• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if it's F2P?? or you need the full game ??
all signs point to f2p. And with Apex and Fortnite taking up most of the market. I think it would have to be. But I could see there might be extra stuff if you have MW, or perhaps get to play it sooner?

Do we know if this is based of the MW or Black ops engine?

Its definitely the MW engine. Leaked footage is all MW, and the BR map is already mostly playable and used in the Ground War and Spec Ops modes.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I'm not convinced this will be its own separate client unless they actually release a separate f2p version. There's clearly a "Classified" spot for it on the game's main menu (at least on PC).

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If they're cool they have some extra in-game content for those who own MW. Probably not an entire Battle Pass worth of content but some exclusive shit for us MW owners would be nice.

Probably not though because Activision.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
It was the most obvious date, to be honest. They gave at least one week for the season 2 content to shine.

I'm not convinced this will be its own separate client unless they actually release a separate f2p version. There's clearly a "Classified" spot for it on the game's main menu (at least on PC).

Who own Modern Warfare will be able to run the Battle Royale mode directly from the menus. They'll probably give some bonuses too.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Groups of 4 seems like a given considering Ground War puts you in 4 person squads. The only question is whether there will be other grouping available
Is it safe to assume it'll be 3-man teams going off of the teaser?
If i'm not mistaken, The Gaming Revolution said it was going to have squads, trios, duos and solos.

yep looks like according to this new leak. We get quads, trios, duos and solos

vu5zip8q1zg41.jpg

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope this is F2P and standalone. I really want to try it and don't want to buy MW while it's still £40 just to play it.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really hope this is F2P and standalone. I really want to try it and don't want to buy MW while it's still £40 just to play it.
Yeah I really want this to be it's own constantly updated long lasting product. All they need is a season pass and some cosmetics to make a killing. Hope they don't fuck it up.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see a solo mode. Means I can drop Apex.

And it looks like the release date is Tuesday, which I had no doubt was it when it didn't drop today.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Rumor is f2p. Some of the leaked promotional art also supports this leak since it doesn't have Modern Warfare in the name, it's simply called Call of Duty: Warzone.
all signs point to f2p. And with Apex and Fortnite taking up most of the market. I think it would have to be. But I could see there might be extra stuff if you have MW, or perhaps get to play it sooner?

Nice, hopefully it's a standalone download on PC

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
can't believe i'm excited about a CoD/Activison game. The demo for MW played really damn good I just can't get into a game that gets a full priced refresh every year. I'm still a fan of BR and so far a lot of this makes it feel like a less hardcore tarkov meets BR sorta ting.

Hidden One

Oct 26, 2017
❔❔❔
It's insane to me that COD has finally reached great graphic fidelity and now they even have 100 v 100?

Battlefield next gen need to step it up big time with the biggest maps in the series as well as 100 v 100...No exceptions.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Have we reached the part where we gonna start pretending Apex is bad because it doesn't have duos/solos?

In all seriousness, I'm keeping close eyes on this. But I have my doubts

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Have we reached the part where we gonna start pretending Apex is bad because it doesn't have duos/solos?

I love apex. But a little more choice in that area would nice. Having 3 people to run ranked is hard. Usually it's just me and my cousin. So we have to play with a random. When my brother and other cousin want to play someone has to sit.

My point is that getting exactly 3 people can be hard. I do think 4 man would be too much. But I'd like a duos option.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Apex is bad because it doesn't have solos/duos for sure. Playing with headless randoms in a game like this is never going to be much fun. The game is usually a high variance experience to most people playing alone in a genre that already has high variance built into it. So you can easily spend a whole bunch of time getting absolutely nothing out of the game and just waste your time. That's like the majority of population of any online game.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Apex is bad because it doesn't have solos/duos for sure. Playing with headless randoms in a game like this is never going to be much fun. The game is usually a high variance experience to most people playing alone in a genre that already has high variance built into it. So you can easily spend a whole bunch of time getting absolutely nothing out of the game and just waste your time. That's like the majority of population of any online game.

Oh, cool. So Apex is an irredeemable POS because it doesn't have solos/duos

Cool, cool, cool /rolls eyes

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Apex is the only BR where I feel like playing with randoms is really nice and not stressful. I don't know why that's the case, but I don't miss solo at all. I guess it's because everyone feels like really strong character by themselves?

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoy apex, but I also want to play solo sometimes so if this cod br offers that I'll move there. It's about options.

duos only apex is currently fun but it's going away when the event ends again.

Oct 26, 2017

Fucking lol

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious, haven't played alot of COD BR on Black Ops and i wonder why do people prefer COD's version of Battle Royale over Apex?

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they'll do a similar unveil as the one Apex had? I loved that one. A stream with constant teasers, followed by an overview, dev talk, trailer and boom "game's out".

I know hype is silly and all but I kind of wish they do something like that rather than just releasing a trailer and going "it's out".

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Will this be the first BR game on PC you can play with a controller and only get matched with other gamepad users? As far as I know there is no other br game on PC that has that.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Will this be the first BR game on PC you can play with a controller and only get matched with other gamepad users? As far as I know there is no other br game on PC that has that.

Should be, and that's a huge draw for me considering I'm comparatively way better with a gamepad but play on PC. The thing about this game, though, is that kb/m doesn't have too much of an advantage anyway (in some ways the opposite) because there's a good deal of aim assist. Could be different at longer ranges though.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Havent played it but I thought Fortnite matchmakes based on controller/keyboard input

it has duos right now as a limited time game mode

also no, nothing about its design would work solo without major design changes, thered be no reason to play certain legends

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

i played everyday up until last season and I refuse to go back because of no solos it's not fun playing with random teammates every single game.

solos play fine before someone brings that excuse it was tons of fun for the few weeks it was active them taking solos away killed the game for me.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll do a similar unveil as the one Apex had? I loved that one. A stream with constant teasers, followed by an overview, dev talk, trailer and boom "game's out".

I know hype is silly and all but I kind of wish they do something like that rather than just releasing a trailer and going "it's out".
Some guy on Reddit said some Latin American streamers were being flown out next week which is why he believes that I'd when it was going to be released. It real the smartest thing they could do.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just curious, haven't played alot of COD BR on Black Ops and i wonder why do people prefer COD's version of Battle Royale over Apex?

They're such different games.

- Blackout has Solos/Duos/Squads while Apex usually only has trios, so you're more often forced to play with a random teammate in Apex.
- TTK is super different. Apex can feel like it takes forever to kill someone sometimes, especially at medium to long range or with snipers. CoD has a faster TTK and it's snipers are much more effective.
- Some people prefer a more grounded theme than the super powered heroes theme of Apex.

Personally I like them both for various reasons. CoD Blackout is sort of a PUBG-lite that runs very well on consoles while PUBG still struggles a bit in that regard. Apex is fast paced with great mobility and the best loot system in BR games.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex is significantly better than Blackout. Everytime I played Blackout post Apex and I tried to slide down a hill I felt like I was going backwards in time to like PS1 era gaming.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I am very interested in how this is going to turn out as not a huge fan of BR games. I like the more constant action of traditional multiplayer. My regular CoD group don't really care much either. I do hope it's kind of a stand alone thing and they don't release the BR every year. I would almost think they wouldn't with it already almost half way through MW's life cycle.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Apex really took a chunk of blackouts population when it released. It really was hard to transition back and made blackout just feel clunky even though it was the smoothest br prior.

With this I could see it being a title to play alongside Apex since they have some major differences. The looting has me a little worried and I'm not a fan of guns not having separate attachments. That's what makes blackout and Apex fun is the variations and customization of the items. I also could see some of the in game things like the prison 1v1 thing just being a mess. Are players really going to stick around for that upon a death or just drop out and queue again. Maybe I misunderstood how it works but some of this seems reliant on the community to play as intended and we know how that goes unless they implement penalties or incentives for people to stay.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Apex really took a chunk of blackouts population when it released. It really was hard to transition back and made blackout just feel clunky even though it was the smoothest br prior.

With this I could see it being a title to play alongside Apex since they have some major differences. The looting has me a little worried and I'm not a fan of guns not having separate attachments. That's what makes blackout and Apex fun is the variations and customization of the items. I also could see some of the in game things like the prison 1v1 thing just being a mess. Are players really going to stick around for that upon a death or just drop out and queue again. Maybe I misunderstood how it works but some of this seems reliant on the community to play as intended and we know how that goes unless they implement penalties or incentives for people to stay.
If you can bet while spectating and have a chance to rejoin your team why would you.leave? Normally you would just be watching your friends finish the match without you anyway.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
If you can bet while spectating and have a chance to rejoin your team why would you.leave? Normally you would just be watching your friends finish the match without you anyway.

Apex had to implement a penalty for leavers. Currently it's only in ranked and basically makes you wait until your banner times out.

Unranked doesn't have it yet and people will straight leave before a revive (only knocked). I don't usually have issues with randoms and meet a lot of good players; however this is one it the reasons I prefer rank in that game.

I don't think randoms will stick around to bet or 1v1 when they can bounce and re-queue back into full action, especially if they blamed their team on death.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I didn't know more information was out. Very disappointed to read about no attachments.