• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
It's included in PS Now, so I think there's a good shot it's a mistake while they test replacing PS Now. Don't think it indicates any emulator.

knack2bae

Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I was sent a message about this and had to check.

The PS3 version of DOA 5 is showing up via PS5, when typically PS3 games should only show the PSNow version, without a price.

Can anyone think why this would be the case, or does this mean something else?

I'm looking for another example of this, or rampant speculation, up to you lot.

Could see Sony allowing some PS3 games to be individually bought... and streamed.

Downloads tho... nah.

OP
OP
JordanMiddler

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
Update: Dead Or Alive 5 is *NOT* on PS Now.

DOA Final Round, which, while similar, is crucially a different game, at least as far as PSN is concerned, *is*.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Update: Dead Or Alive 5 is *NOT* on PS Now.

DOA Final Round, which, while similar, is crucially a different game, at least as far as PSN is concerned, *is*.
jVl6eFE.jpg

5tjtBgX.jpg

At least in the US it is included in PS Now. Maybe some jank on PS Store side.

I checked UK's PS Now page and it seems like it's listed there as well.
SW5lLjH.png

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Never get your hopes up.

Could be an error like those PS3 titles during the PS5 launch when it turned out to be just PSNOW error stuff.
Or it could be an error where they got the PS3 store data showing on the PS5 store.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I believe this happened a while ago and it was just an error. I can't find the thread at the moment.
Also if there's already a PS4 port of that game, why exactly would they they make it a PS3 BC game? 🤔

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Meh
Watch it be absolutely nothing
I'm done expecting anything positive from Sony regarding legacy support

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I want is to be able to play PS3 games on PS5 without having to stream them (PS Now is not even offered here anyway). I have a bunch of digital games on my library. It also wouldn't hurt if they decide to add more games to the PS+ collection, more precisely, their hit first party titles.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I could swear something like this has popped up before; PS3 games showing up with prices on PS5. I believe the rumors about the revamped PS Now, but I doubt they'll have the games available for individual purchase too, so this is likely a mistake.

Reminds me of how 3DS and Wii U eShop pages were accidentially made viewable on the Switch eShop for a time.

EbYJhkTXYAIrOU4
EbYLZhZWkAEv7rV

Status
Not open for further replies.