• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Just release it all ready! Blackout has been my go to for a loooong time now and I'd like a change of pace

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
In the video it looks like your airdrop will bring your "kits" to you. As i could tell different guns in the custom slots were ranked up at different levels. Makes the grind to get your guns good worth it imo.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
lol at CoD trying to play catch up in the Battle Royal craze (which has worn off now) How original "rolls eyes" I'll still give it a go though cause why not.

Laughing at a game adding popular mode, saying how no one is playing said mode anymore cos IT'S A KNOWN FACT it's old, and then playing yourself cos hey they added it so why not.

Lol. I mean, I'm not sure what your point is.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping for a more simple straight military BR that didn't have perks and killstreaks to go along with Apex. Maybe I should just build a PC and play Tarkov.

I'll give this a try cause it may be crazy fun. I just hope it doesn't boil down to the final circle with uavs everywhere with missile strikes. Maybe you can only hold onto so many of these items at once. I seriously hope you can't loot an airstrike.

I would love for a mode with nothing but guns and grenades.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I was hoping for a more simple straight military BR that didn't have perks and killstreaks to go along with Apex. Maybe I should just build a PC and play Tarkov.

I'll give this a try cause it may be crazy fun. I just hope it doesn't boil down to the final circle with uavs everywhere with missile strikes. Maybe you can only hold onto so many of these items at once. I seriously hope you can't loot an airstrike.

I would love for a mode with nothing but guns and grenades.
Yeah I was really really hoping for no killstreaks or perks and a much more grounded experience.

I'm keeping an eye out for the next Tarkov sale because that concept is super interesting. The looting is the part I like.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm really curious to see how long matches are for this, because having lethal killstreaks, probably means that the early game of every match ends very quickly. Especially if people use the airstrikes to take out more than 1 player.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I would speculate that there would be a cutoff for killstreaks. Like after the 2nd collapse Killstreaks are no longer available.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I would speculate that there would be a cutoff for killstreaks. Like after the 2nd collapse Killstreaks are no longer available.
the supply stations could also be random spawns, and with less of them spawning as the circle gets closer. Also as the circle gets closer you'd probably have fighting over the supply stations.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand the devs thinking. Killstreaks are a cornerstone of CoD, so why not implement them into CoD's take on a BR?

I'm not too worried about it. As we can see there isn't going to be Choppers, Gunships, or VTOL. Airstrike and Precision Strike are not going to be usefule against those inside buildings. My guess is they are meant to counter the vehicles and people camping on top of buildings.

The UAV is the only one I'm concerned about. It means Ghost will become the must have perk to find or get.

Jun 10, 2018

In my opinion they just shouldn't be in a mode where a single death is as punishing as in Battle Royale at all. Let's see how they've been implemented but I could see it being the type of thing which turns out to be a disaster with the community begging for them to be removed days after release.

Oh God! I really hope they didn't copy BFV's horrendous loot system. It's easily the worst out of all the Battle Royale games. They just needed to emulate Blackout's Loot System.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this was developed and will be maintained by Raven software. I'll always love those guys for jedi academy. I love their work on the Jedi night series and would love them to have a huge hit on their hands.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Oh God! I really hope they didn't copy BFV's horrendous loot system. It's easily the worst out of all the Battle Royale games. They just needed to emulate Blackout's Loot System.
Yeah it looks like it is gonna be a jumbled mess possibly like Firestorm but at least this does make the items float a bit and not just lying on the ground in a pile. I think a bag or box like PUBG, Blackout, or Apex is the most functional. But if this is as easy to pick up everything as Fortnite at the very least then hopefully it won't be too bad.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Considering it's called "Warzone" I really don't see the issue with killstreaks. It's really no different from the abilities in Apex in my mind or the bombs in Firestorm/PUBG.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
f2p is 100% the way to go with this. make it cross play and you have yourself a winner.

it will bring back lapsed fans like myself who are tired of the yearly iterations and want something more sustainable

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
f2p is 100% the way to go with this. make it cross play and you have yourself a winner.

it will bring back lapsed fans like myself who are tired of the yearly iterations and want something more sustainable
That's me. CoD has some good gameplay but I won't touch an full priced MP franchise that refreshes every year.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The fact it's a whole separate thing from MW and it's F2P is huge. Blackout was fun but the fact it was attached to a fully priced game definitely hurt its appeal and population.

I wasn't a fan of MW multiplayer this time but I'll definitely check this out when it launches.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the rumors are that there's 2 modes, one with killstreaks, and one "classic" version.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really curious to see how long matches are for this, because having lethal killstreaks, probably means that the early game of every match ends very quickly. Especially if people use the airstrikes to take out more than 1 player.
What I'm really interested in seeing is if it really is 200 players. Then it would probably still be similar length. I think it would have to be 200 with how huge that map looks.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
What I'm really interested in seeing is if it really is 200 players. Then it would probably still be similar length. I think it would have to be 200 with how huge that map looks.

I finally tried the "Ground War Realism" mode last night so that I could see some of the maps that will be apart of the larger map and I have to say those maps are pretty dense. There is gonna be a lot of camping spots for sure.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I think the rumors are that there's 2 modes, one with killstreaks, and one "classic" version.

Saying it's a mode with "killstreaks" seems a little misleading based on the rumors that are out there so far. It looks like you'll find cash (plunder) in loot chests that can be used at predetermined or random points on the map in order to either buy back in a downed teammate or buy one of a limited number of items that are used as killstreaks in the main multiplayer modes. The list that's been leaked doesn't include any of the more devastating artillery. Precision airstrike and cluster strike are probably the worst two and we don't know yet how they'll be handled in Warzone. If they have a visual indicator or warning like some of the super moves in APEX have that would give you a chance to avoid them, I think that could be an okay compromise.

Personally I'm kind of excited that they're putting a new spin on the genre. Apex's character model seemed like a balancing issue when the game was announced but it's definitely found a sweet spot that's working for them. Hopefully this can do that as well without just becoming another BR that's very heavily inspired by PUBG.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saying it's a mode with "killstreaks" seems a little misleading based on the rumors that are out there so far. It looks like you'll find cash (plunder) in loot chests that can be used at predetermined or random points on the map in order to either buy back in a downed teammate or buy one of a limited number of items that are used as killstreaks in the main multiplayer modes. The list that's been leaked doesn't include any of the more devastating artillery. Precision airstrike and cluster strike are probably the worst two and we don't know yet how they'll be handled in Warzone. If they have a visual indicator or warning like some of the super moves in APEX have that would give you a chance to avoid them, I think that could be an okay compromise.

Personally I'm kind of excited that they're putting a new spin on the genre. Apex's character model seemed like a balancing issue when the game was announced but it's definitely found a sweet spot that's working for them. Hopefully this can do that as well without just becoming another BR that's very heavily inspired by PUBG.

latest rumour is that stuff is from a binned pvp type spec ops mode

JeRzYzFyNeSt

Banned
Mar 5, 2018

seems like theirs gonna be a shit ton to do, dont think i have played a BR this massive

i love how the loot is gonna be highlighted like fortnite's loot, looks like weapons will be able to be picked up with attachments on it which will determine the rarity of it.. love that they are going that route

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

seems like theirs gonna be a shit ton to do, dont think i have played a BR this massive

i love how the loot is gonna be highlighted like fortnite's loot, looks like weapons will be able to be picked up with attachments on it which will determine the rarity of it.. love that they are going that route

Looks fantastic

MW has great gunplay but the MP dropped the ball on all fronts. I also love that you can buy back squadmates a la Apex Legends. Apex did that right.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Infinity Ward is permabanning people sharing Warzone details, even though the only reason people can even access Warzone stuff is because you sometimes get kicked into a Warzone lobby when you lose connection in regular MP

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity Ward is permabanning people sharing Warzone details, even though the only reason people can even access Warzone stuff is because you sometimes get kicked into a Warzone lobby when you lose connection in regular MP
This ain't new with Activision. They'll copyright strike your YT account if you share videos of glitches or exploits too.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
The guy who was leaking most of stuff has had his Twitter account suspended. Activision.....not happy lol. They really should be mad at their devs with their not so secure gateways into the game Mode/training session. If this thing doesn't "drop" by Tuesday I have to question what their strategy was here?

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Surprised he got suspended now and not when he was leaking things about the game months before the release of the game and after the game came out, but what do I know lol

Last edited: