• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rancey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Shining Force 4, the real Shining Force 4, is the one game I think I'd really lose my dang nut over.

Even knowing before I opened this thread it was highly unlikely, I felt a kind of 'everybody stop, I need to know everything' kind of thing.

I'm talking if I was watching a stream of some conference and 'Shining Force 4' faded in like at the end of that FFVII:Remake trailer, it'd be lots of noise and moving around totally embarrassing kinds of excitment. If they did it right.

If they're gonna do it, only do it right.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
If and whenever this newfangled Shining Force IV happens, I want Yoshitaka Tamaki to design and illustrate both characters and monsters. He really deserves the work and he got his start largely by working on the first two Shining games. Few aside from me even know the name Fangs: The Saga of Wolf Blood, anyway.
That would be amazing. Loved his art. And I didn't know about that Fangs thing either!

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Same. Well, only if Tony Taka isn't involved. If he is, then that game could die in a dumpster fire.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Why can't Treasure port Radiant Silvergun HD and Guardian Heroes HD to PS4/Steam?

I have them on my XBL account but I would buy them all over again.

Gungriffon

Oct 30, 2017
I really expected a classic style Shining Force game to release one Fire Emblem Awakening was a good size hit, Shining Force 3 1-3 was so damn epic.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Sega owns Guardian Heroes and MS holds the publishing right to RSHD.

But Treasure owns Radiant Silvergun, I wouldn't believe it's permanent to MGS.

They could just re-port the game in 4K for PS4 and Steam and it would be a new game since it wouldn't be rehashing the 360 version probably.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
But Treasure owns Radiant Silvergun, I wouldn't believe it's permanent to MGS.

They could just re-port the game in 4K for PS4 and Steam and it would be a new game since it wouldn't be rehashing the 360 version probably.

The only reason they were able to do the HD upgrade for X360 was because MS paid for it, they're not going to be able to do a 4K remaster on their own dime and they don't want to release a straight port of the original game. (They also have basically no employees, or didn't until recently.)

You might want to move this conversation to this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...al-games-have-something-to-show-in-2018.2277/

deadpixels

Oct 30, 2017
Newark, Delaware
So long as it returned to its tactical, turn-based roots I'd be game. I've always thought SEGA's CANVAS engine that was used for the Valkyria games would have been an excellent fit for a Shining Force sequel.

XenoTar

Jan 23, 2018
Nope, it's just that many years ago Capcom was publishing one of their golf game so fans speculated that maybe Camelot could be doing a new Breath of Fire too.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10339/1/camelot-considering-breath-of-fire-rpg-revival.html

What's interesting about the interview above is that Takahashi bros. confirmed how part of Camelot's RPG team defected around 2005.

So that's what happened. That's why Dark Dawn was hard to produce. Because part of the team left the company.

I just wish Camelot didn't do so much /sports/. At least Aces look decent.