• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is better

• Home Alone

Votes: 831 76.3%
  • Home Alone 2

Votes: 258 23.7%

• Total voters

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland
In 2 Kevin goes full psychopath,
Almost everything he does should kill someone.

I wanna say 1 is more believable but saying that I think 2 is more emotional and dare I say feels more mature.

It's a tough one but I'm gonna say 1.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
They're both fucking awesome and watching them back-to-back is a tradition.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Normally I'm cool with people having their dumb opinions but anybody that thinks LiNY is better than the original is flat out wrong and should be considered a villain.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
The whole childrens hospital/Duncan and pigeon lady stuff in 2 is sooo lame but goddamn if I didn't laugh my ass off during the house defense when I rewatched it this weekend. That pipe to their faces lmao. Daniel Stern and his skeleton are acting the shit out of this movie.
Also the supporting cast in the Plaza is pretty great.
except for trump

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

As a kid I would always dream of the scene where he spends all that cash. LIVING THE LIFE

But yes, Home Alone 2. Though the pigeon lady arc was pretty stupid looking back on it, I'll admit.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Home Alone 2 is better because it pushes everything into cartoon territory and it makes things instantly funnier.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked 3 as a kid. Haven't watched it in like 15 years and based on what I've heard I should leave it that way.

I haven't watched 1 or 2 in ages either. They're kinda interchangeable in my head.

Didn't like 4, haven't watched 5.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Look what you did you little jerk! Home Alone 1 is better.

I just watched both with my kids.

The gangster movie in 2 has to really stretch for its gag and ends up being really disturbing.

Oct 28, 2017
Doesn't Kevin prove that he hasn't learned anything in Home Alone 2? After seeing that his old shovel neighbor is actually nice, he fears the bird lady out of his usual elitist prejudice.

Kizuna

Oct 27, 2017
Home Alone 3 is criminally underrated. Had in on VHS and it was the funniest shit ever in the eyes of an 8-year old me.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
In Home Alone 1 Kevin is a little shit and his family are all a bunch of assholes so I really didn't care if they got robbed or not, plus the first movie has to invent some pretty stupid reasons to justify why nobody can communicate with Kevin.

The way Kevin gets separated from his family in Home Alone 2 is a little more justifiable (and scarier, tbh) plus Home Alone 2 has Tim Curry chewing up scenery.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The first is the best but only by a hair, Home Alone 2 is one of the best sequels ever made and is pure childlike wonder and awe distilled into film.

Let me use this as an opportunity to give a big "fuck you" to Home Alone 4 by the way.

borghe

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Kevin prove that he hasn't learned anything in Home Alone 2? After seeing that his old shovel neighbor is actually nice, he fears the bird lady out of his usual elitist prejudice.
TBF, a neighbor with a shovel is NOTHING like a homeless lady with pigeons covering every inch of her body. just saying.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, a 20 second cameo of Donald Trump ruins a movie for people. Give me a break.

Donald Trump cameos are the fucking worst. He always plays Donald Trump and it's always some self-serving bullshit where he is just standing around in a tuxedo being Donald Trump. He can't act. At all. Sometimes he'll have one line and he always mangles it. When I'm watching an old movie in 2018 and Donald Trump pops in for a cameo I feel like I'm being personally trolled by the simulation. He got me again recently when I rewatched Two Weeks Notice. It's like the Stan Lee cameos from Marvel movies if Stan Lee was a smarmy dumbass white supremacist.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Donald Trump cameos are the fucking worst. He always plays Donald Trump and it's always some self-serving bullshit where he is just standing around in a tuxedo being Donald Trump. He can't act. At all. Sometimes he'll have one line and he always mangles it. When I'm watching an old movie in 2018 and Donald Trump pops in for a cameo I feel like I'm being personally trolled by the simulation. He got me again recently when I rewatched Two Weeks Notice. It's like the Stan Lee cameos from Marvel movies if Stan Lee was a smarmy dumbass white supremacist.

amazing

Oct 30, 2017
I watched Home Alone 2 over the weekend and I had such a visceral reaction to Marv getting slammed in the head with those fucking bricks. I mean, my god, all I could imagine in my head is Harry looking down in horror as Marv's skull is crushed in and he's bleeding out and seizing while Kevin fucking McCallister--the asshole kid who permanently scarred my hand, helped give me a severe TBI, and set my god damn hair on fire--is still hurtling bricks down on my partner-in-crime and best friend. Pieces of Marv's skull and brain matter smattering the cold New York concrete, meat steaming in the midnight air.

But then Marv turns into a skeleton and I laugh my fucking ass off.

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Home Alone 2 over the weekend and I had such a visceral reaction to Marv getting slammed in the head with those fucking bricks. I mean, my god, all I could imagine in my head is Harry looking down in horror as Marv's skull is crushed in and he's bleeding out and seizing while Kevin fucking McCallister--the asshole kid who permanently scarred my hand, helped give me a severe TBI, and set my god damn hair on fire--is still hurtling bricks down on my partner-in-crime and best friend. Pieces of Marv's skull and brain matter smattering the cold New York concrete, meat steaming in the midnight air.

But then Marv turns into a skeleton and I laugh my fucking ass off.
Seriously, the violence in the second one is EXTREME. As a kid, it didn't bother me at all, but as an adult I'm like jesus christ that's a fucking brick, you little asshole

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like the first one for the warm, comforting vibe of that 90's house, but the second one has much better violence against the wet/sticky bandits.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
The first is better. The second is great in its own way, but it's also a damn live action Looney Tunes cartoon. I kind of love them both though. We have holiday films on rotation at my job in the break room right now, so I've watched portions of Home Alone the last few days and it's still a whole lot of fun.

Also, The Good Son is the real Home Alone 3.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
The first film had a lovely John Candy cameo, Kevin's excited realisation that he was home alone, Uncle Frank and his not-very-compassionate nature — "Just horrible. Horrible, horrible." — Marve's dialogue was more memorable, that monstrous ice cream sundae Kevin was happily woofing down, "Keep the change, you filthy animal!", the better booby-traps (compared to the sequel) and is just generally a feel-good family Christmas film.

I absolutely adore Home Alone, along with Elf and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
The first is definitely a better overall movie, but the second is an enjoyable sequel that succeeds in delivering more of what people loved about the first (humor and people getting hurt).

zmAM6bA.gif

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Funny enough, whenever I think of Tim Curry roles, Home Alone 2 comes to mind first.

But I'll still have to go with 1.

Thornquist

Jan 22, 2018
Norway
Its Home Alone 1. I like them both, but 2 is a very safe sequel that basically rehashes 1 in a different setting.

And Shovel Man >>>>>> Pidgeon lady.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I like both of them, but I prefer 2, probably because I saw it before I saw 1 and I was relatively young.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
1 overall, but I will never not laugh my ass off at the brick scene and the electrocution scene.

My thoughts exactly. Hell I recently watched the second with my kids ( I personally hadn't seen the movie in yeeaaars) and I don't think I laughed so hard at a gag in my life. I seriously couldn't stop laughing smh.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Actually hesitating a lot on this one. I think i prefer the 2nd one. Hmm wait. I dunno ! Love the old woman in the 2nd one and the Duncan shop. Hmmm dude i dunno. Not gonna vote lol