• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
?

Fortnite matches you based on input. If you are using controller, you will be matched with someone using controller (on iPad, PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch). KB&M users will be matched with people using KB&M.

Blackout (Black Ops 4) doesn't have crossplay, so the problem doesn't exist there.

Apex Legends is the same as Blackout.

PUBG, as far as I know, doesn't cross player pools with PC users.

So what's left?
Zim4 are recognized as controllers...same input.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
Crossplay isn't the cause of zim4 issues though is it? Normal players on PS4 and XB1 would face off against them in other games since that's the whole point of the adapter?
Correct. My issue isn't with crossplay. There needs to be dedicated lobbies for mouse/Zim users and another for analog users. There is no world where a controller player can compete with a mouse player. The reaction time and accuracy is such a huge advantage. Also the ability to move left and right (strafe) with a mouse is almost game breaking in the right players hands.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Correct. My issue isn't with crossplay. There needs to be dedicated lobbies for mouse/Zim users and another for analog users. There is no world where a controller player can compete with a mouse player. The reaction time and accuracy is such a huge advantage. Also the ability to move left and right (strafe) with a mouse is almost game breaking in the right players hands.

I must live in another world who new. I personally destroy keyboard and mouse players in cod all the time.

youtu.be

Modern Warfare controller ps4 vs pc kbm domination 16 kill streak

I find myself matched with keyboard and mouse players on pc way too often.

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
I must live in another world who new. I personally destroy keyboard and mouse players in cod all the time.

youtu.be

There is no doubt the a player on a controller has the ability to beat a mouse and keyboard player(based on player skill gaps). The issue is when the match up is equal, the mouse and keyboard user has an extreme advantage. Thumbs on analog sticks don't react nearly as fast and accurately as a hand on a mouse. I can always tell when I'm facing a mouse user on Apex Legends because of the strafing, which you can't perform on a controller.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With all the UI and graphical bugs they implemented with this patch I can't possibly see them releasing BR until they fix all that shit. Based on the history of this game BR is going to be a fucking shit show at release.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
With all the UI and graphical bugs they implemented with this patch I can't possibly see them releasing BR until they fix all that shit. Based on the history of this game BR is going to be a fucking shit show at release.

Different devs it's made by raven software not the incompetent fools at infinity ward . Hopefully the BR isn't balanced around casuals like the multiplayer.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Im baked and was just reading about apex obviously I'm talking about infinity ward

Anyway lol if you think they're going to make the BR mode this hardcore thing.

They want as many people playing it as possible. While the nature of MW might make it harder than Blackout, it's still going to aim for those same players.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyway lol if you think they're going to make the BR mode this hardcore thing.

They want as many people playing it as possible. While the nature of MW might make it harder than Blackout, it's still going to aim for those same players.

BR is hardcore by design blackout was really good for the most part so if they can replicate that the BR will be good. With the MW movement and gun play all they really need to do is increase the ttk and not fuck up the map.

I pray it's good cuz I can't tolerate playing apex with randoms anymore.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I only had time to check the menus before work this morning after the update. I noticed the Barracks says I have a new calling card but I don't. That stuff irks me as I like to clean off all the 'New' symbols when unlocking things. Same for anyone else?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I only had time to check the menus before work this morning after the update. I noticed the Barracks says I have a new calling card but I don't. That stuff irks me as I like to clean off all the 'New' symbols when unlocking things. Same for anyone else?

That has been a bug in CoD for years. No matter if it's IW, Treyarch, Raven, or Sledge, somehow they all manage to bring back that bug.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017

youtu.be

You don't live in another world. Haven't played COD but when it comes to Fortnite, controller players have so much auto aim it's insane lol. M&K advantage is overblown when it comes to certain games.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You don't live in another world. Haven't played COD but when it comes to Fortnite, controller players have so much auto aim it's insane lol. M&K advantage is overblown when it comes to certain games.

cod doesn't have auto aim just aim assist it doesn't snap on anyone just slows the reticle a bit. It doesn't work like fortnight at all.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
cod doesn't have auto aim just aim assist it doesn't snap on anyone just slows the reticle a bit. It doesn't work like fortnight at all.

Sorry, wasn't saying it was, more that some games it's not that big of a deal. I think there's a big difference between using a controller vs M&K in COD and controller vs M&K in PUBG for example.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sorry, wasn't saying it was, more that some games it's not that big of a deal. I think there's a big difference between using a controller vs M&K in COD and controller vs M&K in PUBG for example.

m&k can totally be an advantage but there are several pro apex players who use controllers like snipedown and NiceWigg who do well against mouse players.

I have been slowly training myself to use keyboard and mouse on my gaming pc I'm just way better at cod with a controller since I played it that way my whole life.

Using keyboard keys to move is so foreign to me I need a keypad with a good analog stick for movement which I haven't been able to find yet.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
?

Fortnite matches you based on input. If you are using controller, you will be matched with someone using controller (on iPad, PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch). KB&M users will be matched with people using KB&M.

Blackout (Black Ops 4) doesn't have crossplay, so the problem doesn't exist there.

Apex Legends is the same as Blackout.

PUBG, as far as I know, doesn't cross player pools with PC users.

So what's left?

thats Not correct at all is it? Fortnite now just matches everyone with everyone doesn't it? I dumped it at the start of season 2 as Switch was lumped in with PC players and thought fuck that noise.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017

It is in Modern Warfare due to how poor the visibility can be on some of the maps. Pulling LT over a dark window auto locking on vs a PC playing squinting to see if there is anything there is a big console advantage.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So wait there's like shops? I'm hoping there is a mode without the killstreaks.

Also Squad buyback? Is that how you revive players?
Don't know how everything works yet, but yeah I'm hoping there's a mode without streaks. Just imagine being in a 1v1 only to havea Cluster Strike dropped on you, no thanks. Same goes for the Tanks you could see in the Season 2 intro cinematic.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I hate killstreaks in the normal multiplayer and they ruin my fun a lot of the time. Was hoping BR would give me a break from that so ugh. But at the same time the map looks so huge that possibly won't be too often you have one straight above you. So I'm actually kinda interested in seeing what a BR with those things would be like but like someone else said. The final circles would be really stupid if someone could just drop a cruise missiles on you to win the game. If anything only a select few of the killstreaks should be allowed if they are putting any in.
Also I genuinely hope they could have a mode select to play without killstreaks or are open to feedback to completely remove them. We will see.

In really excited for all the other unique features that are described, the bank stuff could be cool but I can't wait to see the gulag fights and be in the gulag queue.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
This is what BFV's BR should have been. To this day i will never understand the logic behind not making it f2p.
Like in the case of Blackout, it's corporations favoring short terms profits over long term benefits. Add a BR mode into a popular premium game to capitalize on a trend and hopefully get more copies sold.

Thankfully with both Apex and now Warzone, it seems publishers have learned F2P is the only way to compete.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I hate killstreaks in the normal multiplayer and they ruin my fun a lot of the time. Was hoping BR would give me a break from that so ugh. But at the same time the map looks so huge that possibly won't be too often you have one straight above you. So I'm actually kinda interested in seeing a BR with those things would be like but like someone else said. The final circles would be really stupid if someone could just drop a cruise missiles on you to win the game. If anything only a select few of the killstreaks should be allowed if they are putting any in.
Also I genuinely hope they could have a mode select to play without killstreaks or are open to feedback to completely remove them. We will see.

In really excited for all the other unique features that are described, the bank stuff could be cool but I can't wait to see the gulag fights and be in the gulag queue.

Maybe some Killstreaks should be disabled when the circle gets too small.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Maybe some Killstreaks should be disabled when the circle gets too small.
In my opinion they just shouldn't be in a mode where a single death is as punishing as in Battle Royale at all. Let's see how they've been implemented but I could see it being the type of thing which turns out to be a disaster with the community begging for them to be removed days after release.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
So it's BR with a bit of a counterstrike spin with the money, and buying killstreaks/equipment. I don't know if I'm in or out for that. I will say, if those are the only streaks, I do think they're relatively tame overall.

Airstrikes, I don't really know how to feel about, but I also would think and hope that their effectiveness would become less and less as the map gets smaller. An airstrike really isn't gonna do you much good, once the circle has taken over the entire map, and your opponent could kill you, as your about to use it.

Shield Turrets on the other hand could be extremely annoying with camping. I'm watching footage of the shield turret in MW and it seems like it doesn't work like the sentry gun in previous cods, in that it can auto detect enemies and shot on sight? If that's the case then I don't think it would be nearly as bad, but if not, boy is it gonna be fun having people camping in houses, and using a sentry gun to protect 1 entry point.

Everything else seems to be, stuff that helps the player in some capacity, be it a gas mask, Armor plate bundle, or a UAV. Personally, I could see myself going with armor, munitions or a UAV most of the time.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So this basically confirms the plunder system that was leaked months ago. Then that confirms the 1v1 gulag revive, robbing the bank vault, carrying teammates to a hospital or ambulance, etc.

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So it's BR with a bit of a counterstrike spin with the money, and buying killstreaks/equipment. I don't know if I'm in or out for that. I will say, if those are the only streaks, I do think they're relatively tame overall.

Airstrikes, I don't really know how to feel about, but I also would think and hope that their effectiveness would become less and less as the map gets smaller. An airstrike really isn't gonna do you much good, once the circle has taken over the entire map, and your opponent could kill you, as your about to use it.

Shield Turrets on the other hand could be extremely annoying with camping. I'm watching footage of the shield turret in MW and it seems like it doesn't work like the sentry gun in previous cods, in that it can auto detect enemies and shot on sight? If that's the case then I don't think it would be nearly as bad, but if not, boy is it gonna be fun having people camping in houses, and using a sentry gun to protect 1 entry point.

Everything else seems to be, stuff that helps the player in some capacity, be it a gas mask, Armor plate bundle, or a UAV. Personally, I could see myself going with armor, munitions or a UAV most of the time.

In competitive multiplayer you have to use the shield turret yourself it doesn't have AI it's just a stationary turret you can put down and man it's terrible in multiplayer.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
There is no doubt the a player on a controller has the ability to beat a mouse and keyboard player(based on player skill gaps). The issue is when the match up is equal, the mouse and keyboard user has an extreme advantage. Thumbs on analog sticks don't react nearly as fast and accurately as a hand on a mouse. I can always tell when I'm facing a mouse user on Apex Legends because of the strafing, which you can't perform on a controller.

I turned off crossplay cuz of this. I don't want to play with mouse and keyboard players, its frustrating when you are playing against skilled PC players

Crocodilelogic

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I turned off crossplay cuz of this. I don't want to play with mouse and keyboard players, its frustrating when you are playing against skilled PC players

due to sbmm it takes forever for me to find games without crossplay on and then half the time the players are on pc with keyboard and mouse. The matchmaking in modern warfare is terrible either way.

cod pros constantly stomp on pc streamers is not that big of a deal in cod.

tacocat

Alt account
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
due to sbmm it takes forever for me to find games without crossplay on and then half the time the players are on pc with keyboard and mouse. The matchmaking in modern warfare is terrible either way.

cod pros constantly stomp on pc streamers is not that big of a deal in cod.

Yeah maybe its not too bad but whenever I start doing poorly its easy to blame mouse/keyboard players instead of my own shitty play. This way I know if i'm doing bad its mostly my fault.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why everyone is a bit up in arms or concerned about killstreaks. looks like its only airstrikes and uavs mostly. Which is something thats in firestorm and Apex, and maybe others. Not anything really new for BR.

MW has both a shield turret(kinda a pain to use in MP) and a separate Sentry gun killstreak, that works like an auto targeting AI. Shield turret has a timer on it so can only be used for a period of time( a minute or 2?), I feel the Sentry Gun last longer but not entirely sure. But that one doesn't seem to be in the BR mode.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Blackout already had sentry turrets so those wont be much of a problem here, especially if they bring back emp grenades.

I'm glad they are trying some new stuff with killstreaks. If it doesn't work out that's fine, but I'd rather they try something new than stick with the same flow as other BRs out there including Blackout.

This will probably kill the playerbase for that, so it was a fun ride while it lasted. Just had some fun sessions last night. The only thing I wish blackout would have kept is the map variations like the flooded map and the zombie red fog whatever map alongside the regular map. Would have been great variety to cycle through those 3 maps.