CamERA Equipment |OT| Photon Capturing Comparison Club

Oct 25, 2017

Imagine thinking ERA would have anything but whataboutisms about that thread.

I would never sell mine, but if I didn't already have mine I would seriously consider the 20mm and put the rest towards the 135mm 1.8
Get the 135 regardless. That thread is a shit show.
must stop posting in that dumbass thread.
I'm waiting for the "I'll beat the ass of anybody that takes my picture" response. Cops really can't say anything to me for taking your picture, but they can do something about you assaulting me.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Has there been any rumours of a 50r update? I’m thinking of selling my Leica and Nikon bodies and moving fully to Fuji. The M10 is just too delicate for the streets of Asia and the Z6 has been collecting dust ever since I bought the X-Pro3.

I know they just released the GFX100 but I can’t imagine lugging that thing around everyday lol.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Not anytime soon, these are still very advanced. I'd expect XH2 in 2021, maybe GFX50R/S as well. Are you basically looking for a higher fidelity device? If Z6 is collecting dust, I can't recommend the upcoming R5 or any Sonys. They are all the same shit give or take. Sell all that and get a Leica Q2. I don't see why that'd be too delicate for Asia.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Not anytime soon, these are still very advanced. I'd expect XH2 in 2021, maybe GFX50R/S as well. Are you basically looking for a higher fidelity device? If Z6 is collecting dust, I can't recommend the upcoming R5 or any Sonys. They are all the same shit give or take. Sell all that and get a Leica Q2. I don't see why that'd be too delicate for Asia.
Yeah the Z6 was great but I’ve always preferred rangefinder bodies over SLR. It’s unfortunate that only one brand makes them with FF sensors :/

The Q2 is an interesting choice. I never quite took to the original Q’s 28mm focal length but maybe the new one has enough resolution to make the crop modes work.

If not, then yeah I’ll just go ahead and get a used 50r (I’d love to buy them new but Fuji Malaysia doesn’t understand the concept of sales lol). I don’t plan on using AF on that thing anyway.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017

Ivalice

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any rumours of a 50r update? I’m thinking of selling my Leica and Nikon bodies and moving fully to Fuji. The M10 is just too delicate for the streets of Asia and the Z6 has been collecting dust ever since I bought the X-Pro3.

I know they just released the GFX100 but I can’t imagine lugging that thing around everyday lol.
An alternative to consider is the SL2.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man the XT4 is a BEAST.

I don't need it lol, but damn Fujifilm pretty much own the APS-C game, all tehy need now is a high MP APS-C camera to put everyone to shame.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Went to the only Leica store in my country with the intention of selling off my M10 and maybe test out the Q2.

Came back with a receipt for an M10 Monochrom.

I’m a weak man.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Man the XT4 is a BEAST.

I don't need it lol, but damn Fujifilm pretty much own the APS-C game, all tehy need now is a high MP APS-C camera to put everyone to shame.
They don't even need a high MP camera either, 26 MP is very good. Obviously higher MP would be great for even bigger prints and/or cropping closer, but it introduces noise as well. If they can hit 30 MP with one stop noise reduction, that'll be hell of a sensor. File size is an issue as well, even 50 MB files are hard/slow to process, take up space, sometimes you start hitting impracticality.

That said I hope the next gen Fuji is around 30, and the R5 is around 45 or something. But it's tough to have a very high burst rate with those kinda numbers. And noise increases as well. There are bird shooters complaining about the A7R4 noise, which I had no idea about. Sometimes less is more.

Oct 25, 2017
They don't even need a high MP camera either, 26 MP is very good. Obviously higher MP would be great for even bigger prints and/or cropping closer, but it introduces noise as well. If they can hit 30 MP with one stop noise reduction, that'll be hell of a sensor. File size is an issue as well, even 50 MB files are hard/slow to process, take up space, sometimes you start hitting impracticality.
Noise and diffraction.

I just don't think there's a real market for high MP APS-C