• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any games larger than this and is Activision even trying to compress this stuff? Jfc

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Lmao

That is bigger than what my SSD can carry. Hilarious.

Looks like next gen gaming is gonna require a bigger SSD cause you know its gonna get worse.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
20201004-012435.jpg

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Woah, that's crappy. I think on PS4 or Xbox it's around 190gbs, and my friend is expecting it to hit 200gb soon.

Jul 26, 2018
250GB with infested bugs and crashes. Glad ive uninstalled the game over a month ago. Its my worst multiplayer fps of all times so far imo.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I uninstalled it months ago because of that reason. I loved the game and it's the best CoD in years, but I can't have it take all this space on my ssd drive it had to go.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Mine's only 225. I highly doubt they're going to put split install at this point though, fuckin Black Ops comes out in a month.

The dream is dead y'all, just gotta hold the L

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Come on man... that's just to big. I want to play the game, but I would have to micro-manage my 2 TB SSD (And I just purchased it a few months ago).

Not happening.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
I was getting kind of bored of the game and this put me over the edge when I went to update it.

Its bullshit that it won't fit on my 250 gig ssd.....I have multiple SSDs but I'm not messing around with it taking up that much space regardless. Uninstalled a few days ago. Guess I'll see how the new CoD is.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Why they can't let me uninstall warzone files. I'm not playing that shit anyway.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It's dumb that they don't allow people to pick and choose which modes to install. The console versions allow it, and it was also a thing in several previous PC versions when the series was still releasing on Steam.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
This was why I ended up stopping to play the game, I would play once or twice a week and maybe buy some cosmetics but the updates and sheer size made it not worth the time and I found another game to play on those occasions

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
is like the plan to just make a game so big that you can't hold anything else on your devices?

"So how big is this next update gonna bring the game up to sir?"

The Activision executive leans back, taking a puff of his cigar. After a few beats he answers; "668GB exactly."

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe that their engine and tools are not capable of better compression and resource management.

Nov 28, 2017
Every update they release just increases the data footprint on all platforms.

The duplicate data needs to go away and the sooner they work with MSFT with their DirectStorage I/O solution, the better.

Most players on PC currently use SATA II or III SSD's dedicated as OS drives in 128/256/512GB variants, and NVME Gen3/4 adoption is just starting up.

Even Star Citizen, the only game that I know of "currently" which uses an SSD more than just load times, is ~70GB. 250GB just for the multiplayer portion of the game, in 2020 (maybe it'll be the standard in the next half a decade, but surely not now, at least for the reason being duplicate data), is unacceptable.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy how bad these programmers that work on CoD have to be at this point. There file sizes are fucking ridiculous and it took them the better part of half a year just to get things to track properly in the menus of that game.

Activision needs to go to a two year release schedule, this shit is getting ridiculous.

Of course I realize they won't but hey.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
How has not being able to delete multi or SP if your just a warzone player not been a priority at this point.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Its crazy how bad these programmers that work on CoD have to be at this point. There file sizes are fucking ridiculous and it took them the better part of half a year just to get things to track properly in the menus of that game.

Activision needs to go to a two year release schedule, this shit is getting ridiculous.

Of course I realize they won't but hey

Please don't blame the rank and file employees for decisions being made by higher ups. Reducing the size of the game clearly isn't a priority for them, and that's not the choice of the programmers.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Good grief that's ridiculous. I've never played it, so I'm left wondering is it really that big of a game??

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't blame the rank and file employees for decisions being made by higher ups. Reducing the size of the game clearly isn't a priority for them, and that's not the choice of the programmers.

Maybe. But CoD has run like shit for years. Constant UI bugs, bad spawns and trying to tab out to the PS4 interface while playing any CoD since Advanced Warfare almost crashes the entire fucking PS4.

These games feel like they are slapped together with no thought or care, despite consistency being the highest grossing games of the year, year upon year.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe. But CoD has run like shit for years. Constant UI bugs, bad spawns and trying to tab out to the PS4 interface while playing any CoD since Advanced Warfare almost crashes the entire fucking PS4.

These games feel like they are slapped together with no thought or care, despite consistency being the highest grossing games of the year, year upon year.

The responsibility for which lies higher up the hierarchy than the programmers who don't choose what to prioritise.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear Cold War's install size. I'm guessing 120GB at launch.

Black ops 4 was close to 100GB if I remember correctly.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Game is 107GB on my PC

That's just Warzone as well, assuming no PC optimisations, why can't the consoles just have the Warzone client? That would solve A LOT of the complaints.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Can't wait for next season's patch that'll be 70+ GB but IW promises it's to reduce the overall game file size and size of future patches lmao.