• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, if we're talking about the US, I think NY drivers are the worst.

For Canada, Quebec drivers easily take the cake. Sometimes I wonder if they teach drivers, in Quebec, to intentionally hog the left lane going speed limit or lower.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
California is a shithole. Shitty people ruined this one great state. I can't wait to leave this place. This happened near me a few weeks ago. NSFW.

BTW, the same driver who murdered someone in that video, led police in a high speed chase last year and got away with it.

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal Drivers: We're the worst!

AZ Drivers: Hold my meth....

I swear that AZ Drivers are allergic to turn signals..

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I say drivers in general have gotten worse. The fuck is up with people not accepting that they missed their exit or turn or what have you and stopping hoping somebody lets them in to do so?

I mean, I saw some jackass once stop in the #3 lane after missing their damn exit and fucking back up!

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
California is a shithole. Shitty people ruined this one great state. I can't wait to leave this place. This happened near me a few weeks ago. NSFW.

BTW, the same driver who murdered someone in that video, led police in a high speed chase last year and got away with it.

holy shit, looked like the Chevy was targeting that car. nutty video

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland around DC metro area is pretty fucking terrible. Lived there and LA area. LA was people not paying attention cause they were stuck in traffic so often, Maryland is more like they legitimately don't know how to drive plus cops are so vigilant that people will pace other cars on a 4 lane highway so as not to speed...or they'll just slam on their breaks out of fucking nowhere.

New York is fine. You just have to understand that rules don't matter - except no right on red. Fuck you if you break that one rule.

I agree with a lot of posters citing Boston though. Terrible.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I live in California but have driven in a decent amount of other states. Decided against driving in Boston, but did drive throughout the east coast. It's not close, California really is that goddamn bad. Everywhere you drive from San Diego to LA you will get your ass ridden. People don't use turn signals, they run lights, they don't give a fuck about pedestrians or bikes.

Truly the worst place to drive, especially considering how vital driving is to living in California.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

The thing is you see people driving like this twice a day on a California freeway. Always whipping in and out of lanes.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Where are there good drivers?
For a large city in general New York City has excellent drivers.

Everyone understands how to push it to make the mass move as quickly as possible.

Contrast that with DC (at least when I lived there). People are just happy to sit around and wait for the sun to fucking set instead of trying to move traffic.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Everyone here needs to travel outside of the US to see some truly horrible driving. I used a taxi in China and the dude drive in the opposite side of a freeway because of a traffic jam. Thailand and India driving is also awful.

To be fair this dude was high on meth. You don't normally get people doing 120 on freeways during heavy traffic here.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Or most any Asian country.

Every time I go to Indonesia its wild.

According the World Helath Organizations latest report*, Thailand is only beaten by two central African countries (CAR and DRC) in terms of the most dangerous roads for drivers in terms of fatalities.
Indonesia's rate was actually calculated as half of Thailand's.

*Only includes countries that issues driving licenses.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
According the World Helath Organizations latest report*, Thailand is only beaten by two central African countries (CAR and DRC) in terms of the most dangerous roads for drivers in terms of fatalities.
Indonesia's rate was actually calculated as half of Thailand's.

*Only includes countries that issues driving licenses.

Holy shit that's insane.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I just came from a 3 week vacation where I drove alone for 9940km and went to 18 european countries and the only place I felt people drove differently was Italy (not necessarily bad, just very very fast), and traffic in Rome was absolutely insane.
In asian countries, driving seemed like chaos, but I guess if you're not expecting anyone to follow any rules, you pay more attention and it somehow becomes safer?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've lived in Taiwan for several years and the roads are crazy with the mix of scooters & cars, but looking at a traffic fatality chart by country, Taiwan's fatality rate is on the low-to-average side. So traffic there is dangerous, but apparently people there are better drivers to make up for it? In any case, I would never want to drive there and I grew up in Southern California.

Of all the countries I've visited, the ones where I felt like traffic was the safest for both vehicles & pedestrians are Singapore and Japan.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It's bad

Miami drivers are assholes. At least in California they don't pull stunts like reversing on a freeway if they missed their exit
At least they mostly follow HOV rules. In Texas, HOV exits and entrances basically don't exist. They jump in and out of them whenever they feel like and they'll swerve from an HOV lane across and 4 lanes to make the freeway exit.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I can confirm.

We once went on a trip to LA. On the highway, if you give an indicator to change lanes, the car behind will actively speed up on purpose to pass instead of giving you space.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
The Philippines has the worst drivers and traffic I've ever personally seen, but I guess they somehow make all of the chaos work for them. I've heard a ton of horror stories from coworkers about Egypt traffic and driving as well.
In the US though, there are shitty drivers everywhere and everyone thinks they have the worst drivers where they are. It's bad everywhere and there are selfish asshole idiots spread all across the country. I used to think Georgia was pretty bad from all the times I drove from SC down to Atlanta but then I drove to Jacksonville, FL. For only one day! As I left Florida on my way back I said "Holy shit, I don't ever want to drive around these people ever again." I feel like for the most part it isn't so bad where I am, but the military base in town means there are thousands of shitty drivers from all over the country in this one location. Driving past the base around 4:00 PM while everyone is getting off work means you'll be stuck in traffic with shitty drivers from Georgia, Texas, California, Florida, New York, and everywhere else, in addition to the locals.

THAT'S where things get really bad, is anywhere which has a large population of drivers from all over the place in one spot, so near military bases, metropolitan airports, tourist locations like Disneyworld, and more.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston has the worst drivers.
No.

I grew up in CT, people there drive normal.

I moved to Boston. People in Boston/Mass drive crazy and dumb.

Then I moved to Houston. I soon realized that Boston drivers were just a product of insane street layouts and rules. People just doing the best in a tough environment.

Driving in Houston SHOULD be easy. Long, wide highways, easy roads, simple layout. And yet everyone drives like a maniac. Always 15 minimum over the speed limit. No turn signals. Try to exit the last second. Will ignore a line forming for an exit just to squeeze in at the last second. Lane switching every 2 seconds. Tailgate your ass.

I live in the Seattle area now. People here are a lot more passive driving, which comes with its own annoyances. But goddamn I do not miss driving in Houston at all. Between CT, Boston/Mass, Houston, and Seattle... Houston is by FAR the worst.

No, because Texas exists. You don't even need to take a driving test to get your license there and every jackass in a Ford F-150 thinks the laws of physics and/or the road don't apply
Yep, it was always the pickup trucks that acted like they are better than everyone else and can drive how they like.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The south has legitimately terrible drivers. California is up there but depends on which part of the state. People in the cities drive like total douchebags who only care about themselves. In the rural areas and on smaller highways people don't know how to use the lanes properly so they just hang out in the left lane completely oblivious to those around them.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jersey drivers in Philly are such trash
Philly drivers in Philly are also trash. The only city I've been to where stop lights are more of a suggestion than an actual rule to follow. I see people drive up on the sidewalk on a regular basis to get around things.

Never been to Cali but they can't possibly be worse than Philly drivers.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
No.

I grew up in CT, people there drive normal.

I moved to Boston. People in Boston/Mass drive crazy and dumb.

Then I moved to Houston. I soon realized that Boston drivers were just a product of insane street layouts and rules. People just doing the best in a tough environment.

I still stand by my Boston pick, but damn, I agree that Houston drivers are fucking shit. Some of the most godawful traffic I've ever dealt with, and yes, that includes Los Angeles which I find more tolerable sometimes.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
In the world? No state in the US is the worst, probably not even top 10.

California has a wide range of driver ability. Some of the best, some of the worst. It's too large to have any sort of consistency. Usually the best ones are people who grew up here as driving is such an important part of everyday life in California.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
It's Texas.

I've never felt unsafe on a road anywhere...except this fucking hellhole.

Had people.not paying attention crash into my car twice.

I narrowly avoid accidents daily.

I have to drive like I'm anticipating all moves from all drivers like a Jedi or some shit and it's impossible.

You Texan fuckers can't drive because you fuckers don't pay attention. Put your phone down.

I want to run for Governor with a one issue campaign of the death penalty for cell phone usage while driving.

Edit -- only saving grace is Texan drivers don't drive very fast. If they drove with the speed and aggression of Jersey plus the inattentiveness and stupidity of Texas...

I've lived in Texas 27 years. Texas driving is dangerous. I think it's the worst in the USA. The drivers don't follow zipper merging and they are clueless at at 4 way stops. They run red lights and they block you from exiting the freeway even when you have right of way. It's common to miss your exit or barely clear the divider without a moment to spare because people won't let you go where you need to. They speed up every time you signal or try to change lanes. Consequently nobody signals when they change lanes. People go 90+ mph on the freeway and will ride your ass until you speed up with them or move out of the way. They will aggressively zigzag to get around you without any warning. There's multiple crashes on every Texas highway every fucking day and people will line up slowly, single file to pass the wreckage.

Fuck Texas drivers to hell. My spouse moved here from California and he's terrified to drive in this state. Traffic gives him panic attacks because it is just plain unsafe.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
PA drivers are usually fine, but Ohio drivers drive slooooooow. Fuckin Slohio infects my town every summer. And when on the highway, you sometimes need to deal with the odd Ohio-Brand Muffler Delete.