• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I struggle with this question having Trump supporters as family members. The problem is that someone who supports Trump is either 1) racist and cool with Trump's racism, 2) not racist, but okay with voting for a racist (not sure if this even makes sense) or 3) does not believe that Trump is racist or is in denial to it. Number 3 makes some sense given that nearly every racist denies their racism, our media is trash and doesn't call out Trump on his racism enough, and is afraid most of the time to even call him a racist. I also wonder if a person can be good in some regards, but bad in others, like political beliefs. In the same way that Ben Carson is brilliant as a physician but a moron in all other regards. Or do you consider it all or nothing, that a Trump supporter cannot be a good person?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
bdd.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, "good" is a spectrum.

I think that Trump supporters can be good to certain people:

- People who look like them
- People who believe what they believe
- The occasional token person who is different so that they can keep up the concept of themselves that they have as good or fair people

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. Cut all Trump supporters out of your life immediately, no exceptions.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really see reconciling supporting a person and party who is so thoroughly and blatantly evil to the poor, immigrants, minorities, ect...

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
My in-laws are great people, I firmly believe that, but they have been brainwashed by thirty years of Republican propaganda. They vote Republican even though on nearly every issue their personal views are at odds with the Party's views. They're smart, caring, people who have been successfully manipulated and twisted so that on some level their own self image is wrapped up in being a Republican and to question that would break them.

The whole thing is fucking sad.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Let's put it this way :
Can you be a good person if you're ok with kids being victimized and will gladly want more being harmed?

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, a person can do some "good" things and some "bad" things.

I don't think it's productive to label people as "good" or "bad" on the whole.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
No I'm afraid, but I don't think shaming them will earn the dems more voters either. You've got your own discretion.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say no but I'm sure there's plenty of people who voted for trump who are overall better people than me. So who am I to judge. That said they're pretty fucking stupid for doing so.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Your intent can be pure and still be a shitty person while doing it.

So no.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Someone closed minded and deluded, perhaps? Perhaps too ignorant to realize how the world actually is. They might seem like good people, but deep inside they could have some problems or mental issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.