• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
d0c.jpg

Imagine thinking ERA would have anything but whataboutisms about that thread.

That FE 20mm F1.8G will be mine. I already sold my 24gm anyway.

I would never sell mine, but if I didn't already have mine I would seriously consider the 20mm and put the rest towards the 135mm 1.8

Oct 25, 2017
d0c.jpg

Imagine thinking ERA would have anything but whataboutisms about that thread.

I would never sell mine, but if I didn't already have mine I would seriously consider the 20mm and put the rest towards the 135mm 1.8
Get the 135 regardless. That thread is a shit show.
must stop posting in that dumbass thread.
I'm waiting for the "I'll beat the ass of anybody that takes my picture" response. Cops really can't say anything to me for taking your picture, but they can do something about you assaulting me.

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of this forum is utter trash that's why I try not to get engaged too often. The hangouts threads tend to be the best.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Has there been any rumours of a 50r update? I'm thinking of selling my Leica and Nikon bodies and moving fully to Fuji. The M10 is just too delicate for the streets of Asia and the Z6 has been collecting dust ever since I bought the X-Pro3.

I know they just released the GFX100 but I can't imagine lugging that thing around everyday lol.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Not anytime soon, these are still very advanced. I'd expect XH2 in 2021, maybe GFX50R/S as well. Are you basically looking for a higher fidelity device? If Z6 is collecting dust, I can't recommend the upcoming R5 or any Sonys. They are all the same shit give or take. Sell all that and get a Leica Q2. I don't see why that'd be too delicate for Asia.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
In fact get a 50r and the 50mm lens, which is 50% off....the combo itself is $1500 off, at $4K. That's a crazy deal for what it is.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Not anytime soon, these are still very advanced. I'd expect XH2 in 2021, maybe GFX50R/S as well. Are you basically looking for a higher fidelity device? If Z6 is collecting dust, I can't recommend the upcoming R5 or any Sonys. They are all the same shit give or take. Sell all that and get a Leica Q2. I don't see why that'd be too delicate for Asia.

Yeah the Z6 was great but I've always preferred rangefinder bodies over SLR. It's unfortunate that only one brand makes them with FF sensors :/

The Q2 is an interesting choice. I never quite took to the original Q's 28mm focal length but maybe the new one has enough resolution to make the crop modes work.

If not, then yeah I'll just go ahead and get a used 50r (I'd love to buy them new but Fuji Malaysia doesn't understand the concept of sales lol). I don't plan on using AF on that thing anyway.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 431

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any rumours of a 50r update? I'm thinking of selling my Leica and Nikon bodies and moving fully to Fuji. The M10 is just too delicate for the streets of Asia and the Z6 has been collecting dust ever since I bought the X-Pro3.

I know they just released the GFX100 but I can't imagine lugging that thing around everyday lol.
An alternative to consider is the SL2.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man the XT4 is a BEAST.

I don't need it lol, but damn Fujifilm pretty much own the APS-C game, all tehy need now is a high MP APS-C camera to put everyone to shame.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Went to the only Leica store in my country with the intention of selling off my M10 and maybe test out the Q2.

Came back with a receipt for an M10 Monochrom.

I'm a weak man.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Man the XT4 is a BEAST.

I don't need it lol, but damn Fujifilm pretty much own the APS-C game, all tehy need now is a high MP APS-C camera to put everyone to shame.
They don't even need a high MP camera either, 26 MP is very good. Obviously higher MP would be great for even bigger prints and/or cropping closer, but it introduces noise as well. If they can hit 30 MP with one stop noise reduction, that'll be hell of a sensor. File size is an issue as well, even 50 MB files are hard/slow to process, take up space, sometimes you start hitting impracticality.

That said I hope the next gen Fuji is around 30, and the R5 is around 45 or something. But it's tough to have a very high burst rate with those kinda numbers. And noise increases as well. There are bird shooters complaining about the A7R4 noise, which I had no idea about. Sometimes less is more.

Oct 25, 2017
They don't even need a high MP camera either, 26 MP is very good. Obviously higher MP would be great for even bigger prints and/or cropping closer, but it introduces noise as well. If they can hit 30 MP with one stop noise reduction, that'll be hell of a sensor. File size is an issue as well, even 50 MB files are hard/slow to process, take up space, sometimes you start hitting impracticality.

Noise and diffraction.

I just don't think there's a real market for high MP APS-C

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Hey all,
First time posting in the photography thread, I honestly forgot it was a thing here.

Was hoping to get a second opinion on Sony's here.

I'm primarily a Nikon user, have had a D750 for a couple years now, all my flashes and lenses, Nikon compatible.

Was thinking of getting a Sony Mirrorless camera, maybe the full frame A7. I remember a friend having one awhile back and he was always bragging about the dynamic range being superior to my camera and all this other stuff. Recently I saw he sold it and I asked why? He said it doesn't capture accurate colors?

Is there any truth to that? To the point you wouldn't pick it up for say....a second body. I probaby wouldn't take it to shoot weddings and events. Nor would I probaby take it for astrophotography or lightning chasing. I would still primarily use my d750 for that. But just messing around with sunsets and long exposures, or some bracketing early in the morning on nature trails. I just have the itch you know? To try a different brand.

So Sony Mirrorless cameras? What's your thoughts or should I just save up for the Nikon mirrorless instead. Either way I would have to invest in different lenses anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all,
First time posting in the photography thread, I honestly forgot it was a thing here.

I'm primarily a Nikon user, have had a D750 for a couple years now, all my flashes and lenses, Nikon compatible.

Was thinking of getting a Sony Mirrorless camera, maybe the full frame A7. I remember a friend having one awhile back and he was always bragging about the dynamic range being superior to my camera and all this other stuff. Recently I saw he sold it and I asked why? He said it doesn't capture accurate colors?

Is there any truth to that? To the point you wouldn't pick it up for say....a second body. I probaby wouldn't take it to shoot weddings and events. Nor would I probaby take it for astrophotography or lightning chasing. I would still primarily use my d750 for that. But just messing around with sunsets and long exposures, or some bracketing early in the morning on nature trails. I just have the itch you know? To try a different brand.

So Sony Mirrorless cameras? What's your thoughts or should I just save up for the Nikon mirrorless instead. Either way I would have to invest in different lenses anyway.
Do you actually feel limited by the dynamic range of your D750? According to DxOMark the Sony A7 III has 0.2EV greater dynamic range than the D750. No camera will capture "Accurate colours". If you use the JPEGs what you see is the camera manufacturer's interpretation of what accurate colours are. If you actually shoot raw, you are the one who gets to make the decision on colour accuracy by editing the image. I'd stick with Nikon for better lens compatibility, maybe you don't even need to jump to mirrorless, as the D850 could be a viable upgrade path.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all,

I'm on Sony, Nikon and Fuji, your friend can't edit the Sony raws. They come in a bit bland, but once you know what you're doing and what you want to do they're fine to edit. I've shot countless events on my A7RII and A7RIII, same with Fuji, same with Nikon and my photo editor and jobs design team has no problem and probably has no idea which file came off of which camera. We're currently doing an ad campaign shot off my RIII.
A7RIII:
AR308029 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307566 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307331 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307234 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR303636 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR304030 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
I went crazy here:
AR308906 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR309142 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR306338 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
Do you actually feel limited by the dynamic range of your D750? According to DxOMark the Sony A7 III has 0.2EV greater dynamic range than the D750. No camera will capture "Accurate colours". If you use the JPEGs what you see is the camera manufacturer's interpretation of what accurate colours are. If you actually shoot raw, you are the one who gets to make the decision on colour accuracy by editing the image. I'd stick with Nikon for better lens compatibility, maybe you don't even need to jump to mirrorless, as the D850 could be a viable upgrade path.
Sony isn't a "Jpeg" system, but for me neither is Fuji.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I have my eye on the d850, will probably rent it for the air show this memorial day weekend honestly.

Yeah he was talking about color depth and things of that nature and I was perplexed by that because of the RAW argument.

Once you have so much invested in one brand it's kind of hard to start up another family of lenses.

Oct 25, 2017
I have my eye on the d850, will probably rent it for the air show this memorial day weekend honestly.

Yeah he was talking about color depth and things of that nature and I was perplexed by that because of the RAW argument.

Once you have so much invested in one brand it's kind of hard to start up another family of lenses.
Only if you don't have common sense. I've shifted to two different brands and have even gotten back into shooting Nikon. What lenses do you have?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm on Sony, Nikon and Fuji, your friend can't edit the Sony raws. They come in a bit bland, but once you know what you're doing and what you want to do they're fine to edit. I've shot countless events on my A7RII and A7RIII, same with Fuji, same with Nikon and my photo editor and jobs design team has no problem and probably has no idea which file came off of which camera. We're currently doing an ad campaign shot off my RIII.
A7RIII:
AR308029 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307566 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307331 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR307234 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR303636 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR304030 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
I went crazy here:
AR308906 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR309142 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR306338 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr

Sony isn't a "Jpeg" system, but for me neither is Fuji.
Well I guess a better question for you is, why shoot across three brands. Besides the love of photography, do you find certain brand lenses achieve certian looks better. I was taught by this girl, who basically interned under this destination wedding photographer in Okinawa. I've always noticed she would use her Fuji for only particular shots but her Canon for her usual spread through out the night. Always insisted on doing the ring shots with the Fuji. Whenever I asked why she would just be like "just the way I do it plus I feel bad that I neglect it most of the night"

So is it the love of variety or do they serve different purposes.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I guess a better question for you is, why shoot across three brands. Besides the love of photography, do you find certain brand lenses achieve certian looks better. I was taught by this girl, who basically interned under this destination wedding photographer in Okinawa. I've always noticed she would use her Fuji for only particular shots but her Canon for her usual spread through out the night. Always insisted on doing the ring shots with the Fuji. Whenever I asked why she would just be like "just the way I do it plus I feel bad that I neglect it most of the night"

So is it the love of variety or do they serve different purposes.
Variety. Nikon's starting to turn into my park camera because of the 200-500 though. My Nikon ecosystem has to play a little bit of catch up though because it's missing an exotic portrait prime which I'm looking to get a 105 1.4 for. Sometimes just to achieve a certain look on the Fuji side because I use their film sims in post to enhance my edits. Also I think I bounce around a bit so nothing feels super routine and I can still have fun with it. Gives everything a different feeling.
The usual suspects
Nikon 20, 35, 50, 85
Sigma 70-200 f2.8
Tamron 24-70 f2.8
Sigma 150-600 for air shows and moon rise
Rokinon 14mm for my Astro stuff though it seems soft around the edges.
Yeah all of that looks about right, I'd be find with all of that minus the 50, I just have no love for that focal length. I'm either a 35 guy or something longer like a 135 for example. I almost got a 150-600, but settled on the 200-500, Nikon picks some very odd focal lengths.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I also happen to work smack dab between Canon and Nikon headquarters in NY, I have a friend that will probably get me into a Canon program there where they basically give you assignments to shoot. Looking into it.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Canon lenses are sublime. But to your original question, if you're familiar with Nikon, why not Nikon mirrorless. The shape would be more familiar to you. I'm assuming you can adapt those lenses as well.