• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I would love to see what's going on at IW what a mess the updates and content have been. At least the rumors are raven is working on the BR so maybe it will be good.

I never thought I would get a PC like experience on console lol

Don't get me wrong I love PC gaming but sometimes games just don't work for a thousand different potential reasons.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm all for publishers taking action against leakers which have acquired information and even footage via some inside leaker, but when everything is acquired because your own developers released a broken ass patch which boots people into the Warzone mode I feel like you can't blame them. As far as I'm concerned sharing that info and footage of it should be fair game just like sharing footage of the Campaign, Multiplayer and Spec Ops. You fucked up, own up to it for once.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for publishers taking action against leakers which have acquired information and even footage via some inside leaker, but when everything is acquired because your own developers released a broken ass patch which boots people into the Warzone mode I feel like you can't blame them. As far as I'm concerned sharing that info and footage of it should be fair game just like sharing footage of the Campaign, Multiplayer and Spec Ops. You fucked up, own up to it for once.

yeah it is very lame.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Was hoping it would come out today so I had something to play over the weekend.

Probably Tuesday then.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I don't care about the competitive aspect of Battle Royal. I'm happy about there being 200 players, I'm ready for some chaotic fun.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I honestly had no idea 200 players was in the cards, but I suppose it makes complete sense given the size of the map. Curious about this from a networking and performance perspective.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
The teaser ends with a four person squad jumping from the plane at the end.

not to say there wont be 4 man squads, but we have no idea if that is a squad or not, coul likely be random players from different squads coming back in after winning in the gulag. Or we are looking into to much. But its true that every instance of a "squad" we have seen has been just 3 from art and trailers.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
not to say there wont be 4 man squads, but we have no idea if that is a squad or not, coul likely be random players from different squads coming back in after winning in the gulag. Or we are looking into to much. But its true that every instance of a "squad" we have seen has been just 3 from art and trailers.
I can't stand three man max. Locks a man out of my group. Hate when they did that in Apex and destiny.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
They are probably going for Apex Legends like launch which was like about a year ago this time actually. They will be like here it is out, go crazy.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Lol @ that guy getting banned, seems kinda shitty since he's just relaying info, and on top of that the game is so damn buggy people are glitching into the training mode, the menu, etc.

They need to just make an announcement already, How they haven't is beyond me.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably are going to an Apex type launch. I bet that have contracts with Top streamers right now to boot up the mode the day it releases

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're shadow dropping this tomorrow. Weekends are a terrible time to launch games, especially for a F2P BR mode that will probably blow up the servers.

My guess is Tuesday or maybe even Monday. I believe Apex launched on a Monday?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're shadow dropping this tomorrow. Weekends are a terrible time to launch games, especially for a F2P BR mode that will probably blow up the servers.

My guess is Tuesday or maybe even Monday. I believe Apex launched on a Monday?

They will shadow drop it exactly when I'm in work. I bet on it.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
yeah they are definitely trying to pull off the secret shadow release of this. But its the worst kept secret. But yeah dont think we will be giving a heads up or official info before it releases. And I am expecting mon or tues for the release.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite Season 2 is next Thursday right? So maybe they want to launch it before to hopefully take away from that event?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Groups of 4 seems like a given considering Ground War puts you in 4 person squads. The only question is whether there will be other grouping available

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Fortnite Season 2 is next Thursday right? So maybe they want to launch it before to hopefully take away from that event?
Fortnite is still a mega-title, but haven't the numbers been going down since the release of Fortnite 2.0? Also I don't think a new Fortnite season is going to cut into the player base of Modern Warfare's BR. Fortnite is a third-person, build-first, shoot-second game and Call of Duty is the industry's most popular first-person shooter that has a different aesthetic and a more "realistic" style as well. I don't think they have the same target audiences.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looking as those that own MW game get it included as an option, everybody else will wait until March for the full standalone release which will be f2p

Based on observations alone