• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017

"My party's not known for worrying about the deficit or the debt too much but it's time for us to start getting into that," Mayor Pete says in NH town hall in response to voter anxious about debt. Says everything his campaign has proposed is paid for.

How is he running for president on the Democratic ticket? McKinsey paid him well I see.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should tell him about the deficit under Clinton or Obama compared to Republican Presidents.

Republicans are only known for "caring" about the deficit when it fits their agenda anyways.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Obama shrank the deficit by 2/3 during his presidency, you apricot.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
At the very least say "neither party" but this is such a bunch of bullshit. This guy is a fucking tool.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
was the voter even anxious about national debt? or personal debt.

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
his top advisor worked for the new york state IDC ("democrats" who caucused with the republicans)

he clearly believes in nothing himself but his donors want right wing so that's what he is now

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Just remember this when folks wheel out all those tired talking points for why he doesn't have black support. Cause we know when shit don't smell right

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I swear this dude was secretly grown in a vat by corporate Dem consultants using a strand of Reagan's greasy hair.

The Serpentor of pumpkin spice mediocrity.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone should tell him about the deficit under Clinton or Obama compared to Republican Presidents.

Republicans are only known for "caring" about the deficit when it fits their agenda anyways.
I think those are all just bad faith attacks. Republicans don't even really care about the deficit, they care about inflation and they care about starving the beast.
I do however think that most Democrats believe that it was smart for Obama to cut the deficit during the great recession or that the budget surplus under Clinton was a good thing.
I strongly disagree on both.

Gotta agree with this. I expected better from the dude, but he has no actual conviction and is just groomed by the influence around him.
I have never heard a good argument why it is okay to apply for that scholarship, and it pisses me to no end how normalized that shit is.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
giphy.gif

Can't wait to never think of this guy again

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Revert the GoP tax cuts and raise them higher on the super wealthy.

Bam. Deficit is cut and programs are funded.

Oct 25, 2017
Mayor Pete is one of the most obvious examples of "When someone shows you who they are, believe them" people out here still caping for this grifter

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think those are all just bad faith attacks. Republicans don't even really care about the deficit, they care about inflation and they care about starving the beast.
I do however think that most Democrats believe that it was smart for Obama to cut the deficit during the great recession or that the budget surplus under Clinton was a good thing.
I strongly disagree on both.
I've heard that argument and can see why since the Clinton surplus directly lead to the Bush tax cuts and in general, they could have put that money in the surplus towards social programs. Can you explain your stance? I'm interested to hear it.

I know having some national debt is a natural position to be in to some extent and it isn't a horrible thing.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Ok, I officially hate him now

Great! Now read his quote about the Tea Party and hate him even more!

"There are some, especially in my party, who think that the tea party is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Republican Party," he continued. "But there are many others who believe that the tea party is motivated by real concerns about the direction of our government, and the responsiveness of our government to citizens, and above all the frustration with business as usual. That is what motivated me to run. And so while we may come from often very different perspectives, I believe we might find that we have a lot in common on that front."

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
What a bunch of horseshit

Dude is addicted to right wing talking points