map was much smaller and had a lot more reuse.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If that map picture on Reddit is accurate, I'm really not too thrilled by it. I really liked Blackouts approach of having countless fan favorite maps from the Black Ops franchise spread out with two or three unique areas and small buildings scattered around between it all. This seems like it's mostly content from Ground War and Spec Ops with two or three small areas taken from the Modern Warfare franchise. I'd just like more classic areas.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
All that is correct except for Fortnite, it literally mixes everyone together now even mobile vs PC but tries to use skill based matchmaking to compensate. Understandably the community has been unhappy with this change but Epic hasn't shown any sign of changing it back.

Oh wow. I wasn't aware they changed it :/.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
If that map picture on Reddit is accurate, I'm really not too thrilled by it. I really liked Blackouts approach of having countless fan favorite maps from the Black Ops franchise spread out with two or three unique areas and small buildings scattered around between it all. This seems like it's mostly content from Ground War and Spec Ops with two or three small areas taken from the Modern Warfare franchise. I'd just like more classic areas.
It's actually the Spec Ops map with the latest rumor saying it has some small alterations to put more emphasis on the MW2 sections of the map. Ground War maps and some MP maps such as Atlas Superstore are indeed just pieces cut out of the Spec Ops/BR map and then put into regular MP.