• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what the deal is here, but new COD launched last night in UK and multiplayer has been down on all platforms since launch.

Obviously, launch day - but I can't remember a COD launch where multiplayer was dead for 6 hours and counting without any developer statement etc.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
People seem to have been playing it just fine on Twitch all day. Maybe just certain regions having issues? Not unheard of for COD launches I don't think.

OP
OP
RedbullCola

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
People seem to have been playing it just fine on Twitch all day. Maybe just certain regions having issues? Not unheard of for COD launches I don't think.

When the game actually launched (ie not paid streams and reviewers) it went dark. I can't recall this ever happening for COD, especially for hours.

It's a belly flop of a launch, something has gone wrong I suspect.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It officially launched in the US two hours ago and the servers have been down.

not discounting that its offline for some. just saying i see people streaming mp on twitch

When the game actually launched (ie not paid streams and reviewers) it went dark. I can't recall this ever happening for COD, especially for hours.

It's a belly flop of a launch, something has gone wrong I suspect.

how does that work? they on special servers or somethin?

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm, obviously, in the UK, got it on PC, multiplayer not working. It's 6 hours into launch day.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They want to make sure people get plenty of sleep so they can play all day Saturday.

OP
OP
RedbullCola

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
The game now redirects you to Activision's website, which itself has an error message:

Functionality Temporarily Unavailable
The functionality you have attempted to access is temporarily unavailable. The salesforce.com Engineering team is working to restore this functionality as quickly as possible. Please contact Salesforce Customer Support for more information about this issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Loverdose

Oct 27, 2017
Its incredible that there is no communication... come on activision, you can do better. Lets hope the week end in gonna be double xp for that.

OP
OP
RedbullCola

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
They just pushed a game update. I'll try again.

H3RZFwg_d.jpg

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people are currently saying its up, restarted the game and got an update.

will update when that's done.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
And what is the consensus , is it any good. I have doubt every year and a bit of fatigue. Don't like the setting, but MP is where it counts.
What CoD does this one play like online ? Are the maps large or focused and narrow and how is the TTK.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Well the servers more or less died this weekend, most lobbies haven't been working at all today. Haven't been able to play for 3-4 hours now, looking at twitch it seems like every streamer is able to play for a while and then gets disconnected and is unable to play after that. What the heck went wrong, this isn't some new tech or something these guys have been cranking out the same game for a decade now and they even had a couple of huge betas.

Even the official "The Race" charity stream for COD WW2 has now switched to the campaign game mode instead of the prestige MP race...

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
The worst launch I've experienced in a CoD game...there are always things that are broken...but this is exceptionally bad

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
I had a 10 minute spell last night where I couldn't get online, but other than that I've had no issues, and I've been playing for hours since launch.