• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had a hard time coming up with a thread title that makes sense, but basically stuff like this:

ocarina_of_wtf_by_iamalbertwesker-d3d8ycx.jpg

I have no idea why I find this so funny, but I do

I've never personally done anything like this, but has anyone else here done this?

Feel free to post more pics

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
when we played through final fantasy 8 for the first time, me and a friend named squall's necklace lion "fulhuvud" (swedish for ugly-head) instead of "griever" and then forgot about it until the final boss to our surprise had that name

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
When i was younger playing Chrono Trigger i once named Lucca "Geeee", solely for one single scene (when you break out of jail) to have the text read:

"Geeee: Geeee! seems like you didn't need my help!"

Col.Asher

Nov 10, 2017
It can be really funny in mother 3 as you can name yourself, your favorite thing and your favorite food. So you can be called slut, you love anal, and your favorite food is dicks. This really fucks with the tone of the game so I've never done it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I watched an LP of Ocarina of Time with the name being 'Shut Up'.

It was quite appropriate in more than a few circumstances considering Link doesn't speak and all.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy 7 is significantly improved by naming the main character Batman.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
I named the party members in FFVI after beef stew ingredients

My personal favorite was naming Shadow Noodle, but the funniest moment was completely unintentional. Since I named Edgar Potato, one of the prisoners at Figaro mentioned "We're just small potatoes, King Potato knows that."

Wish I wasn't on my phone so I could post screens

KNTomg

May 18, 2018
This "technique" reminds me of what they do on Game Grumps lol

The OOT scene with Princess Zelda and Slurmp was priceless.

(Starts at minute 7:20)

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space
I once named my entire party im FF7 after sitcom characters.
Cloud=RikiRicardo
Aerith=LuciOBall
Barrett=Mr,Jefferson
Tifa=BettyBoop
Red XIII=Comet
Vincent=UncleJesse
Yuffie=KimmiGibler
Cid=ArchieBunker
CaitSith=AFuknCat (I got lazy)

I also named all my pokemon after comedians and stuff. I had a Raichu named Rosie O Donnel, a Charmander named Conan O Brian, a Clefable named Costanza and a Haunter named Kramer. I was a weird kid

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could never do that, not because I find it immature as some of the example are funny but because I self insert myself into the game so I always name the character after me.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
well this thread went from funny to gross in no time flat.

Relax grandma it's still funny.

My brother did something similar back in the day except he used to name all his characters donsgame until he played one game and it cut off the e so he ended up with donsgam. He ended up going with that for the rest of his time growing up. Still uses it as his online handle in fact.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For anyone out there who ever made the mistake of thinking the main character was called "Zelda"...

3f95f64d66fe371dac144e112e2818d6.jpg

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I remember renting Final Fantasy 2 on SNES and loading a file where every character was named Golbez... It was mystifying.