• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
As have I. It's not that it can't be done, it's just that the balance is generally shifted in favor of SMG's and this incredibly obvious from how porous the maps are. Tons of clutter to shorten ranged engagements, tons of flanking routes, etc.

That's why I said that even when I'm doing well with other weapons I get annoyed because of these design decisions.
The maps are not flank heavy as you make them out to be. IW was the most notorious one out of all the COD's. Point Du Huc is the flank heavy one in this game. This COD is very easy to control the flow of the map. And I still disagree with SMG's being that good in this game. If I am getting melted by an SMG player, I change my class and my playstyle and usually go with shotguns or sniper and humble their ass.

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
ah that old chestnut when you cant prove a point, in fact you just confirmed smgs are the same as they have been for 5 years.
You haven't proved any points.

One example? In BO3 the Razorback was an SMG literally designed to be most effective at medium range, while retaining all the mobility and hipfire and ads time benefits of an SMG, making it still decent at close range. Oh, and don't forget, LMG's got a 90% range suppressor penalty in that game while SMG's only got 25-30% range reduction. There you go. Meanwhile LMG's have gotten generally slower fire rates, lower mag capacities and ammo overall, and with some a general damage reduction.

I didn't confirm that SMG's have been the same for the past five years. You're saying there's no point in arguing, then continue to argue, without making any real points.

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
The maps are not flank heavy as you make them out to be. IW was the most notorious one out of all the COD's. Point Du Huc is the flank heavy one in this game. This COD is very easy to control the flow of the map. And I still disagree with SMG's being that good in this game. If I am getting melted by an SMG player, I change my class and my playstyle and usually go with shotguns or sniper and humble their ass.
Yes they are as flank heavy as I make them out to be. And no the maps are not easy to control. There are so many entrances to buildings and alternate routes that it's absurd.

The SMG's are that good in this game. But like I keep saying, and as many other people have said, the maps are basically built for them, which is one of the reasons they're so powerful, especially when you add in that they're the only weapons that can use a suppressor. Yes you can succeed with other weapons, but I never said you couldn't, and that was never my point to begin with.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i did continue to argue yes, the razorback was weak, the pros didnt use it. youre trying to speak with an air of authority but your facts are innacurate..any regular codders knows smgs have been the same since BO2. Anyway i will bow out, seems most are disagreeing with your statements, you have plenty of leaks to plug.

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
i did continue to argue yes, the razorback was weak, the pros didnt use it. youre trying to speak with an air of authority but your facts are innacurate..any regular codders knows smgs have been the same since BO2. Anyway i will bow out.
Pros aren't regular players playing in a public environment so that isn't particularly relevant. The Razorback wasn't weak, it was one of the stronger SMG's. Oh, and the VMP has no business being able to kill people at medium range like it did, and the pros loved that gun.

You also totally ignored a fact about suppressor penalties in that game which shows how obvious it is that brute catering to SMG's and rushing in Call of Duty.

I'm not speaking with an air of authority. I've played CoD since CoD 3, and know the balance between SMG's and the rest of the weapons has not been the same since Black Ops 2. It's obvious what they've been doing, and weapon stats prove it, when you look at AR's and LMG's from games in the last number of years.

Have a good night.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
pros are the ones who maximise weapons potential, sorry man i cant get on board with you, but no harm done.

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
pros are the ones who maximise weapons potential, sorry man i cant get on board with you, but no harm done.
I agree that they generally are. But from playing public matches in BO3 it was common for me to see the same thing from pretty average players, which is why it stood out as indicative of a problem.

I can't get on board with your perspective either, but indeed, no harm done. We just have some rather different perspectives on this stuff.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Just wrapped up the campaign (took about 6.5 hours for me), and left with mixed feelings. I definitely enjoyed the second half a lot more than the first; I feel like there was a little less jumping around and they got to focus more on the characters. Overall, if I were ranking campaigns, it would probably fall somewhere in the middle. Better than IW, BO3, and Ghosts, but didn't hit as hard as AW, the first two Black Ops games, and the Modern Warfare games. Not sure if I'm even gonna touch multiplayer on this one, since there as so many other games out right now.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
As a lover of the IW campaign and think it's up there with the best of the CoD ones, WW2 so far is totally uninspired.

One of my main criticisms is your partner AI - I'm currently doing it on veteran and while every enemy is a super solider which is fine, your teammates are a bunch of baboons who can't hit shit. They literally do nothing apart from throw you stuff when ask, and to further that point, you can't be far away from the person who you want health/ammo/whatever, so you generally always have to leave cover to get closer to be able to ask for it.

For example, at the end of chapter 3 you are defending outside a church, and Pierson shouts out (to no one in particular)

"GET ON THAT FLAMETHROWER AND THEM AWAY"

Stiles then says straight away in response

"Okay sir!"

What does he do? NOTHING. He hugs against the wall letting enemies literally run past him to shoot at you.

It's totally ridiculous and so by the numbers so far.

Zombies and MP are top notch though.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I'm so glad Call of Duty not only went back to World War II, but the year 2002, when shooting explosive barrels (or gas cans in this case) and dumbass quick time events were still considered ideas that didn't completely fucking suck.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I hate the way you are ALWAYS the one being picked to do shit. In IW it kinda makes sense since you're the captain and ordering people, but out of a whole squad of people, you are ALWAYS the one doing this stuff.

I don't know, I'm just really not enjoying this campaign so far.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Getting tired of teammates killing me for care packages. Either bring back ricochet or make it were care packages can only be to yours for 10 seconds.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a big fan of best kill cam. I've gotten a few good kills with the sticky grenades and nothing to show it.

Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Just finished the campaign and while there were some awesome set pieces I didnt enjoy it as much as I did compared to last years COD campaign. I particularly liked the tank battle where I had to face off against against a tiger tank. Its just such a shame they didnt have more missions involving tanks. I would of loved to experience tank battles like in the movie FURY.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is the most fun I've had with CoD MP in awhile. Love that they simplified it again, getting away from all the double jumping and wall running nonsense.

Now that I can play it, I think it's great. Fortunately, it's been smooth all night for me outside of one laggy match and being alone in HQ, which I don't even care about.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The final kill cam for MVP in this game is such trash. A guy got it for a single hip fire kill to the knees.

Wut ?

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Also, I hate the way you are ALWAYS the one being picked to do shit. In IW it kinda makes sense since you're the captain and ordering people, but out of a whole squad of people, you are ALWAYS the one doing this stuff.

I don't know, I'm just really not enjoying this campaign so far.

What's the alternative? Sit and watch an AI "partner" do it? Because I know which I'd prefer.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm loving the game, but I'm just playing terribly in multiplayer. I maxed prestiges three other CoDs, but haven't really played since the jetpack era started. What the F can I do? What guns should I be using? How fast should I be moving? I feel like I've never played an FPS when they're my favorite genre.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The final kill cam for MVP in this game is such trash. A guy got it for a single hip fire kill to the knees.

Wut ?

It definitely needs tweaking. I was expecting it to be an Overwatch-style "Play of the Game" thing, but at the moment it just seems to pick random-ass moments from the match for some reason.

Champy

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
Can someone put in perspective why the title, GIF are so well done here?

I don't play CoD, but follow all the microtransaction news

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It definitely needs tweaking. I was expecting it to be an Overwatch-style "Play of the Game" thing, but at the moment it just seems to pick random-ass moments from the match for some reason.

It favors multi kills. But it will pick like losing team last place multi kill.

I go first get a triple with shotty and lose out to a DK

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
If you go to settings and view console info, there is a bandwidth line. Is that measuring download or upload? I hope upload. Mine just shows 4956Kbps

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Been playing on and off since release. It's classic COD world war fighting. Sometime it's boring but then a nice set-piece comes on and then your back on your stomach picking krauts off one by one.

It's not a bad time. Definitely feels like an early 2000 game that got brought forward in a time machine. I like the health pack system and the buddy/ability system is cool but could use a lot of work.

The train
set-piece was great and the whole leading up to freeing
Paris was fun. So yeah, not super great but it is a better world war experience then what Battlefield 1 offered for sure. It's kind of nice going back to this style of game.

As for MP, I guess they shut down the online destiny meet up space. I'm the only one in there every time I load up. "WAR" mode is a lot of fun and feels like a tiny mini mission, the beach storm is great.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man anyone else feel like you just can't do anything in some matches? Like I had a domination match that started off good and then suddenly became where I could no longer kill anyone. Like you can't even play safe cause you just get insta killed the moment they see you.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Well have not bought a COD game in a very long time. Just bought the game, time to suit up!

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't figure out how to get my second hour of Double Xp to work today. It worked fine the first day and now today nothing. Says I have 3 hours in the bank. And I see an icon in my mail box...but when I click it nothing happens.

Kinda confused here.

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
Am I missing something here? I have yet to see another soul in the social area. No one to wave to or do 1v1 battles with. This is two nights straight now.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of on the fence about getting this game at the moment. I don't like Wolfenstein, I'm kind of getting bored with Assassin's Creed, and I've finished all my weeklies on Destiny.

Yeah, the HQ was a horrible idea. Just give me straight lobbies in COD, as I don't need or want to see other players doing jumping jacks and opening loot boxes.
That figures.

The social area in Destiny 2 being the way that it is is one of the most frustrating things at the moment. For a zone that takes like 5 seconds to load, you end up waiting in a loading screen for like 2 minutes while the game tries to find a lobby to throw you in. I'm not going to the tower to go dance with other people. I'm going to decrypt engrams and turn in tokens.

Seems kind of dumb that they pulled in an aspect from Destiny without looking at how big a problem it actually is in Destiny.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying the 1.5 hours or so I've put in the game so far. Campaign looks solid after 2 missions, not too heavy on the storyline (it is history we know after all) but fairly neat in the characters and their interactions. A nice variety of setpieces too. Multiplayer looks good, albeit I only played TDM and KC so far. Snipers are, as always, broken af but that's always been like that in COD. Being able to put the silencer on and off the gun at will is a feature I'll painfully miss when I go back to older titles.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
Rented the game tonight and played the first 3 campaign missions. Wanted to see what MP is like but it hasnt finished installing the MP game? Bar is at 3/4s and not moving anymore. On Xbox one.

This a known issue?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Managed to get Round 18 in Zombies. This is once again annoyingly ambiguous. Pretty much impossible to succeed unless you can properly communicate with teammates.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So, what I had seen from GB's quick look on the campaign made it look stale, but the missions I played were pretty decent. Nothing exceptional, but worthwhile.

Dernus

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing on pc and this has to be some of the worst hit reg I've ever seen in a modern fps. I swore I wouldn't buy this shit this year but I got it so cheap I couldn't resist and I think I should of just went out to eat or something instead.

GodlyTwins

Oct 30, 2017
Been having a blast with this game.

The campaign is pretty good, but Veteran difficulty is kicking my ass at certain points but very doable. Love the squad abilities/mechanics that revolve around the characters and makes you feel more invested in the story. I think I'm halfway through the story, probably gonna finish it tomorrow.

COD MP is fun and tolerable again with no more advanced movement system. Really wish I could have my high school squad back a few years ago because those dudes were disgustingly good at the game. Everyone seems to be sticking to automatic weapons for now until they find out how great semi autos are in hardcore playlists. The headquarters world seems like a good concept, but poorly executed since I have yet to see anyone while walking around on there. Only played around 10 matches so far because of the server issues, but I think it's been fixed for now. Only had 2 spotty connections in the games that I've played and that was probably due to family streaming crap.

Zombies is great and actually got a few scares out of me. I like the objectives that they give you so you know how to proceed with the EE. Only thing I hate is how the characters react to zombies ("euuuuughughghhh") every freakin' time you turn around; was cool for the first few moments but then it gets really repetitive and annoying.