• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Trailers can really help sell a game, obviously being their purpose but man, when a trailer nails it, it really nails it.

I feel like there's plenty of "decent" trailers for a lot of good games but I feel like, at least this year, none have managed to be as good as these two from MK11.

They're really well cut and have good pacing that doesn't make them feel overly long. They really get you pumped up and sell you on the story.

Like mentioned by others but it's great how in the new trailer it starts off with all of the 90s characters winning their fights to an 90s song but then when it changes to a song from 2014(?), then all of the present day characters begin to win their fights. Nice little detail there.

If you have any other trailers (from this year) that you also feel are really good, this would be a place to show them as well.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
MK trailers have always been great, the only people who think otherwise are pasty nerds

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
MK's always had dope trailers I'd say, they're able to adapt with the times. Shit even Deadly Alliance had a good trailer lol.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017
Can't stand the violence of MK modern series at all so I was never going to properly appreciate the work. How can human minds imagine such nasty things lol? OMG

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Everything about this game is oozing with talent!
Trailers, fatalities, character designs, HUD designs... Simply everything is more creative, more stylish and simply better than previous MKs

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having not played a MK game a lot since MK3 ultimate, I would have to say that last trailer was great. I'm surprised how much of an evergreen series it is and how they seem to continue to raise the ante. Very impressive.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
The character reveals have been pretty good too. They show the characters. Show a bit of their personality/story with the pre-round interaction. They show their moves and they show players a Fatality. It's a good, meaty look at gameplay that doesn't come up too short or overstay its welcome.

NR knows what works for their trailers and reveals. I haven't seriously played a Mortal Kombat game in years and even I'm excited to give this one a go.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
still a lot of gross/bizarre sadism and misanthropy though.

But even by MK standards the fatalities are much more playfully than just sadistic. Like very little fatalities that focus on the victim screaming for example like that super sadistic Kung Lao one with the hat as a ground saw

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Loving everything about the marketing so far.

God, Johnny has become one of my favorites. Got that Kurt Russell as Jack Burton vibe. Making him one of the stars of the last game was a really great move on NRS's part.

Still a Sub-Zero boy.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hyped for this game it's crazy. Excellent job all around. Won't be surprised when this becomes the fastest selling fighting game of all time.

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
I saw the new trailer earlier today and thought the same exact thing. Their trailers are always so good. I'm glad I went ahead and preordered this.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting really close to the point where NetherRealm outright destroys other fighting game developers at every level of the presentation of their fighting games. Like, technically they've already objectively won. Their games are easily the most graphically intensive and visually impressive games on the market. But the old skool vs. new skool trailer really showed me that their animations and character designs are really reaching new heights.

If you want to see a development team that has done an incredible job in every regard this generation, it's NetherRealm.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
It's getting really close to the point where NetherRealm outright destroys other fighting game developers at every level of the presentation of their fighting games. Like, technically they've already objectively won. Their games are easily the most graphically intensive and visually impressive games on the market. But the old skool vs. new skool trailer really showed me that their animations and character designs are really reaching new heights.

If you want to see a development team that has done an incredible job in every regard this generation, it's NetherRealm.

Yep, I really can't wait for Injustice 3 simply because of how high quality the MK11 marketing has been. I've never been afraid to support Netherrealm but shit man, they got me with MK this generation more than I want to admit

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I really can't wait for Injustice 3 simply because of how high quality the MK11 marketing has been. I've never been afraid to support Netherrealm but shit man, they got me with MK this generation more than I want to admit
I'm not good at fighting games at all. But I'm buying MK11 day 1 because of how incredible the complete package looks. Like, everything from the diversity of the cast, to the dramatically improved animations, to the fact that it has some of the best visuals of any game released this generation. NetherRealm has seriously exceeded my wildest expectations. Just comparing this game to MKX on a presentation level shows how far they've come. I can't wait to see what they do soon with PS5/XB2 level tech.

While we're looking at completely different genres, this is still a time where even large developers are having a difficult time releasing high quality games at a regular pace. The fact that NetherRealm just seems to pump stuff like this out every 2 years is seriously unbelievable.

Last edited:

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
The facial animations are insane. Best in the business right now.

The production value is incredible too. This is basically the closest thing that video games have to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. People love these characters and they're all getting together for a massive throwdown.

Last edited: