• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see any threads made for this so thought I would. If only the OT maker is able to then you may close this!

Open Critic: 85
Meta Critic: 86

Digital Chumps
9.5 / 10.0
95 / 100

GamesBeat
94 / 100
94 / 100

GamingTrend
90 / 100
90 / 100

Hardcore Gamer
4.5 / 5.0
90 / 100

Impulsegamer
4.5 / 5.0
90 / 100

PlayStation LifeStyle
9.0 / 10.0
90 / 100

AusGamers
9.0 / 10.0
90 / 100

GameSpot
9 / 10
90 / 100

God is a Geek
9.0 / 10.0
90 / 100

Attack of the Fanboy
90 / 100

Game Informer
8.8 / 10.0
88 / 100

COGconnected
85 / 100
85 / 100

EGM
8.5 / 10.0
85 / 100

Critical Hit
8.5 / 10.0
85 / 100

IGN Italy
8.5 / 10.0
85 / 100

NZGamer
8.5 / 10.0
85 / 100

IGN Spain
8.3 / 10.0
83 / 100

Telegraph
80 / 100

Xbox Achievements
80%
80 / 100

GamesRadar+
80 / 100

M3
7 / 10
70 / 100

Gadgets 360
7 / 10
70 / 100
Ign and Polygon are still reviews in progress.

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this game's campaign. Happy to see it's getting decent reviews.

Asterix

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I skipped the last few CoD games, but I'm all in on WWII. I'm just glad to leave the future scifi setting and go back in time to some boots on ground gameplay.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see reviewers are once again going to let a new low in lootbox scams go unpunished. And so the cycle will continue unimpeded.

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently on the mission and my initial impressions are very strong. Playing on PS4 Pro.

That's good. I love CoD campaigns. Its kind of a lot of money to throw at a 6 hour experience, but whatever, I like it.
It's a step down from IW.

But then again, IW is far and away the best CoD campaign, so Sledgehammer really had no fucking chance to equal it.
I would pay a lot of money to play a game like Infinite Warfare's campaign but thats 2 to 3 times longer. With more side-stuff too.

mark1982

Oct 31, 2017
Those are some impressive scores, haven't played a COD in a while, but I'm the rare type that only plays the single player campaign for shooters. So I'll just wait for a sale if the campaign is good.

MiguelBañón

Oct 30, 2017
Spain
I'm really looking forward to play this game. Everything to me seems interesting. This will be the last CoD I buy, doesn't matter it being good or bad. It is just the CoD I've been waiting for since Black Ops 1, so I will be playing it for the next couple of years until I lose interest, since I'm not buying anything else from Sledgehammer, Infinity Ward or Treyarch anymore. I know they won't do anything similar to a possible "old war" CoD, and I'm totally done with that futuristic setting and the parkour BS.

To be honest I was hesitant until a week ago, more or less, to even buy this one. That microtransactions patent that got leaked was really too much for me to stand. And it is one of the main reasons why I've decided not buying a single thing else from Activision and their studies. I will try to enjoy this one, give a proper good bye to this franchise, which has been with me since I was a teenager, and bury it for good.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I was just watching some streams and I kept getting the impression that the graphics were only very so-so. I watched one guy play the campaign and two others play multiplayer. I haven't followed CoD games in a long time, have graphics not really been a big thing with them because I was not impressed with what I saw - at all.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I was just watching some streams and I kept getting the impression that the graphics were only very so-so. I watched one guy play the campaign and two others play multiplayer. I haven't followed CoD games in a long time, have graphics not really been a big thing with them because I was not impressed with what I saw - at all.

I've noticed this latest COD looks far worse in videos than it should.

As far as previous games go, they all look pretty great.

Plasmids

Oct 28, 2017
I'm only about an hour in but enjoying the campaign so far. But I do love the ww2 stuff so maybe I'm biased.

Malawhur

Oct 27, 2017
Those are some impressive scores, haven't played a COD in a while, but I'm the rare type that only plays the single player campaign for shooters. So I'll just wait for a sale if the campaign is good.
Exactly my thoughts. Plus, I miss the ww2 era campaigns so I will probably pick this one up with a sale.

Darth Vapor

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Star
Hey, I'm kinda surprised by those scores. I just finished watching the GB quick look and they didn't seem super high on it. It looked like a refined pre-MW COD, to me.

Maybe it has more to offer than their impressions suggest.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
6-7 hour campaign is a little on the short side to consider a full price purchase. But I really want to play through that one. Might get it used.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
The campaign looks pretty good but I find curious the way some tests are done. In france, our main videogame site (jeuxvideo.com) said they did test the game at a press event in london. They play the game for twenty hours, but what I can recall from my "game journalist days" is that you are a bit "influence" in these conditions. Well, the game will probably be good anyway.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They always review well because they're always tight campaigns with high production values. The real test is after 1 month once the multiplayer has been stress tested for balance, and the minor flaws come out. Also no one with any profile is going to risk their future activision coverage with a 6/10.

tldr COD reviews are almost always worthless.

spelk

Oct 30, 2017
I'm keen on seeing the spectacle that will be the single player game. It's often a kind of rollercoaster ride that you sit in and shoot a few things.

I watched the Divisions Insider, the "class" system employed in their multiplayer and it left me cold and wanting for more diversity and utility.. but then COD multiplayer was always geared more toward lone-wolf twitch gameplay than any class or co-operative systems.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Call of Duty always seemed assembly line to me. Have the games ever been decent?

The 2nd one is an all time classic on PC. The first two Black Ops games are both generally considered pretty great. MW & MW2 are in a league of their own.

The rest, as with any game series/genre, have their audience (which is huge), but obviously aren't for everyone.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Off and on fan since the series' inception. The ones that I liked, I fucking LOVED. Some were okay, and some I didn't bother to touch.

My faves were 1, MW, MW2, BO, and BO2. I didn't care much for 2, 3, or Ghosts.

MW3 was not bad but not the best. Same with AW. There was potential there but I hated how hard it was to breathe for a second in the MP. You could just die at any moment. It's like cover was useless.

Having said allllll that, I am super down for WW2. Gonna be great to go back and see it with modern tech. I look forward to it. My PC is okay but it's showing its age now. I have no idea how my system would even run it. I managed Doom 4 at 40-60 fps with a mix of mid-high settings at 1920x1080 but my computer did straight up crash entirely once while playing.

I don't think I'd wanna play this on PS4...

Interested in single player and multi. Last COD I was super super into was BO2. I really love that game. Arguably my fave COD along with BO1. I didn't check out 3. Seemed too much like AW. A bit too out there? Never bothered with IW either. Was there a Ghosts 2 I forgot about lol? Ghosts was okay, but I really barely played it. It ran like shit.

...wow that post jumped all over the place.

Anyways I'm hyped for WW2, can't wait.

Last edited: