• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
war.png

Developer: Infinity Ward and Raven Software
Publisher: Activsion
Release Date: March 10 2020
Price: Free to Play
Platforms: PC (Blizzard battle.Net), Xbox One, PlayStation 4

What is Warzone?
Warzone is the new massive combat arena within Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, completely free for all players, across all available platforms. Explore a massive battleground with two new modes to play – a Battle Royale mode and Plunder, an all-new frenetic fight for cold-hard Cash – experience the signature Modern Warfare gameplay with up to 150 players. Drop in, armor up, loot for rewards, and battle your way to the top.

How can I play Warzone?
Warzone can be played in one of two ways:

For Modern Warfare owners: Warzone appears as another game mode option in the Main Menu between Multiplayer and Co-Op.

For Non-Modern Warfare owners: A version of Modern Warfare that provides access to only the Warzone portion can be downloaded separately from Modern Warfare as a free-to-play experience on the PlayStation Store, Xbox Games Store, or the Battle.net App (PC).

Is PlayStation Plus a requirement to play on PlayStation 4?
No.

Is Xbox Live Gold a requirement to play on Xbox One?
Yes.

What are the PC system requirements for Warzone?
The minimum system requirements are:

· Requires DirectX 12 compatible system

· CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or AMD FX-6300

· Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / GeForce GTX 1650 or Radeon HD 7950

· RAM: 8GB RAM

· HDD: 175GB HD space

· Network: Broadband Internet connection

· Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Can I play Warzone on PC using a controller?
Yes, here's how you can:

1. Plug in controller of choice.
2. Enter the in-game Options Menu.
3. Tab over to General.
4. Switch Input Device from Keyboard & Mouse to Controller.

Can I play Warzone on a console using a mouse and keyboard?
Yes, here's how you can:
1. Plug in a keyboard and mouse. Your console should automatically detect this new input device.
2. If not, follow the instructions above, switching the Input Device from Controller to Keyboard & Mouse.

Does Warzone offer cross-platform support?
Yes. To make crossplay possible, Modern Warfare now requires players to log in to an Activision/Call of Duty account. If you don't have an Activision/Call of Duty account, you can create a free one here or in the game when you connect online for the first time.

Your Activision/Call of Duty account comes with a unique Activision ID, which is how you'll appear in game and how you and your friends can identify each other.

What are my crossplay options? Can I disable it?
Crossplay is enabled by default. However, if you only want to play with other players on your current platform, you can choose to disable crossplay.

1. Go to the Options menu.

2. Navigate to the Account tab.

3. Toggle the Crossplay option to Disabled.

On the Account tab, you can also choose to enable or disable text and voice chat with players on other platforms.

Trailers

Screenshots
AGB_WZ_0309_World.jpg

AGB_WZ_0309_Vehicles.jpg

AGB_WZ_LAUNCH_006.jpg

AGB_WZ_0309_Gulag.jpg

AGB_WZ_LAUNCH_007.jpg

AGB_WZ_LAUNCH_001.jpg

Last edited:

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
So what's the point of putting a BR into a yearly game 4 months late? I don't understand but I don't play CoD anymore.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Pretty sure he broke embargo.

No one else has anything up from what I can see and he kept saying you can download it now (it's not on any stores). But the rumor has been its supposed to release tomorrow anyways.

edit: looks like it's unlisted and you can only watch with a link. that's pretty wild lmao

Last edited:

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the point of putting a BR into a yearly game 4 months late? I don't understand but I don't play CoD anymore.

Battlefield V did this as well which is a shame cause it was a nice distraction for about a week but they no longer seem to put any support behind it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Video seems confirms the whole: "If you own MW you get all of that stuff + it's included in the client" but if you don't own MW you can download the solo client.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"I'm really concerned about the killstreak spam...in the last couple of circles"

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Between the narrator jumping around and the generic background music, I feel like I'm going to have an aneurysm

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
post from other thread-

-Yup free to play and cross platform confirmed, damn it looks like a AAA BR

-Custom designed each building in BR
- solo, double and trio game modes (150 people per game )
- lots of Easter eggs
- fast paced looting

They brought back the MW2 bloody screen when down, yes OMG!! bro

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
He calls it a deep dive haha. No way this is a "preview" that they gave out notes for haha

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oof killstreaks were terrible enough in Ground War, but they're even bringing them to BR? Lost interest immediately with that piece of info.

EDIT: He seems to enjoy the fact that all the loot just sprinkles on the ground, but that was one of the worst parts about Firestorm for me when I played it.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Killstreaks being enabled is the worst decision. Bad enough in Ground War.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
He barely gave any real info. No date, just F2P and you can download it.
I think it's cause this video wasn't supposed to be released yet. I think when the embargo is up the game will launch.

Are they gonna just release a new BR mode with every CoD now?

No this is rumored to be their third pillar. mainline call of duties will continue their yearly releases. Mobile call of duty and this game will be getting constant support.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow....it sounds great and I cannot wait to play it.

only concern is the kill streaks spam at the end.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched the whole video. Everything he tells in 11 minutes, he could tell in about 3.

Is this how Youtube channels are now?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! My only complaint so far are the killstreaks, which seems like an enormously stupid decision. Ground War was bad enough with them but I can't think of killstreaks being a good idea at all, whether it's at the first half of the match or the final circle.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Video is pretty painful to watch, but it's nice to finally see this.

Kill streaks sound stupid to have in the game, unless they're super hard to obtain but it doesn't sound like it.

Buying your friends back in is a nice concept, and the gulag sounds interesting. Armor system and fast looting sound pretty good.

He does say every building is custom made, then he says there are old multiplayer maps within the map. Kind of contradicting. I guess every building outside of the maps is custom made. Would have rather not seen old maps in the game.

I do like that the squad limit is three people. Llooking forward to playing it, hopefully this Tuesday.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So if this is standalone what's the classified thing in the main menu of MW?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Literally just an ad for the game that he named "Honest Review" to cover that up.

The whole YouTube influencer culture is gross.
Yep. Pretty poor "ad" for it too. Kept showing the same footage, but nothing he was talking about, like the buying killstreaks or any real combat.

I'm going to play a lot of it, but this being the first video is a downer after waiting for info on this mode for a month.