• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
I've lived in Brooklyn and had a car in Brooklyn a place that is like trying to navigate in a hamster maze while living with 2.7 Million other people and even that doomed recipe for transit doesn't come close to the pain and suffering you will experience living in California. I have now lived in OC for the last 4 years not even LA mind you just good ole OC and every day I decide to go anywhere absolutely anywhere at all there is guaranteed to be an alert on my phone that - "You are on the fastest route despite accidents ahead" GUARANTEED. While driving you see why. People in general don't know how to merge or properly exit the freeway. You have massive abuse of the car pool lane with people darting in and out and a general inconsistency in basic skills - How do I go from one lane to another? How early or late should I brake if I see people braking ahead of me? Can I use the exit ramp as a through lane until the last moment when I have to merge into the adjacent lane forcing everyone to slam on their brakes?.. Yup I can!

This lack of basic sense of course leads to a collision and what do these geniuses do that feel someone hit their back bumper.
They stop. In their lane. In the middle of the freeway and get out of the cars like what just happened is now a crime scene and they want to preserve as much of the evidence as possible.

I don't even have to drive that often and every time I go anywhere I swear its only moments in when I start getting that urge to turn the wheel and drive into oncoming traffic.

giphy.gif

This was my live journal post of the month.
Thanks for your time

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
yeah i thought that as well until i drove on 95 the first time

that being said california is still home to some awful drivers

OP
OP
Bruceleeroy

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Lots of votes already for Miami. I've never been...Scratch that off the list. If its worse than OC I think I would probably go on a crime spree

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Houston is home to both the most polite drivers who will allow you to zipper merge properly and the worst drivers who will actually speed up if put on your turn signal to switch lanes and they're thirty feet behind you. Plus everything in between.

Every day is a gamble because you never know which type of driver you'll come across!

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's Texas.

I've never felt unsafe on a road anywhere...except this fucking hellhole.

Had people.not paying attention crash into my car twice.

I narrowly avoid accidents daily.

I have to drive like I'm anticipating all moves from all drivers like a Jedi or some shit and it's impossible.

You Texan fuckers can't drive because you fuckers don't pay attention. Put your phone down.

I want to run for Governor with a one issue campaign of the death penalty for cell phone usage while driving.

Edit -- only saving grace is Texan drivers don't drive very fast. If they drove with the speed and aggression of Jersey plus the inattentiveness and stupidity of Texas...

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I live in China where many don't care about pedestrians. If there's a car turning, you stop, because the driver sure as hell isn't.

Jehuty

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think New York is pretty easy to drive in, its just tons of bumper to bumper traffic in certain areas. Chicago has its host of maniacs but they mostly like driving fast and disobeying traffic signs (so they can go faster). From all the cities I've been to, I have to say Miami is the only one were I feared for my life. It basically like Max mad down there.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
I used to think so. But then Tijuana and Saigon happened. It's still top 10 though. I used to drive through Garden Grove and Alhambra, those cities are absolutely filled with old drivers that make driving impossible.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
It's so bad that y'all apparently can't keep these people contained within your borders oh no, you gotta let them take their bad driving elsewhere. Love idiots in Nissan Altimas with license plate frames from some dealership in Riverside bringing his shit driving habits up here to Idaho to exhibit to all the yokels here.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
my opinion of the Motor City is that there's no correlation to that and driving well.

It's so bad that y'all apparently can't keep these people contained within your borders oh no, you gotta let them take their bad driving elsewhere. Love idiots in Nissan Altimas with license plate frames from some dealership in Riverside bringing his shit driving habits up here to Idaho to exhibit to all the yokels here.

the exchange program dictates you get them for each one of the enlistment bonus trucks & mustangs you export.

Last edited:

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Everyone says this about where they live. I live in LA and lived in Orlando and they were worse there I think.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Nashville, TN is hell to drive in (Coming from a guy who has lived in NYC and travelled all over). People here will cut you off at any given moment without much time to react.

Oct 27, 2017
I was recently in LA and I was gobsmacked by how shitty and unaware the drivers were. We took Lyft and Uber everywhere and thank God, I would have murdered someone had I been behind the wheel.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Having lived in CA, MD, TX, FL, and OH, out of those 5 I can definitely say Maryland/DC is the worst. Followed by California, followed by Texas. FL and OH are tame compared to those 3 bad boys.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Every place thinks they have the worst drivers. Or everybody thinks the place they visited once has the worst drivers.

OP
OP
Bruceleeroy

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
It's Texas.

I've never felt unsafe on a road anywhere...except this fucking hellhole.

Had people.not paying attention crash into my car twice.

I narrowly avoid accidents daily.

I have to drive like I'm anticipating all moves from all drivers like a Jedi or some shit and it's impossible.

You Texan fuckers can't drive because you fuckers don't pay attention. Put your phone down.

I want to run for Governor with a one issue campaign of the death penalty for cell phone usage while driving.

Edit -- only saving grace is Texan drivers don't drive very fast. If they drove with the speed and aggression of Jersey plus the inattentiveness and stupidity of Texas...

Well...Damn that is definitely worse. The phone thing is an absolute epidemic though

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone says this about where they live. I live in LA and lived in Orlando and they were worse there I think.
This is true, but even if you search for ranked lists backed by government/insurance data the results are wildly different. For example one list has Maine as the #1 worst, while on another it's 44th worst.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Two days ago I was almost killed in a car accident. The driver ran a red and hit two other cars in the process. Everyone survived thankfully but that driver was drunk and stupid and if I didn't stop in time then I would have been the one to get hit and probably die since I would have taken the full impact. This happened by Hollywood.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get why anybody can put Texas as worse than LA.
OP should just say the greater LA area instead of California.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well...Damn that is definitely worse. The phone thing is an absolute epidemic though
Driving a rental around LA, SD, the OC, Glendale, etc., I found it to be fine. Not great. Not awful. Could be better. But I found it refreshing that people seemed to py attention so their movements were predictable. "That dude will cut me off" is better than "is that person looking at the HOLY SHIT THEY THINK MY CAR ISNT NEXT TO THEM"

Oct 30, 2017
clearly it is nowhere in the US.

try cairo — perpetually jammed five-lane streets without lane markings or, as far as i could tell, rules.

Never been to Taiwan I see, and they're not even the worst.

at least the moped drivers are somewhat orderly! given the mix of vehicles on the road i feel like taiwan should be a lot crazier than it actually is.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, everyone wants to fight, some may or may not have guns, or knives that they like to flash, its very scary at times. IF anyone wants to refute me just watch the first 10 min of the news each night and see how many road rage shit comes up.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
When I went to the States on holiday, I was told that Florida had that reputation because there are a shit load of retirees there who really shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel. No idea how true it was in general, but sure enough heading back from Disney late one night, I glanced away from the highway for a second and when I glanced back the car driven by some old dodderer in front had literally stopped in the middle of the highway and I had to swerve around them.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
When I was in a cab in Istanbul on the highway, heading to the airport for a 5am flight, the driver was going over 100 MPH without a care in the world. While we were flying, another car ZOOMS by us. Must've been going 130-140 MPH.

Backseats of the cab did't have seat-belts btw.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Whats the most common asshole-driver car in your area?

Where I am its:

-Nissan Altimas
-Chevy trucks

Trucks, easily.

- Drive like being in a bigger vehicle makes you immune to any personal injury.
- Speed like a madman past everyone in the rain.
- Can't gauge the size of your truck so you swing the opposite direction before making your turn to give you more room to make the corner, and still bounce one of the rear tires on the curb.
- Blow past people through high water and completely fuck up their vision as the water goes over the windshield
- Try to race literally any sporty looking car
- Blind to everyone else because your truck is lifted way too high for some reason and nearly run people off the road.
- Park directly on the line in parking lots because your two ton drivers side door needs eight feet next to it so you can get out safely but lock people out of their car next to you.

Yeah, definitely trucks.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Taiwan has the worst drivers, my friend went there and would always tell us about the scary drivers.

Oct 29, 2017
- Can't gauge the size of your truck so you swing the opposite direction before making your turn to give you more room to make the corner, and still bounce one of the rear tires on the curb.

Dude, this one drives me nuts. Everyone does it even in small cars. Sometimes they swing into other lanes when doing it too, Ive almost side swiped several idiots doing this.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
I like how the OP defined "the planet" and all the responses have been "Nah, it's *insert US States*"

You all need to watch videos of driving in SE Asia.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I've been to 48 states and nowhere had more consistently bad drivers than Florida.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
I agree L.A. is the worst out of everywhere I've driven. They hand out driver licenses like flyers in California, which is kind of understandable since you're pretty fucked if you can't drive in Cali. But my god there are tens of thousands of people who should have no business being on the road in Cali.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Go on any city's individual reddit page and you'll find the same claim from every single city.