• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which is better

• Home Alone

Votes: 831 76.3%
  • Home Alone 2

Votes: 258 23.7%

• Total voters

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I can't say 1 or 2 are particularly excellent movies on any front especially on rewatch but the setpieces in 2 resonate with me more. Plus I love Tim Curry

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone on the world who couldn't recite the filthy animal scene perfectly?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
People saying 2 are why Hollywood makes creatively bankrupt sequels like The Hangover Part II. It's cynical as fuck and people don't care.
I saw 2 first when I was young, so the original felt like a rehash to me when I saw it later and it honestly felt kinda boring and forgettable in comparison. I still prefer 2 to this day, but I've also grown to love the original. Even if 2 is a cynical cash grab, it's brought me a lot of joy over the years so whatever.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched this and thought of this thread. Glad someone posted it already on here. Macaulay Culkin is hilarious and fits in so well with the Red Letter Media crew. Home Alone 4 looks terrible though.

Oh yeah, Macaulay should be a new regular. He's very well versed in films, bounces off the normal cast very well and seems naturally funny :D

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The first Home Alone. As the internet basically says, it's Die Hard for kids.

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Refresh my memory, how the boarding pass ended there?
Kevin's dad was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen with a bunch of red towels. He accidentally picks up the pass and throws it into the trash with the towels.
PowOhZC.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kevin's dad was cleaning up the mess in the kitchen with a bunch of red towels. He accidentally picks up the pass and throws it into the trash with the towels.
PowOhZC.jpg

Wow, I rewatched the scene now and it was definitely something that it would have been easy to miss out

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
It is so difficult to get a good acting performance out of a little kid. Macauley Culkin was probably as good as it could get since Shirley Temple. It's incredible how talented she was at such a young age. A leading role at age 5 is remarkable.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I like salt man more than seed lady. I like the gags a little bit more in the first one, but the second one has some really good ones too, so I'm willing to call that a wash. I like the story and the location more in the first one too, so I'll go with the first one.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You been smooching everybody! Snuffy, Al, Leo... Little Moe with the gimpy leg, Cheeks, Boney Bob, Cliff...
t3jbvKo.gif

I could go on forever, baby.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
One of those topics I didn't realize there was much debate over. My mind was similarly blown when I realized a decent amount of people prefer Ace Ventura 2 over 1.

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
1 by a wide margin..2 still has its moments but it's not a classic like the first, which is also the highest grossing Christmas movie ever!-not saying that's indicative of quality but that it's crazy that it's the highest grossing Xmas movie

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The electrocution skeleton part still has me genuinely howling, It's timed so well, makes me hold my laugh, build up to bursting.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of those topics I didn't realize there was much debate over. My mind was similarly blown when I realized a decent amount of people prefer Ace Ventura 2 over 1.

that's because ace ventura 2 is better than ace ventura 1 which is a fucking slog of a movie

meanwhile ace ventura 2 is just full on batshit insane

also d2 the mighty ducks is better than the first

secret of the ooze is a dark horse sequel pick

I prefer gremlins 1 because it's a legit classic but I'm not mad if you're taking 2

yeah

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
that's because ace ventura 2 is better than ace ventura 1 which is a fucking slog of a movie

I prefer gremlins 1 because it's a legit classic but I'm not mad if you're taking 2

yeah

98QQcXl.gif

Ace Ventura 2 works better for a younger crowd than 1 does.

Even 8 year old me recognized Ace Ventura 2 for the rehash it was.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018

yeah
Ace 2 and D2 are definitely superior sequels, and I'd say Gremlins 2 as well.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do get the whole "well the 2nd movie is just the first movie done in a different setting!" but for some franchises, I really don't want to see something radically different. I don't want to see a Rocky movie that ends in a say ... a street fight or arm wrestling competition instead of a boxing match that has a predictable training montage.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah, Macaulay should be a new regular. He's very well versed in films, bounces off the normal cast very well and seems naturally funny :D

I was more astonished to see him later on AVGN twice. He is also very versed in video games. Like he knows all the oldschool shit. He really played those Genesis and SNES games back in the days. Seems like he is just a cool dude. I wonder if he has a Resetera account ;)

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

yeah
God do I love D2 and the mighty ducks in general