• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
We knew it was Raven from Gaming Revolution's first BR discussion early last year.
I don't know why they don't give Raven the credit and make it seem like its all IW's work.

Raven made the freaking map that IW reused for Spec-Ops and MP maps.

I do wonder how complicated tuning and such is considering Raven is BR but IW is those technical settings with everything else.

Raven does get credit what are you talking about? IIRC, Raven, Infinity Ward & one other studio (High Moon maybe?) are all in charge of Warzone.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to know the percentage of people who have a loadout with a shotgun in it, lol. Is there something I am not understanding that would explain why they thought people would want a mode exclusively for shotties and snipers?

Maybe they realized no one used shotguns so they said "We worked real hard on these guns and by God they are going to play with them!"

Shotguns are the best weapons in gaming when done right and ignored if done poorly. In my mind there's nothing wrong with fun modes that force people to use guns they wouldn't normally think to. That should be one of the pillars of a battle royale, that you don't always get the best gun and loadout but you win because you're the best. Except the loadout drops kind of ruin that.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
The other night my friends and I were playing quads and I think we had issues getting into the same lobby again after every single game. Party leader would always pull everyone out at once, but someone would always get dropped, visual bugs showing all four of us on other players' screens, joining and inviting successfully became impossible. The problem child changed each game it seemed and that person usually had to restart their client.

So much wasted time that night, it was frustrating. Anyone else run into this or have any ideas? It was a few days ago so maybe something's been fixed.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Servers were awful tonight for me and a mate

Speed up lag happened quite frequently

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Collateral on two people in a moving vehicle across the map and downed them both.

Fuck me. I feel like a God.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
It almost feels like when we went to Season 3 they took some servers out of commission. Wouldn't surprise me at all to know they are trying to go cheap on servers.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a benefit to double XP? I heard this weekend is going be a double XP one and I don't know if I want to play while it's going on.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So all those blueprint weapons you get from say the battle pass, are those actually something people use or are they all basically worthless? they can't be modified, right? so if they are "Not meta" they are trash basically?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So all those blueprint weapons you get from say the battle pass, are those actually something people use or are they all basically worthless? they can't be modified, right? so if they are "Not meta" they are trash basically?

Blue prints give you access to attachments you might not have unlocked yet

And yes they can be modified

Oct 25, 2017
1. Can be modified though parts might not aesthetically match
2. unlocks attachments you might not have yet
3. Some significantly change the design of the weapon beyond a color or texture swap.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
Got kicked off one game tonight due to server lag but then ran over an entire squad by myself in a truck so it evens out. I'm addicted to this game.

Oct 25, 2017
ah ok great, thank you
Example of a significant design difference
maxresdefault.jpg

Vs
Standard
maxresdefault.jpg

Basically cuts the huge obstructive handle off the top of the gun, can't be done otherwise.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It almost feels like when we went to Season 3 they took some servers out of commission. Wouldn't surprise me at all to know they are trying to go cheap on servers.

part of me think there was a problem with them somewhere and they've had to turn them off to fix it, another part of me thinks maybe this is because they're switching to Google and is just an annoying byproduct causing us issues and they're keeping it on the down low

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Had time to play one match tonight, chosen quads by mistake... so I fully expected to get steamrolled, but then won with 3 randoms... Miracles do happen huh

With Warzone you can either have the most frustrating experience a video game can offer or it can be fun as hell.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
And how well you really do?

Can you 3 tap to head well with aim knockback and insane shot to shot bloom going on when meta ARs laser your eyeball for that 1 second TTK?

Accuracy and RPM just isn't there to compete well against those insane meta lasers that burst you down instantly.

Edit: At least on PC SKS is joke when you are forced into direct 1on1
Which is why you dont put yourself in a position where you dont have the advantage and actually have time to aim. That's why I run them as secondaries. I'm not breaching rooms or running down alleys with a marksman rifle or FAL, that's not how you play them. I'm picking them off before they get inside and then going in with ARS or SMGs afterwards or waiting them out until they come out in the open.

This is like asking how well you do against snipers/ARs with a shotgun from a block away...

Last edited:

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
The only credit Raven ever gets(besides MWR) is their name in the developers logos.
Raven wasn't mentioned nearly at all during the entire Warzone rollout.

I'm not sure what more you want other than their developer logo. The COD community knew Raven was primarily in charge of Warzone.

Infinity Ward is the lead developer, Raven is the support studio. Treyarch took all the blame for Blackouts problems even though Raven was in charge of that br as well.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a benefit to double XP? I heard this weekend is going be a double XP one and I don't know if I want to play while it's going on.
You'll earn battle pass tiers slightly faster due to how XP earned affects tier progression. Hitting 155 in a season unlocks an exclusive blueprint, too. Officer challenges are also a nice way to get more XP faster, so you can hit 155 much sooner.

If memory serve, this weekend will also be double weapon XP. Unless it's been fixed, using a double weapon XP token stacks with double weapon XP for quad XP. I was planning on ranking up the crossbow with that, since it's normally a colossal pain in the ass.

Oct 27, 2017
Had time to play one match tonight, chosen quads by mistake... so I fully expected to get steamrolled, but then won with 3 randoms... Miracles do happen huh

With Warzone you can either have the most frustrating experience a video game can offer or it can be fun as hell.
Is your name Leonm30? Cause me and 2 friends won with a random earlier.

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Hacking is getting to be epidemic, and I'm getting real sick of it. I usually average 2-3 kills per game (when I'm doing well it's 4-5), so I tend to get paired against high skill players. In spite of that, I'm encountering hackers at least once ever five or so matches. It's tiresome, and it makes me sad that Infinity Ward has said nothing insofar.

Ban waves, hardware bans, IP bans, vetting players with suspiciously high stats, etc. Any of those would do well to put me at ease. But not a peep, last I checked.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a few games last night, was alright.

got put in a lobby with three team mates who added me their party, we didn't win but it was a blast to play with a team who talked. They were good chaps.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Passed 50 wins today and creeping up on 55 right now. Game has been really smooth and haven't ran into any cheaters

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
2 out of 4 WZ matches are laggy (solo or group, PS4 Pro, wire connection, germany). I have 200mbit cable and often times one of the best connections of all players, in other games.

Yesterday i had a good solo round, was 4th place and it suddenly started to lag horrible. Enemy warped through my crosshair and i died. -_-
And when it lags, there is a second between hitting the pick up button / open door and it actually happening. Really frustrating, specially when i play with friends.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thank gosh trios are coming back. It was frustrating having three of us on and not being able to get a fourth friend because they were busy.