• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This news came out last month but didn't see a topic about it, so close me if it's old.

I don't know what kind of money I expected to see this F2P title making but it wasn't that high. That seems insane to me but clearly the game is doing quite well. I guess I can see why Activision has dedicated like every department to work on something related to CoD.

Have you all played, if so how long and are you still?

As for me, the game mode dropped right as I was getting burned out with PUBG and played maybe a month and stopped. Haven't been back. I enjoyed it, just not enough to keep playing after like 4 months of solid PUBG playing. I needed to move on I guess.

News info below.

Call of Duty: Warzone is raking in over $5.2 million per day, according to a new study by NetBet.

While many Warzone players recently have been frustrated with the game's hacker problem, forcing top streamers to try out other games like Apex Legends, it doesn't seem to be affecting the bottom line for the free-to-play battle royale title.

The report says that Warzone saw the biggest increase year on year of any other game, increasing its revenue by 196 percent, including both physical (Modern Warfare included) and digital purchases. Over the past 12 months, it's reportedly generated $1.91 billion.

When it comes to console-based games, Warzone is far and away the most lucrative game right now. Activision's FPS is making, on average, $3,633 per minute, according to NetBet. The next-most lucrative title is EA's FIFA 20, which is netting $2,054 per minute, with Grand Theft Auto V in third at $1,733 per minute.

dotesports.com

Call of Duty: Warzone reportedly makes $5.2 million in revenue per day

CoD is a money-printing machine.

Some additional info as well below from the Netbet study.

gamingnewsmagazine.com

Study revealed daily earnings for CoD: Warzone, GTA V, FIFA and many more - Gaming News Mag

Editorial: Gaming / Facebook / Twitter / YouTube / Instagram / News / Discord / Forums For us consumers it is almost impossible to understand the magnitude of the money figures handled by the large companies in the video game industry. However, and thanks to a recent study, we can…

705694.jpg

edit: okay one more, why not

Gaming-Revenue-Growth.jpg

Last edited:

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And this is why they can weather the California harassment case

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played that much in the last two weeks (damn you Destiny 2) but before that it was the game my wife and a group of frien played almost everyday since March 2020. I'm not surprised about that number at all. It's an incredibly popular game.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
No wonder the regular multiplayer seems like an afterthought these days.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus, and this is why everyone chases F2P.

You literally just need one successful game and you are set.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Its great to see games making money on F2P games, but its the influence it can have on other publishers with wanting their games to have that type of revenue stream for their games.

EA and FIFA were doing this long before Activision, and its lead in to lower quality FIFA games. Well the FIFA games are not even free, but it really should be.

Sunnz

Apr 16, 2019
That is crazy

And yet still the game is so poorly managed...
Could be more if even small QOL changes were made

So sad.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
If this is the average in a year on a daily basis then this can compete with even the biggest mobile games. What are people spending all this money on?

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
What can ya say, it's an awesome fuckin game...although I completely fell off soon after the Cold War integration which I feel significantly marred the experience. No idea how the Vanguard integration will work.

Hearing about rampant cheating made me not wanna come back either. Cheaters: fragile egos making everything worse for everyone.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Fun game. Sadly flooded with cheaters. Waiting for news of some type of anticheat being Introduced.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
This is why every Activision studio has been stripped of their identity, and tossed in the CoD machine.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
FIFA and COD are immortal beings looming over this industry.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
"Great" - This is why every Activision studio now works on Call of Duty.

I fear that most big publishers will chase models like this in the future and we get more F2P endless MTX-riddled GaaS games forever and ever.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, that would be 1.9Bn $ a year, so it is high, but not ludicruosly high compared to other f2p / big mobile games.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Added another source with data from the Netbet study to the OP along with a top-10 chart breakdown.

Do note this part below which might change the actual data compared to the title:

"It's important pointing that NetBet grouped the income of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with those of Call of Duty: Warzone."

RetroHippie

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 12, 2021
By framing it as "per day" it seems insane but it's actually pretty reasonable when looking at the annual revenue.

It's the same as with personal finances but in reverse. "I spend how much on cigarettes a year???"

Oct 25, 2017
"Great" - This is why every Activision studio now works on Call of Duty.

I fear that most big publishers will chase models like this in the future and we get more F2P endless MTX-riddled GaaS games forever and ever.
They are already doing that. We are getting fewer games than ever.

The video game industry sucks now. 30 year old me is wishing we could go back.

Leonberger

May 3, 2021
Canada
I play a TON of Warzone. Never spent a dime on the game though so I am not part of the stat haha.

Every time I have a gripe with the game I remind myself how much $$ I have actually spent on it.