• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
- Try to race literally any sporty looking car
yep. I drive a Mustang and every once in a while a dude in a Challenger or Camaro will try and race me(usually they give up when I let them take off because I have no interest in racing them), but pickup trucks see it as a special duty to race me at any opportunity. I've had trucks pulling trailers try and pull shit with me. Like dude you are driving a vehicle twice as heavy as mine and pulling a trailer, how about trying to drive responsibly hmm?

I don't understand what goes through a pickup truck drivers' mind when they see my Mustang.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I've lived in Brooklyn and had a car in Brooklyn a place that is like trying to navigate in a hamster maze while living with 2.7 Million other people and even that doomed recipe for transit doesn't come close to the pain and suffering you will experience living in California. I have now lived in OC for the last 4 years not even LA mind you just good ole OC and every day I decide to go anywhere absolutely anywhere at all there is guaranteed to be an alert on my phone that - "You are on the fastest route despite accidents ahead" GUARANTEED. While driving you see why. People in general don't know how to merge or properly exit the freeway. You have massive abuse of the car pool lane with people darting in and out and a general inconsistency in basic skills - How do I go from one lane to another? How early or late should I brake if I see people braking ahead of me? Can I use the exit ramp as a through lane until the last moment when I have to merge into the adjacent lane forcing everyone to slam on their brakes?.. Yup I can!

This lack of basic sense of course leads to a collision and what do these geniuses do that feel someone hit their back bumper.
They stop. In their lane. In the middle of the freeway and get out of the cars like what just happened is now a crime scene and they want to preserve as much of the evidence as possible.

I don't even have to drive that often and every time I go anywhere I swear its only moments in when I start getting that urge to turn the wheel and drive into oncoming traffic.

giphy.gif

This was my live journal post of the month.
Thanks for your time

A new report out today said Baltimore was the worst and D.C. a near second. As a D.C. resident I readily concur with their assessment.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts drivers, especially Boston drivers, are absolute monsters. If you've never tried to drive in or around Boston, you have never known true vehicular suffering.

Oct 31, 2017
I avoid driving on the freeway because people are 1. fucking nuts 2. selfish assholes

I don't care if that means it'll take me 10-30 extra minutes to arrive at my destination

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
In my visits to LA and California I do not understand how they could be such bad drivers YOU PEOPLE HAVE LIKE 7 LANES TO USE, HOW CAN YOU DRIVE SO BADLY!?

I only give my fellows in Ohio shit for being bad drivers on the first heavy snowfall when people drive like they've never seen snow before.

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Go to China, especially Beijing. They literally never ask for permission to merge. They simply honk their horns to let you know that they are about to merge ahead of you, whether you're ready or not.

swift-darius

May 10, 2018
I get that this forum is mostly americans

but you would be shocked at how different driving is in some developing countries. try and broaden your perspective, for real

Zugma

Oct 27, 2017
Vietnam is definitely the worst. Driving down an alley at top speed with numerous blind corners is a common thing to observe there. When approaching said corners they don't slow down, they just beep multiple times to let people know they're coming.

Literally every co-worker of mine had been in at least one accident, with several of those causing significant injuries

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
In this thread everyone thinks where they live has the worst drivers.

People, I'm telling you-California is the worst. You can trust me.

And it's gotten much worse in the last 10-12 years.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Russia, India, Turkey, Dominican Republic and I'm sure there are many more. But I've heard about CA being a hell for drivers.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
In the Bay Area, you're basically forced to drive bumper to bumper, because if you in as far as leave a tiny bit of room in front of you, someone zips in and cuts you off without using a blinker.

That said-the other person HAS to do that, because if you put your blinker on no one will ever let you in because of the above.

The entire system is fucked.

The main problem is that everyone is in the wrong lane the entire time. People are just constantly changing lanes because they want to be in the current "fastest" one-but everyone changing lanes is causing all the traffic.

Pumpkinator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhat unrelated, but I don't understand how everyone in Texas can afford trucks that cost around $60K not counting the ridiculous lift job, heavy duty grill and any other ridiculous modifications they can come up with. These things are everywhere and in pristine condition. The only trucks you actually see hauling anything are the poor schlubs that are driving little nissan frontier/ford ranger beaters that are loaded down with so much equipment they can't even go the speed limit.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
In the Bay Area, you're basically forced to drive bumper to bumper, because if you in as far as leave a tiny bit of room in front of you, someone zips in and cuts you off without using a blinker.

That said-the other person HAS to do that, because if you put your blinker on no one will ever let you in because of the above.
I've heard of this, I think it's called uh "you hesitate you wait". Yeah, that's it.

My dad grew up in the Bay and even though he hasn't driven there in over 25 years, he's told many stories just like this one, and always used that phrase to describe the phenomenon. Guess some things never change.

Deleted member 15948

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Anyone saying anywhere in North America is so wrong it hurts.

Taiwan is top out of places I've been but even I know that isn't the right answer either.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal honestly isn't that bad. Main thing is what you mentioned, people don't know how to merge.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
I'm from California, and I've never been as scared on the roads as I was in Saudia Arabia.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida by far has the worst driver's I've ever encountered and I'm from good ole OC California.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recently moved from Chicago to Southern California, I couldn't believe how horrible drivers here are. Drivers will regularly make risky meneuvers to gain a couple seconds of time.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
look up the insurance rates, whichever city has the highest is your answer

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I recently moved from Chicago to Southern California, I couldn't believe how horrible drivers here are. Drivers will regularly make risky meneuvers to gain a couple seconds of time.
Gotta be on the offense all the time and gain ground. That being said, I can easily handle California drivers and laugh at those who lane hope, but don't really know what their doing or know the area. I see so many people jumping around as I stay in my lane and then pass them up even though they were able to get 3-4 cars ahead. Merging is always a problem here, people on freeways being the worse. It does drive me nuts seeing a person not understand you need to go the freeway traffic flow speed when getting on, not slow as fuck causing everyone to slam on their brakes!

Those saying TJ is bad, I find driving in TJ fun. It's the fucking wild west out there and you throw all rules out the window when you cross that border. When in TJ, drive like they do, it will give you an adrenaline rush and you will have fun knowing it's perfectly normal.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I moved to Southern Oregon from NorCal and I think Oregon drivers are worse imo. The sad truth is that shitty drivers are everywhere lmao

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we're pretty damn bad here. Had 3 close calls on the way home from work yesterday. And I live 5 minutes away.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Because I spend a lot of time down there... going to say Georgia - but really just the Atlanta area OTP and ITP.

All the migration to there from around the country has lead to a menagerie of the worst drivers from all across the land. The worst of California, the northeast and Florida, all collected there.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've driven down the east coast from Boston to Tampa multiple times and I live in California now. Cali easily has the worst drivers. In the past week I've seen people regularly disregard headlights during rain or nighttime, refuse to use turn signals, not letting people over when they need to merge (yesterday I saw two cars basically playing chicken with someone who needed to get into their lane, speeding up and slowing down just because they simply would not allow anyone to get in front of them), tailgating HARD and absolutely flipping out when people are not moving out of their way immediately, abusing the carpool lanes by going over double yellow lines repeatedly to use it as a way to get pass cars during heavy traffic. It's incredibly frustrating to drive here every day, people have no respect for others on the road.

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone's a homer and wants bragging rights over the worst traffic, the worst drivers, the worst commute.

I haven't been everywhere, but I've moved from one end of this country to another and was a road warrior for a number of years back when I was attached to a sales office. So I've seen drivers from Seattle to SoCal to Miami to New England, and all sorts of places between. And, to boot, I don't have much in the way of homerism, since I've never lived in any one place for more than a quarter of my life. (I haven't been to Alaska or Hawaii or the colonies.) And I will say. . . man, every place has bad drivers. I got stories about pretty much every place I've been.

So while this isn't scientific, I'd say the winner is. . . Boston, easy. In fact, while they complain about traffic, I vocally disagree and point out it's the drivers. I would reserve the "worst traffic" award to someplace that deserves it. I could fill a book with all the bad habits I've seen in America, and sure all of those happen in Boston too. I could fill another book with just the crazy stuff I've only seen in Boston. These people just flat-out should not be driving, because the drivers here aren't merely inattentive or lazy or incompetent or even possibly drunk. You can kind of see what mood people are in by the way they drive. Aggressive cut-offs, weaving in and out of lanes, and heavy pedal feet are all internally consistent in their own way. And again, you see plenty of that. AND THEN, there's the jank. Like the city itself needs a bug patch. Like. . . just. . . why??

Just one example. ONE. Have you ever been driving along a four-lane one-way road (not a highway but a main city artery), camping in your lane at 40-45mph because things are moving along, and then suddenly see the car in front of you slam its brakes right in the middle of the lanes, green light ahead and nothing within 50m in front of it, and you have to swerve violently to avoid it? If you were checking Facebook you'd be dead. Something that just defies all logic, common sense, self-interest, self-preservation, or even any goddamn reason you can possibly think of? It's just a WTF freakout like you're driving in an MDickie game. Well, this kind of thing isn't even rare in Boston. It just. . . happens. You literally can't trust anyone in any situation for even a second. You can't assume they're limited to jerkish-but-I-get-it things like cutting you off or driving verrry slowly. For all you know the car in front of you might swerve off the road, run a lap around someone's mailbox and then slowly back into a port-a-potty like it needs to take a crap because I've basically seen everything but.
I've driven down the east coast from Boston to Tampa multiple times and I live in California now. Cali easily has the worst drivers. In the past week I've seen people regularly disregard headlights during rain or nighttime, refuse to use turn signals, not letting people over when they need to merge (yesterday I saw two cars basically playing chicken with someone who needed to get into their lane, speeding up and slowing down just because they simply would not allow anyone to get in front of them), tailgating HARD and absolutely flipping out when people are not moving out of their way immediately, abusing the carpool lanes by going over double yellow lines repeatedly to use it as a way to get pass cars during heavy traffic.
Meh. I've driven in Cali and drive in Boston these days; I see all that on a regular basis here, worse, AND The Jank.

Anyone wants to challenge Boston for the honor of Worst Drivers in the World, they need to beat The Jank. And I don't even know how you'd go about doing that, to say nothing of why anyone in their right mind would want to.

Last edited: